Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    i would unfriend anyone for not being democratic ( not the american party )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do not post about politics on social media if you are using your real identity (which most people are). Forget about your friends. You DO NOT want your boss to know about your politics.
    Pretty much this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Not on social media but in real life. Had a 'friend' move out to the West Coast, become a creepy bum who is huge into drugs and feminist rhetoric. Moved back here and went all holier than thou on me about my views, which is funny because he's anti religion but is a huge zealot for that shit he thinks so the contradiction never occurs to him.

Not a huge loss, fair weather friends aren't worth shit in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Well don't you feel dumb now since that's been accepted far and wide by everyone but neocons and those with blinders on.
    Certainly not a neocon, and I think you're the one with blinders on. http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Lea...s=MTTIMIZ1&f=M

Interesting how our imports of oil from Iraq didn't really increase after the occupation. In fact, it's declined. All the conspiracy theorists who claim we traded blood for oil: where is that oil? Certainly not in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Social media "friends" are not really friends though, are they?
    Mine are. I mean I have an expanded network of people I see, but generally speaking I only "friend" people who are actual close friends. That, and family.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't unfriended anyone, but I have unfollowed them. Those people who post things they read on the internet that anyone with common sense would know wasn't true.

Maybe. I don't give a shit though.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Social media "friends" are not really friends though, are they?
    I actually only ever accept invites from people I actually know and consider my friends, though. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part my social media friends are actually my friends.

No, because I'm never on Facebook. <.<
    And IRL, most of my family and friends are all on the same page when it comes to politics and values.
    I did however cut contact (in person, not via Facebook) with a former friend who bought into the Cesar Millan-craze. She became fanatical, wrecked her relationship with her dog and couldn't accept that others (me) didn't "see the light".

Last thing I heard, she no longer has dogs, the one she had was returned to the breeder.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think i trust anyone enough to have any true friends. just people who claim to be my friends and family. they all eventually betray me or turn their backs on me. it always happens.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Nope, never gets that bad.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i don't think i trust anyone enough to have any true friends. just people who claim to be my friends and family. they all eventually betray me or turn their backs on me. it always happens.
    Keep searching.

The only person you can rely on is yourself.

Perhaps you are searching for guidance.

If that's the case, seek out Tyler Durden, or Walter White.

I told you before that you have potential. Keep dreaming!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I have unfriended people not because of politics directly, but rather for repeating lies told by politicians and repetitively saying it who then insulted me because I corrected him with evidence. I had one former friend I unfriended by telling him that his politics were too much ... he then messaged me to call me all sort of insults saying this was why I had no friends in high school.

I was unfriended by an old high school teacher because I refused to join him and others in mob justice censorship of Rush Limbaugh ... my stance was I can't support it because I don't support any form of censorship. I support his right to believe and say what he wants, even though I think he is a raving lunatic.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I was at a bar and ended up talking to quite an attractive young brunette. Bought her a few drinks and things were going well. Then out of the blue she says "Boy Im glad we are finally going to have the first women President of the US."

I put my beer on the bar, told her "Have Hillary pay for that," and walked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

I've not unfriended but have blocked people who spam pro-Sanders memes nonstop. I don't care who people are voting for, but I don't want to see that. I don't really discuss politics with people enough to warrant being blocked for my views.

No one's de-friended me, but I have defriended people over politcal propaganda spamming and ranting on social media. I don't care if it's in agreement with my views or in opposition to... I don't want to listen to/ see you spamming it all day every day just because you think you have a platform for people to listen to you. Nobody wants to see/ listen to that bullshit, and I will certainly not take part in whatever echo chamber you're creating by doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Basically this. Once a week or so is fine. Multiple times per day and you're gone, even if you're family. Got no time for stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I remove people from Facebook that do it too frequently. I'm on FB to get event invites, and see what's going on in my friend's lives. I'm not on Facebook to read constant political rants or look at shared images from some political page.
    pretty much - though I tend to block rather then defriend people, and that usually after blocking specific pages being linked doesn't seem to work. I have no problem with difference of option, but for my own peace of mind, there is only so much of it that I'm willing to tolerate.

No, I don't think so at least. I usually can't be bothered discussing politics with people that I don't know well enough to know that they wouldn't unfriend me over a disagreement.

Out of my 57 Facebook friends, I have maybe 2 or 3 who post about politics. I find some of the articles they link ridiculous, but they don't post about it every day, or maybe not even every week, so I leave them be. I think I would get annoyed quite fast if a friend posted something about politics every single day - there are other things in life too.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I won't have diddlysht to do with blatant racists, out right homophobes, warmongers, etc.
    QFT.

And yes, I've been banned and ridiculed by folks whom I would never accuse of having such views or behaving that way - political upheavals certainly have a way of bringing out the worst from people.

I'm very liberal and open to everything - which apparently some dudes have sleepless nights over. I swear, for each loving and empathetic comment you make nowadays, you get bashed by 5 conservatives spouting their hate on you.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pretty much - though I tend to block rather then defriend people, and that usually after blocking specific pages being linked doesn't seem to work. I have no problem with difference of option, but for my own peace of mind, there is only so much of it that I'm willing to tolerate.
    True. If they're a close enough real life friend, I'll just have Facebook hide their posts from my feed. If they're someone I went to college with and haven't seen since I left or something, I'd probably just unfriend them at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I don't talk politics on my private Facebook account out of curtesy to my friends and family. I did block someone's feed from appearing in mine, but had a lot less to do with politics, as it did with flooding my feed. I check Facebook like once a month or so...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi