Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like it, looks like they taken bits from the 1995 movie and first season stand alone complex. The suit in the first scene looks cool, i can live without the nipple shape. At least shes naked when being built, DUH. Love Batou. This and Blade Runner next year. Member the 90s, member Cyberpunk, yeah i member! I hope the trend also comes back to video game with cyberpunk 2077.

Her standing behind a pillar thats getting shred by heavy machine gun, sounds like a tank scene Inc.

PS:There is a video of the Movie Shelling scene online floating. It was at an event in Japan, its shown with a remix played like by the original maker of the music in the 1995 movie. I actually love it. Sadly no nipples, but its well done enough and apparently she simply has no nipples period along with her having no vagina like before. It make sense so im not mad.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-13 at 02:41 PM.

Looks pretty neat. Makes me want to push Stand Alone Complex higher up my PTW list.

I really enjoyed the cover of "enjoy the silence" that was in this trailer.

The trailer looks interesting, I won't know if I will like this movie til I see it though.

I like it too. The best part is some people saying its not a GitS music.... i guess they did not realize the Depeche Mode version in Innocence.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-13 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I like it too. The best part is some people saying its not a GitS music.... i guess they did not realize the Depeche Mode version in Innocence.
    Really? I watched Innocence once before, but I don't remember hearing it. Can you link a specific scene that contains it?

Deleted
    I would have preferred a less utterly overpicked actress for what is essentially a role so close to her other recent work, nothing bad about Scarlet personally but I enjoy finding new actors and actresses to like.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Really? I watched Innocence once before, but I don't remember hearing it. Can you link a specific scene that contains it?
    I dont even remember which scene actually. I dont have a physical copy, innocence is kind of in a movie limbo. I do have an old CD sound track from it lol, it has that song on it.

the more I see of this movie, the more I'm getting "The watchmen" vibe. some of the casting is spot on, other is... not great, and while there's obvious effort to recreate it scene for scene - the core of it is just... missing. it feels soulless. and quite a few people would probably love it anyways, because of all the superficial closeness thanks to shot for shot recreated scenes. meh.

Deleted
    I don't think anything they could do would make me happy.

Probably won't watch the film as my brain would rip it to shreds and not be able to be even slightly objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    the more I see of this movie, the more I'm getting "The watchmen" vibe. some of the casting is spot on, other is... not great, and while there's obvious effort to recreate it scene for scene - the core of it is just... missing. it feels soulless. and quite a few people would probably love it anyways, because of all the superficial closeness thanks to shot for shot recreated scenes. meh.
    Did you watch the same animated movie i did in the 90s? It was pretty soulless lol. I think some people here are only fans of SOME of the ghost in the shell stuff, clearly not all of it. If you are a fan of the original manga only for example, anything on TV so far is NOTHING like the manga. The manga pass more time explaining technology and shit than having an actual story and Mokoto is pretty much a comedic character.

Then the 1995 movie was pretty close to this trailer. Mokoto is kinda soulless and turmoiled by the fact she realize she might not even be real. The story is meh overall. Its everything else that does this movie.

Innocent has a better made story, but somehow i like it less than the original. It still gives a soulless vibe.

Stand alone complex is different then all of them too. Mokoto seems a bit more human again. There is an overall story arc, with many stand alone episodes across. Its kind of a blend of the movies and the manga, as it affords a bit of humor on the side unlike the movies.

My guess is because its a movie, they decided to pick a little bit of everything that they tho fit. Like some of the original movie scenes that are classic: The shelling scene, the water camo scene, her falling down the building. But they already stated that its an original story in its own universe. Kinda like All the GitS did before it. Same reason they went for the suit, shes technically not naked in the original film, but her nipples have a shape since its skin tight. They simply made her have no nipples, i tho id be upset but i seen the shelling scene and her naked design is actually nice and logical. She has no genitalia, she does not need nipples to look like a women in clothing.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-13 at 04:36 PM.

hard to believe that we see tits on this movie like there was on anime

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Did you watch the same animated movie i did in the 90s? It was pretty soulless lol. I think some people here are only fans of SOME of the ghost in the shell stuff, clearly not all of it. If you are a fan of the original manga only for example, anything on TV so far is NOTHING like the manga. The manga pass more time explaining technology and shit than having an actual story and Mokoto is pretty much a comedic character.

Then the 1995 movie was pretty close to this trailer. Mokoto is kinda soulless and turmoiled by the fact she realize she might not even be real. The story is meh overall. Its everything else that does this movie.

Innocent has a better made story, but somehow i like it less than the original. It still gives a soulless vibe.

Stand alone complex is different then all of them too. Mokoto seems a bit more human again. There is an overall story arc, with many stand alone episodes across. Its kind of a blend of the movies and the manga, as it affords a bit of humor on the side unlike the movies.

My guess is because its a movie, they decided to pick a little bit of everything that they tho fit. Like some of the original movie scenes that are classic: The shelling scene, the water camo scene, her falling down the building. But they already stated that its an original story in its own universe. Kinda like All the GitS did before it. Same reason they went for the suit, shes technically not naked in the original film, but her nipples have a shape since its skin tight. They simply made her have no nipples, i tho id be upset but i seen the shelling scene and her naked design is actually nice and logical. She has no genitalia, she does not need nipples to look like a women in clothing.
    you and I may have a different definition of soulless. and yes I have watched original 1995 movie, as well as Innocence and every episode of stand alone complex you can find on Hulu. so far, everything I'm seeing from this movie is... off. it looks faithfully replicated, shot for shot and its still missing something, and honestly? if I wanted to watch shot for shot Ghost in a shell? I'd just watch an original. also, unless something has changed, they are apparently going with laughing man story? how... in a world do you fit that story into 2 hours some of which is taking up trying to live action replicate 1995 animated movie? you can't, not without completely gutting it of depth. I'd rather they HAVE gone for a completely original story instead of trying to pad the movie with scene remakes

but hey, like I said, I'm sure a lot of people will love it. for me one of the issues with Scarlet as Motoko, is that Motoko (who wasn't soulless, but rather questioned what it mean to have a Soul and how much organic parts if at all are even required) always had this air of.. feint sadness about her, while Scarlet just looks flat and bored. but maybe that's just me.

and its absolutely not about the nipples or some other superficial bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    they are apparently going with laughing man story? .
    They specifically said they are not doing any of the main story line. Its an original story centered around Mokoto understanding of her own ghost. No puppet master, no laughing man.

I am a very big fan of GITS, its not the color of actor that will stop me from hating this film(they even got beat Takeshi). It would be the removal of the philosophical themes and ideas and just turn it in to a dumb PG-13 action flick. That is more important than Motokos race. Also the ironic thing is as she is a cyborg she can change bodys at will, tis proven in all canons that her Ghost can be inside anything hence the name ghost in the shell(the shell being her cyborg body).

10+ Year Old Account

This is what it should sound like
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I'll admit it doesn't look nearly as bad visually as i expected it to.
    But as usual, Johansson ruins everything she is in, fucking garbage meme actor that only get cast because she have big tits and starred in Avengers.
    There's atleast a tenfold of better actors they could have picked, she doesn't fit.
    Yeah not going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

This is what it should sound like
    No no, you see we gotta have some edgy shit remix of an actual good song to resonate with the kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow Batou looks terrible.

Well, they clearly put a ton of money into this. If anything, I hope it does well and gets people to check out other parts of the franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not see this the same reason I didn't see Ghostbuster (2016), it didn't need to be remade...

And dont get me started of the murdering of a good Depeche Mode song, talk about purposely putting me off lol.

STOP THESE BLASTED REMAKES!!!!!
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-11-13 at 05:43 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    But as usual, Johansson ruins everything she is in, fucking garbage meme actor that only get cast because she have big tits and starred in Avengers.
    Seriously, most of her things outside of Avengers is waaaaaaay better than her Avengers shit.

Not counting Lucy, that has to be the most stupid movie in a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Seriously, most of her things outside of Avengers is waaaaaaay better than her Avengers shit.

Not counting Lucy, that has to be the most stupid movie in a century.
    Avenger and Lucy is pretty much her low points, im not sure people hating her so much even watched anything else lol. I mean its pretty obvious she got this role because of Under the skin. Not because of her role in avenger.