Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Creator of the Series/Show literally said he couldn't imagine anyone better to suit the look of Motoko than Scarlet Johansson.

Anyone that wants to argue the point can suck a major Dick. If the Creator says it's who he wanted no one else even has ground to stand on.

Casting was fine tbh. The plot was "Robocob" with making a mess out of Puppetmaster+Kuze. The lack of character/philosophical development (Section 9 cardboard characters) plus short runtime were the worst offenders imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The Creator of the Series/Show literally said he couldn't imagine anyone better to suit the look of Motoko than Scarlet Johansson.

Anyone that wants to argue the point can suck a major Dick. If the Creator says it's who he wanted no one else even has ground to stand on.
    Agreed. It just drives me insane how stupid people are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Casting was fine tbh. The plot was "Robocob" with making a mess out of Puppetmaster+Kuze. The lack of character/philosophical development (Section 9 cardboard characters) plus short runtime were the worst offenders imo.
    Guess I won't be seeing it then, some things just don't need to be made into real movies. COUGH Dragonball

Deleted
    Problem with GitS wasn't the casting. Problem with Iron Fist wasn't the casting.

The story was shit. You can replace actors or get the best actor in the business. A shit story is a shit story regardless.

We have seen top tier actors cast in bad movies/TV shows that have no plot development and the dialogue is lifeless - and guess what - those movies were shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Citation needed? The only opinion I've heard from anyone involved is Mamoru Oshii, who is the guy that directed the first anime movie, not the "Creator of the Series/Show." He said he didn't have an issue with the Major being caucasian and that he though Scarlet Johansson was the "best possible choice" in the context of a Hollywood adaptation which is not the same as "he couldn't imagine anyone better to suit the look of Motoko."

Deleted
    She was waaaay too "soft" looking pick for this role and I totally understand the nerd rage. Tomorrow going to see this and most definitely going to make everything in my mind to not let that disturb me. So many years waiting for this epic cartoon to come.

Deleted
    Hands down this was pure heaven and I take back what I had to say about the actress. She was perfect.

No need for rage about the white wash, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Any role played by Scarlett Johansson is an improvement over the source material.
    I'm sayin...

i think the movie wasn't terrible overall... it just fell flat to expectations
    visually stunning, that is for sure.. totally got the dirty yet vibrant atmosphere as seen in the 95 original

i wasn't really convinced by the character representation, except batou, who i think was pretty cool (although his accent shifted midway thru movie? lol)
    Last edited by Linri; 2017-04-18 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A video about Japanese reviews, and most of em seem to be positive, also no one really cares about the Major been white...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    A video about Japanese reviews, and most of em seem to be positive, also no one really cares about the Major been white...
    White Western people cared.

For no reason whatsoever.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure I will go watch this again in the theaters.