Poll: What would you think of Brew Master Monks working like Chen in Legion

7+ Year Old Account

What if BrewMaster Played more like Chen from HoTs in Legion?

I posted this on the official forums, but I'm curious to know what people would think of a revision such as this to the current alpha version of brew masters. Would it be more fun? Less Fun? Too strong? Too weak?

Abilities remain with some additions and alterations

Main change: Brew charges removed, Brew resource bar added. Certain abilities consume brew. Brew is now generated through the ability “chug” (can’t use fortifying brew name since it is used as a baseline cooldown)

Primary Abilities and Suggested changes

Chug: 5 second channeled spell, drink from keg and restore brew (20% brew per second). While channeling you receive AP% damage shield. If the full channel is used the shield lasts for 3 seconds after casting.

Black out strike: remains unchanged. The single target filler spell

Stumble: stumble in position swinging your staff in an area around you causing light damage to enemies nearby. No resource cost. On Demand AoE filler ability.

Purifying Brew: Unchanged, however now consume Brew. (say 50% subject to change)

Iron Skin Brew: Unchanged. however now consume Brew. (Say 30% subject to change)

Breath of Fire: Unchanged in function. Spends Brew but due to artifact traits causes % reduction and AoE damage without taking the short duration root penalty that Stumble would cause. (20% brew cost)

Clash: Returns to the game. Those that do not know, it brings the target and the monk closer together was an interesting ability.

Keg Smash: Unchanged. However, I'd like for it to interact with brew resource in some way, either reduces the cooldown of Chug, or increases the shield provided by chug. Still figuring this one out.

Stagger: Follows the Alpha model.

The gameplay I had in mind is having the brew master depend on Brew for their active mitigation which seems to be the new direction anyway. The Legion alpha spec seems to lack on demand AoE without specing into Rushing Jade Wind, so I figured the addition of Stumble would help solve this while not making the talent obsolete as it does cause a short duration root. Which also adds incentive to use Breath of Fire for AoE situations that call for movement.

Chug Would also allow for some interesting talent revisions and interactions. A talent row could be added that changes the function of how this one would work similar to HoTs. Where it could shield nearby allies, restore Brew Faster or be used while moving. The AP shield should be very small but still make the brewmaster feel like there is benefit other than resource regain to drinking. Having it scale off of AP also allows it to benefit from Mastery and helps add some of the "Guard" gameplay that many old monks enjoyed.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2016-04-20 at 04:33 PM.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

I would support this solely so that I could create a "Brewmaster Tanking: Yeah, it's pretty much like that" meme with this image.

PVP Talent: Spilt Brew, while chugging you sometimes spill your brew causing enemies who try to move around you to sometimes fall over.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted a Brewmaster Monk talent/glyph that turns them into a barrel (one of Chen's R choices) of some sort.
    Maybe make Chi Torpedo into "Barrel Roll" for Brewmaster only, giving the same speed boost but you turn into a barrel which either slows or pushes enemies back slightly when you roll through them. I don't think this would be too OP, and it'd fit the theme much more in my opinion.
    im cool pls respodn