Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Maybe because there were more influential women in history? Gee ever think about that? Fucking SJW thinking they know everything.
    This is the shittiest bait. I can't believe people fall for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Hopefully president trump puts a stop to this nonsense.
    He won't. Because nobody will have to.

The $20 bill isn't due for a redesign until around 2030.

Andrew Jackson might come off. But Harriet Tubman being put on? Zero chance. The next two or three Presidents will want to make their mark on that. The Age of Obama is quickly drawing to a close and he won't get another legacy in the face of money (not that he has much of a legacy anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He won't. Because nobody will have to.

The $20 bill isn't due for a redesign until around 2030.

Andrew Jackson might come off. But Harriet Tubman being put on? Zero chance. The next two or three Presidents will want to make their mark on that. The Age of Obama is quickly drawing to a close and he won't get another legacy in the face of money (not that he has much of a legacy anyway).
    Lew said the final concept designs of new $20, $10 and $5 bills are scheduled to be completed and unveiled by 2020, the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Lew did not give a more specific timetable of when the bills would be released into circulation, saying only that he had directed the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to “work as quickly as possible” while making sure to meet security requirements for the bills that are the “first and foremost responsibility.”

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Lew said the final concept designs of new $20, $10 and $5 bills are scheduled to be completed and unveiled by 2020, the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Lew did not give a more specific timetable of when the bills would be released into circulation, saying only that he had directed the Bureau of Engraving and Printing to “work as quickly as possible” while making sure to meet security requirements for the bills that are the “first and foremost responsibility.”
    I wouldn't read too much into those dates. Why? Recognize this?

It was delayed for years. The Treasury wanted to integrate new anti-counterfitting technology, like every other bill. Except they ended up designing a bill that was for a time, exceedingly difficult to actually produce. So much so they had to liquidate $3 billion in defectively produced bills. Introduction fell 5 years behind schedule and only happened in late 2013.

The Treasury will probably want to prototype the above $100 bill's successor "tech" in the $20, the next most circulated bill, just as they did the last $10 and $5 redesign:

A finalized design in 2020 means nothing if printing doesn't start until 2027 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Maybe because there were more influential women in history? Gee ever think about that? Fucking SJW thinking they know everything.
    Lucretia Mott did more for slaves than Harriet Tubman ever did.

Among other things, she organized a network of charities that funded housing for freed and runaway slaves, the production and transportation for abolitionist information (books pamphlets), the purchase of slaves when possible for the purpose of freeing them, and organized or attended as representative women's anti-slavery forums and conventions all during a time where the women's function was considered to be little more than attendant of the home.

She did all this as an old and frail women suffering from a painful intestinal disease all while being that target of harassment in her community.

Harriet Tubman was one of many who simply walked others along a path that people like Lucretia Mott actually created and maintained.

If not for the intentional modern era inflation and embellishment of her deeds we'd never know Tubman's name.

So lets be true to the cause that this change is standing on and put Lucretia Mott on the $20 instead.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Lucretia Mott did more for slaves than Harriet Tubman ever did.

Among other things, she organized a network of charities that funded housing for freed and runaway slaves, the production and transportation for abolitionist information (books pamphlets), the purchase of slaves when possible for the purpose of freeing them, and organized or attended as representative women's anti-slavery forums and conventions all during a time where the women's function was considered to be little more than attendant of the home.

She did all this as an old and frail women suffering from a painful intestinal disease all while being that target of harassment in her community.

Harriet Tubman was one of many who simply walked others along a path that people like Lucretia Mott actually created and maintained.

If not for the intentional modern era inflation and embellishment of her deeds we'd never know Tubman's name.

So lets be true to the cause that this change is standing on and put Lucretia Mott on the $20 instead.
    Mott is already going to be on the back of the $10 bill.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...0-bill-n559476

I wouldn't mind a commemorative bill for one year only (sure I will still complain a little), not permanently though. I think it would do race relations a lot of good if blacks weren't reminded of slavery every time they buy something with a 20 dollar bill.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-21 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Mott is already going to be on the back of the $10 bill.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...0-bill-n559476
    And I'm saying she deserves the face of a bill and Tubman can go back to the annals of revisionist history.

The goal is to highlight women and their contribution to various movements.

Tubman is a footnote at best, inflated intentionally.

Mott is the real deal.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I'm pretty sure they timed this announcement to coincide with hillarys 1st woman president theme. The day after sealing out Bernie sanders, we hear about harriet tubman.

I think C'thulu should be on the $20 bill instead.

I figured it out, this story was introduced because Obama arrived in Saudi arabia today and the 9/11 secret papers are being used to twist Saudi Arabia's arm in an election year. What Obama wants or is trying to ensure stays hidden is anyones guess. My guess is that it could be isis related.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-21 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

Once again common-core proves it's "value". I'll save some of that salt for you. I expect you'll need it in June Genn. =)
    What? Do you even make sense?

This isn't about putting Tubman on the $20.00. It's fishing for a fight to get the black vote out, to "protect it" while trying to fan the flames of racial unrest in the meanwhile.

The Democrats will do anything to retain power. All hopes what I'm hearing from the FBI comes to pass.

Be hillary-ious if the Democrat's frontrunner comes all this way, only to be indicted and forced out by Federal Law
    Because what the fuck? Once again common-core proves it's value. I'll save some of that salt for you. I expect you'll need it in June, Penguin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    *heads to cashier with a Hustler in hand*

That'll be $4

Oh alls I've got is this twenty

*Disapproving Tubman glare*

Oh . . . um . . . I'll just put the magazine back . . .
    Yup, that is exactly what will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out, this story was introduced because Obama arrived in Saudi arabia today and the 9/11 secret papers are being used to twist Saudi Arabia's arm in an election year. What Obama wants or is trying to ensure stays hidden is anyones guess. My guess is that it could be isis related.
    /popcorn
    Much conspiracy, so edge.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-04-21 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Explain why tradition is a good thing. It sounds like a shortcut to thinking.

But if you insist on it, why not go back to the tradition of celebrating the Battle of New Orleans on Jan 8th? One of Jackson's biggest triumphs used to be a cause of celebration yet instead he's honored on currency even though he hated central banking and caused a horrible recession at the end of his presidency.

But you have no genuine counter-argument for replacing Jackson with Tubman besides attempting to demonize people who have different views of social justice.
    The point is that social justice shouldn't even be a thing. You dont promote someone or give them an award just because of what color or gender they are. You do it because the earned it, and Tubman didnt earn being on money as she was a criminal at the time and even if helping slaves escape was a good thing, many other people did a better job of it. The ONLY reason they want her on is because she is a woman and black.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I see the usual suspects are upset and claiming foul because woman of color is being honored. Nice. Keep being classless.
    There are many other African American that deserve to be on a bill over her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Oh, Jackson is definitely important. But there's just some kind of special irony in denouncing genocide whilst honoring a genocidal president by putting his face on our currency.

And before people start with the 'but that's whitewashing history' line, consider this: when's the last time anyone looked at a $10 and gained knowledge of Alexander Hamilton or that era? Never. Because education doesn't happen by staring at a $10 bill.
    Changing money leads to confusion. most living people today know that when you look at a $10 bill, you recognize Hamilton's picture, and when you see a $20 you recognize Jackson's face. Theyve been the same since before most living people were born. You change the picture and people will be confused, or think its fake. Its bad enough they supsersized the portraits. Why cant we just leave shit alone and honor tradition

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    She is already encouraging you to save
    Damn, this reaction is spot on.

Also wonder how long people will still use paper money. At least in Europe they are already working towards a completely digital money system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Damn, this reaction is spot on.

Also wonder how long people will still use paper money. At least in Europe they are already working towards a completely digital money system.
    digital currency pinned to paper currency OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay lets waste more money printing...you guessed it....MORE MONEY!

Can we not put ..anyone on money?
    Just put ...numbers and designs on them...or if you need something to look at a native animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Yay lets waste more money printing...you guessed it....MORE MONEY!
    You do realize that money needs to constantly get printed because bills are destroyed/taken out of circulation, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Changing money leads to confusion. most living people today know that when you look at a $10 bill, you recognize Hamilton's picture, and when you see a $20 you recognize Jackson's face. Theyve been the same since before most living people were born. You change the picture and people will be confused, or think its fake. Its bad enough they supsersized the portraits. Why cant we just leave shit alone and honor tradition
    I don't know about you, but I look at the number . . .

- - - Updated - - -

You're weird.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Once Trump is in office, he can replace Lew the SJW with someone decent and rescind the order to change our money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You do realize that money needs to constantly get printed because bills are destroyed/taken out of circulation, right?
    Yes but we dont need to pay some guy $10 million to engrave a new design plate every time we need more bills. But we DO have to when we change the design of the bill. Its an unnecessary waste of money when there is nothing wrong with the current design

Personally...I would've preferred MLK. I don't carry much cash anyways, but whatever it is what it is.