Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will LFR be redundant?

With mythic/heroic/normal level gear coming from professions, world quests, mythic+ and pvp will LFR in terms of rewards not be redundant? I don't have data on what motivates players to do LFR, but I surely doubt it's for the multiplayer experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    With mythic/heroic/normal level gear coming from professions, world quests, mythic+ and pvp will LFR in terms of rewards not be redundant? I don't have data on what motivates players to do LFR, but I surely doubt it's for the multiplayer experience.
    Lfr should never have been part of the gearing up process in its current form anyway. It's a sightseeing tour for non raiders. And that's fine the way it is

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFR not being relevant for gearing is more than fine. People should want to do it for the sake of seeing the raids, getting achievements and transmogs. Zerging raid bosses in an overly easy mode does not warrant tier-relevant gear imo.

LFR is a tourist mode, you're there to see the story, not to gear up or anything. In Legion it'll become the truest tourist mode ever You see the story once or twice and if you dun raid, you can go and farm you gear elsewhere.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-20 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    I feel like they could do a better job telling the story of the raid in a sort of single player scenario with characters and a better narrative, LFR isn't the best example of story telling, especially with the players there making the experience a lot worse :P

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    LFR not being relevant for gearing is more than fine. People should want to do it for the sake of seeing the raids, getting achievements and transmogs. Zerging raid bosses in an overly easy mode does not warrant tier-relevant gear imo.
    What transmogs? Lol they removed all tier sets from it and replaced it with shitty looking recolors of quest gear.

If it doesn't give gear upgrades, there's zero reason to do LFR anymore. If I wanna see the raid, I'll go watch it on fucking YouTube.

No, it won't be redundant. It'll be an extra option for those who want to do it. And choice is good, no?

Hmm, I don't do LFR for the gear. When I do it (and I only go a few times, then it gets boring), I do it because I want to see the story, the bosses, a bit about their mechanics and to treat it as a more interesting target dummy to practice with (new) rotations and/or classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    No, it won't be redundant. It'll be an extra option for those who want to do it. And choice is good, no?
    Choice is usually good, but in this case I am not so sure as I feel the experience itself needs tweaking or the system as a whole. At the moment its a quick experience with a long queue timer usually filled with either salty confrontations or no social interaction at all, and doing a poor job in telling the narrative. If anything I think it would be better for them to focus less on making it an easy mode of a raid and more on telling the narrative.

I feel like they could do a better job telling the story of the raid in a sort of single player scenario with characters and a better narrative, LFR isn't the best example of story telling, especially with the players there making the experience a lot worse :P
    I'm a proponent of that, but maybe with tech that allows for up to a 5man group queueing together. Not random queue, so either you queue alone and you're placed in a single player scenario, or you queue with a couple of friends (up to a say total of 5) and the scenario gets adjusted (npc-wise) to account for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    LFR is already irrelevant/redundant.
    I agree with this, but there is a population of players who simply won't think of doing anything else. Hit the queue button, enter instance, collect loot.

Choice is usually good, but in this case I am not so sure as I feel the experience itself needs tweaking or the system as a whole. At the moment its a quick experience with a long queue timer usually filled with either salty confrontations or no social interaction at all, and doing a poor job in telling the narrative. If anything I think it would be better for them to focus less on making it an easy mode of a raid and more on telling the narrative.
    So you want to make it an even easier mode of the raid? How else do you plan to change the focus to 'more on telling the narrative'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I'm a proponent of that, but maybe with tech that allows for up to a 5man group queueing together. Not random queue, so either you queue alone and you're placed in a single player scenario, or you queue with a couple of friends (up to a say total of 5) and the scenario gets adjusted (npc-wise) to account for that.
    Perhaps someone could come up with an idea of how this could work. How the narrative could be told with NPCs without like making it seem odd that the raid is also done with just heroes from azeroth. Maybe LFR is like a scouting mission where you go through a scenario finding the bosses and investigating the raid etc to see the environments, and then premade groups actually go in and kill the bosses?

Maybe LFR is like a scouting mission where you go through a scenario finding the bosses and investigating the raid etc to see the environments, and then premade groups actually go in and kill the bosses?
    Why would you need a premade group? Why not have the option of doing the LFR single-player 'scouting scenario' (that'll never happen btw) and then LFR for the raid if you want to go further? Listen, don't dance around, if you want to say 'remove LFR!' just be done with it and save us all some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Why would you need a premade group? Why not have the option of doing the LFR single-player 'scouting scenario' (that'll never happen btw) and then LFR for the raid if you want to go further? Listen, don't dance around, if you want to say 'remove LFR!' just be done with it and save us all some time.
    That's not what I was alluding to. Keep both for all I care then^^

LFR exists to justify the amount of resources Blizzard spends on raid content, so that any and everyone has an opportunity to experience it regardless of skill level, guild status, ect. I dont see it ever going anywhere, even if the gear is redundant ---though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if LFR gear also has a small chance of boosting all the way up to mythic ilvl.

LFR has always been redundant once they matched it to the players it serves.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    LFR exists to justify the amount of resources Blizzard spends on raid content, so that any and everyone has an opportunity to experience it regardless of skill level, guild status, ect. I dont see it ever going anywhere, even if the gear is redundant ---though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if LFR gear also has a small chance of boosting all the way up to mythic ilvl.
    No chance

Rewards should be scaled according to effort, not a random chance in something to can complete while AFK.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I really hope so.

Would be very happy to stay subbed if there is a good world quest progression with gear/mounts/titles etc

Would imagine so would hundreds of thousands of other players