Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Several times. I had to knock some idiot out in middle school and a different idiot out in high school. I've been in bar fights and I've also been jumped three-to-one where I got hospitalized.

I'm nearly 28 years old, and outside of the karate classes I used to take when I was younger... nope :P Kid I was sparring with nailed me pretty good in the face, so I got him back... if that counts. But we were wearing sparring mitts, and headgear/mouth pieces.

Caught a thief in my car in the process of stealing my car stereo. When he tried to run away I slammed the door shut on him and slugged him in the head a few times while he was pinned. So yeah, but I doubt I did much damage, I was pretty much flailing away on adrenaline alone without any skill.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Yes, many times. I wouldn't know how many...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

For self-defense? Yes
    For defending another person? Yes
    Tournament fighting? Yes
    Training? Yes

What was the point of this thread?

*I went back and read the point. No, for me there was no such thing as rage when punching someone.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I have.

And I've run the same person's face into a chain link fence.

Good times...
    Hahahahahahaha, that's great. I've never been in a fight where I could have done that. Worst I ever did was get into a fight in school and slam a kids head into one of those old time stainless steel doorknobs classroom doors used to and might still have for all I know. Doubled him over with a gut punch and said why not? Grab and slam, full week of suspension for that bit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Just for the sake of knowing the answer. Does punching someone when you're in rage make you feel better?
    Yes I have many times before and it only feels good when I won because losing might have meant going to a hospital or being dead...

Deleted
    Best punch : Some squaddy cunt after he bottled some fella.
    Worst punch : Accidently wacked my niece on her 18th birthday, I was about town and someone came up behind me and full on slapped me in the side of the head, i turned round swinging, decked her. She takes a punch like a champ, had to talk down about 20 people who just saw me wack her tho, fun. Proper black eye. Soz kid.
    Weirdest punch : was nailing some chick and she was like 'choke me' im like cool whatever. then shes like hit me....im like 'what?' shes like HIT ME..im like how hard? shes like JUST HIT ME. fml.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I save all my frustration for the heavy bag when I get home... it's a good workout too.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I punched my brother once.

I was playing a video game and he jumped on my back trying to wrestle. So I punched him in the fact. My brother is 9 years older than I am and when this took place, it was probably when I was 22 so about 9 years ago.

Yes, but I've never been in a proper fight.

First one was when I was ~8 and playing Super Mario 3 in my brother's bedroom while he was making fun of me being bad and generally heckling me, and he was in the perfect position for the classic backhand over the shoulder, I clocked him in the nose and it bled pretty bad but I felt awful afterwards.

Only other time I've punched someone was at school, this guy was getting all in my face for some reason or another (he thought I said something about him behind his back or something :\) and I hit him as hard as I could in the chest. He dropped to the ground and grasped for air for a few minutes and then never bothered me again. Felt pretty good for that one.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    No and I don't recommend it. Skulls are hard, fists are soft in comparison. And then that person fights back and you get to feel the joy of punches to your face. Fun fun

I never felt satisfied after a fight, even if I "won". I just felt like I let my anger get the best of me and I feel like a giant asshole making a huge scene
    Pretty much this.

Almost immediately i get the impression from this thread that the OP is standing on some moral high ground with his edition of Shakespeare's Hamlet and a cheap plastic replica of Excalibur. But never the less I'll attempt to do something that i rarely ever do and that is be honest.

Punching someone has never ever felt gratifying to me because i am the type of person that punches so hard that i end up buckling my fist, spraining my wrist and bruising all my fingers. It is clearly evident from my entire appearance that i was never designed for fighting. That does not mean that i am some sort of skrony wimp on the contrary, but my body is no designed for strength in that way. I am naturally fast, agile and athletic. In the absence of physical strength i have a very sharp and critical eye, capable of finding a persons weakness and exploiting it in words.
    This ability is not something to praise and has lead me, especially in my youth to several fights, that i had never intended to get in. I was naturally just a troll and i don't mean some sort of online bully who picks on defenceless, self conscious, social rejects. I just always enjoyed a good laugh and didn't really understand the difference between banter and abuse.
    The great thing about life is that if you don't learn from your mistakes you will always have enough time in the future to make even bigger ones. I didn't learn these things because i was the type of kid that lived in the moment.

So where am i going with all of this?

School is the greatest battlefield anyone here will ever engage in. Because we are children when we enter it no matter what, be you bully or victim or both it will have profound changes on you as a person. I never had a taste for violence but i played both roles of hero and villain and fighting is as natural as sex or eating in male bonding/growing up. All them yuppie type PC loving idiots have no idea that we are not some species that is without its animal instincts. Fighting is natural just as bullying is. There will always be causalities, not just those involved but the parents and friends. And as disgusting as we may like to think of it, its necessary. (i am skimming over human psychology here because i couldn't be bothered explaining it in detail)
    School teaches people how to conform. These days everyone claims to be 'unique' like that is something that you should be proud of, yet the truth is that being unique in human society is a crime. Almost literally speaking. In the animal kingdom, it is the freak who advances. Evolution is always something new, different, a mutation or a defect.
    In human society being unique is something we condemn. Whether or not you agree with this point it is still the truth. Children show pure humanity, there is no forced thinking, they just act and do, what is closest to the primal directive of human nature. When a child is picked on for whatever reason it is because that child cannot blend in with the group/clan/society. Bullies are just enforcers of nature but because we humans live in a world where the weak are protected we condemn the work of these people. (i do not support bullying, i just don't emotionally attach sentiment to the natural order of life)
    I could go even deeper here and talk about murderers but for the sake of this discussion i wont bother going as deep.

I am positive that at this point anyone actually reading me has no idea where i am going with this and why i have just jumped from explaining myself to this. My point is on the horizon.

We demonize violence in society, when it is not ordered or regulated by that society. Bullying in the playground is unacceptable but bullying people out of their homes is. Punching someone is wrong but killing someone who doesn't share your same beliefs is. Fighting is wrong but being paid as a contract killer for your country is. Hypocrisy.

The reason i got into fights growing up was because i was unique and i didn't understand that, that is a bad thing. At least while you are a kid and need to blend in to society. There is a hierarchy in every school every year and it will never be replaced, not ever. Bullies, prey on weakness, like a lion seeks out a the sickly in a herd. The only way to defeat that is to learn how to be apart of the group. The kids who suffer, do so because they are different. If they kill themselves then that is just natural selection culling the weak from society. However disgusting it may seem. If that person survives the ordeal then they will have learned several lessons, although whether they heed them or not is up to them.

Conflict is human nature because we are clan orientated. Humans don't evolve to something else more useful because we have built a system that praises weakness and condemns originality. Even now when we are so extremely PC, we have only shifted from one end of the spectrum to another.

I am not built for fighting but i have fought people. I did it for reputation, popularity and even for the sport of it. As a man it is exciting and all of us, we day dream about violence, no matter the formate. Verbal, Physical, Spiritual, Mental. Social media is great example that shows us these flaws. Everyone thinking they are specially and yet everyone doing what everyone else is doing. We glorify people we agree with and condemn those we dont. My clan against your clan. Our group against your group. My favourite song versus your favourite song and so on. Always competing, always arguing. Even some people will argue this, quote me, break me down and disagree. Human nature.

So aside from having stated this skeleton of human shame, have i ever punched someone?

Yes, i liked it when i was winning and regretted it when i was losing. I have been the victim of bullies and been a bully myself. My forum is with words and i defend it with my body. Do i care if someone gets a smack? No. Its none of my business. Do i condone it, no. But i know i cannot escape the species of animal that i am. We are the worst, most violent and destructive killer in the pyramid. We've done great things but mainly terrible things.

So if i caught the right whiff of arrogance that was emanating from this thread i submit the above, if it was just a legitimate question then i ask in turn, what kind of person asks a forum of 90% males have you ever punched someone?
    The better question would have been, have you ever masturbated into your friends/families/cousins/partners/bosses cereal?

(Apologies for the randomness of this and its typos, i am wired after a 52 hour drawing session and badly in need of sleep. Also i had no intention of researching all of the above... vague... description of human nature but if you want to disprove or disagree with the above just know that you are an idiot and i do not hold that against you.)

Hehe, I've punched a LOT of people:
    -The first ones I really remember was a girl that become my friend. She and some others girls were making fun of me, so I hit them, and ran her head against a bus window a bunch of times. This was kindergarten.
    -I was in fights in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 11th grades a few times.
    -I was kind of a dirty player in Judo, so I'd throw an elbow or fist into harder throws, and hack at legs pretty hard, but people do this kind of stuff all the time.
    -I was in a pretty big brawl in high school football.
    -I got in a pretty serious fight in a rugby match.
    -I did some semi-pro muay thai and sanda matches.
    -While in college I worked in a club as a go-go dancer and security (at different places). There was people punching on occasion.
    -I have an 9 professional fight MMA career (ending with a no-contest injury) as both an atomweight and a strawweight.
    -Related to that above, I've punched and been punched by countless training partners, both notable and weekend warriors.
    -Now I only punch people in hockey sometimes, for fun.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2016-04-21 at 02:37 AM.

it makes me feel fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I punched a few people, but never anyone who didn't deserve it. And yeah it made me feel better. I've never been punched in the face.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

not in a while. one kid in middle school was trying to bully me or something, knocked some stuff out of my locker, punched him in the head a couple times, then walked away. never bugged me again haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    not in a while. one kid in middle school was trying to bully me or something, knocked some stuff out of my locker, punched him in the head a couple times, then walked away. never bugged me again haha.
    And people say violence never solved anything...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Only bone I've ever broken of mine is my right pinky finger from punching a kid in the head.
    It's called a boxers break, it actually means you were punching incorrectly.

Once in middle school, He held my arm back when i was trying to throw during wallball, turned around and punched him in the shoulder and lost my recess for a while. Me and him were fine afterwards though.