Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Well what are we missing from live?
    I really dont need to know exactly how much strength/bonus armor i have on my mage
    Spirit has been removed
    Dodge/parry/block arent relevant on most characters
    Mana has pretty much become static

Honestly? the only thing i think is missing is 'health' which is covered by stamina, and movespeed.

Having all the other stats displayed with equal value is quite misleading and rather clunky
    I believe that some people have gotten so riled up by this change because that panel with all of it's "unnecessary" stats and info was part of a bygone age in the game's life and somewhat still held up a veneer of complexity that this game obviously does not have anymore. Maybe they saw the new changes are went Luke Skywalker on it, screaming Nooooooooo Noooo NOOOOOOOOOO after having heard Darth Blizzard tell them they're playing the equivalent of mobile facebook cowclickers. Or whatever this is:

However i agree. I too feel that having more stats displayed was misleading and clunky, i mean at times i had difficulties reading them (after seeing the sheer number of them) and breathing at the same time, or doing anything else really. This is a welcome change from Blizzard seeing as it removes a very possible health hazard from their game.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I bet if Blizzard removed numbers from tooltips people would still argue "I never cared about damages/numbers"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I bet if Blizzard removed numbers from tooltips people would still argue "I never cared about damages/numbers"
    No, we just don't need to hate everything to feel validation in life. Plenty of things Bliz does that I don't like, the removal of being able to see my strength on my druid doesn't even blip on my radar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh look Ilvl is the biggest and most important on your character sheet. Telling people Ilvl is THE metric to use and the only way to see if someone is competent for content is just plain wrong. Why was Gearscore removed again ? ...
    That's how lfg works according to the players. if you're not 710+ you're not getting into HFC normal.

Deleted
    I think the stats panel is not really the problem, it's just the symptom of the actual problem, which is that the game is oversimplified.

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    I think the stats panel is not really the problem, it's just the symptom of the actual problem, which is that the game is oversimplified.
    No longer being shown a stat that had 0 influence on your character, is a symptom of oversimplification..

Mkay.

So do 'hardcore' games show you how many steps you've taken, when the last time you ate was, what stats a character you made back in 2010 were, and how many ponies can fit inside of a 10x12 barn?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even say anything negative about this game anymore. Oh well, this topic should be renamed to "fuck everyone who disagrees with blizzard" because it has been derailed to such.
    Not here to shit talk Blizzard, and I didn't make this thread for that purpose either. It was purely for collecting ideas to help the new stats panel (like the one I put in the OP), as well as opinions of other people to see if this was worth mentioning as feedback, and to see if people felt the same way.

If you wanna shit talk Blizzard with a negative nonconstructive post that will help absolutely nothing, you're free to go to the nost thread where that's common, otherwise, explain what you think about the stats panel, since that's what this thread is for.

Edit: And of course, people are going to argue with your statement if they find it wrong, that's how discussions work. I don't mind the stats panel being oversimplified, I just want the option to be able to use whichever panel you want, the new one or the old one, that way everyone benefits. There's no reason that this shouldn't be an option.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-24 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not here to shit talk Blizzard, and I didn't make this thread for that purpose either. It was purely for collecting ideas to help the new stats panel (like the one I put in the OP), as well as opinions of other people to see if this was worth mentioning as feedback, and to see if people felt the same way.

If you wanna shit talk Blizzard with a negative nonconstructive post that will help absolutely nothing, you're free to go to the nost thread.
    I like you. You can stay.

I never saw challenge or complexity in seeing stats that were useless to me. So no, in my book, it's not "oversimplified".

- - - Updated - - -

And yet people claim that Classic was the pinnacle of skillcap and complexity in this game.

It doesn't compute...ALSO, I'd love to know just how accomplished the people whining about the game being "simple" really are in-game.

Reality is, every since cataclysm we've not needed EVERY SINGLE STAT on our panels. In Vanilla, TBC; and WOTLK every stat benefited very class. IE Int gave every class a + to spell damage, but double bonus to classes like mages. I remember back in the day seeing some crazy rogue int builds because poison damage scaled with int.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how clean the new interface looks, but I also see why people have an issue with it. A UI toggle like with tooltips (you can pick basic or in-depth tooltips) would be pretty good, imo.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I never saw challenge or complexity in seeing stats that were useless to me. So no, in my book, it's not "oversimplified".

- - - Updated - - -

And yet people claim that Classic was the pinnacle of skillcap and complexity in this game.

It doesn't compute...ALSO, I'd love to know just how accomplished the people whining about the game being "simple" really are in-game.
    Vanilla was the easiest the game ever was, mechanics wise, it was just seen as hard due to DCs, needing 40 people who didn't have the responsibility to stick around for the group to gather, and nonstop lag and bugs. Go ahead and look at the mechanics of the fights back then. If they made a boss like that now it'd be a joke. People forget that back then things were new, shiny and pretty. Just to do a very basic rotation right was considered 'skill' back then, because no one had really done it before.

Deleted
    And yet people claim that Classic was the pinnacle of skillcap and complexity in this game
    It was.

You can be an "unaccomplished" player and still recognize that the game has become oversimplified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    No longer being shown a stat that had 0 influence on your character, is a symptom of oversimplification..

Mkay.

So do 'hardcore' games show you how many steps you've taken, when the last time you ate was, what stats a character you made back in 2010 were, and how many ponies can fit inside of a 10x12 barn?
    Are you telling me that none of the stats that were shown before had any influence on my character? Do you even know what stats were displayed and what they did?

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the entire human race has gotten progressively more stupid over the last 10 years, and thus needs their hand held more and more. Kinda silly.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    It was.
    Yeah, zerging down everything, such skill much WoW

It was.

You can be an "unaccomplished" player and still recognize that the game has become oversimplified.
    ?
    Same way as you can bitch and whine about "lack of challenge" yet never amount to anything and seeking out challenge thus showing you're capable of handling it in the first place, right?

No. To both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yes, it's oversimplified and there was literally no reason to change it. Don't fix shit that's not broken.
    i think it looks nice.. and besided they have an option to display the older one
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    How is is oversimplified?
    Because it only shows you what you need to see?

Deleted
    Same way as you can bitch and whine about "lack of challenge" yet never amount to anything and seeking out challenge, right?

No. To both.
    There is a lack of challenge in WoW. That is just a fact. Just because mythic is challenging doesn't mean there isn't a lack of challenges overall. The game is more than just mythic. If 99.99% of the game is unchallenging then you can't tell people that unless they engage in the 0.01% of the game which requires a tight schedule and a lot of time and dedication, they can't point out the fact that the game as a whole is oversimplified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Yeah, zerging down everything, such skill much WoW
    I have never seen you make any useful and constructive comment. You should refrain from posting for the sake of everyone.
    If you think Vanilla was just "zerging" then 1) you, like most people nowadays, don't even know what zerging means and 2) you have no idea about Vanilla.
    Last edited by mmocc7055f04a8; 2016-04-24 at 08:34 PM.

There is a lack of challenge in WoW. That is just a fact. Just because mythic is challenging doesn't mean there isn't a lack of challenges overall. The game is more than just mythic. If 99.99% of the game is unchallenging then you can't tell people that unless they engage in the 0.01% of the game which requires a tight schedule and a lot of time and dedication, they can't point out the fact that the game as a whole is oversimplified.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never seen you make any useful and constructive comment. You should refrain from posting for the sake of everyone.
    Challenge Modes, Mythic dungeons, Brawler's Guild, Keystone dungeons in Legion, world quests requiring groups etc etc.

All of these exist/will exist, and people will keep bitching and whining for "challenge" where it never existed to begin with, because COMPLAINING about wanting it is as close as these people come to actually accomplishing anything in-game.