Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    That sounds like a poor time management issue. Spend less time playing video games and more time gathering important life skills such as time management. The rest of us who spend 2 months fully clearing the content and dropping back to raiding 13/13m for 2.5 hours a week will continue doing what we do.

Dungeons were never challenging BC unless you had the mental faculties of a squirrel. Can you CC? Yes, congrats you won heroic dungeons.

Uh, nope. Though it's pretty clear to see why you thought so. (see above reference)

Regarding topic: Defensive stats need to be brought back. To have a dodge tank, with dodge based masteries, who can't actually see any dodge values, is pretty asinine.
    The defensive stats fully agreed on, as well as spellpower. Beyond that, tis fine to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Definitely oversimplified, must include zeroes for every stat which is equal to zero at this exact moment. I want to swap equipment/buffs and see the changes in a convenient way. Obscuring information is not convenient.

Design your game for dummies, and only dummies will remain to play your game. All smart people will leave and find something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Definitely oversimplified, must include zeroes for every stat which is equal to zero at this exact moment. I want to swap equipment/buffs and see the changes in a convenient way. Obscuring information is not convenient.

Design your game for dummies, and only dummies will remain to play your game. All smart people will leave and find something better.
    What? change gear and u see chagnes reflcted.
    you want more complex, build or use an addon to show junk stats

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Junk stats? Are you fucking real?
    Oh mastery gives me more block %? Guess I HAVE to get an addon.
    Oh mastery gives me a stacking dodge %? Guess I don't need to see that LOL

Get the fuck out

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    No. I change gear, some stats appear (instead of zeroes changing to non-zeroes), some stats disappear, other stats move up and down. Inconvenient. If zeroes remain in place of disappearing stats, it's much more user-friendly, both for newbies and "pros". It's not complex, it's easier to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Arteezy View Post

Get the fuck out
    do people jsut complain for the sake of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    i think it looks nice.. and besided they have an option to display the older one
    No, you don't actually.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-stats-window/

- - - Updated - - -

So what is the block chance of the character in that screenshot? Because I don't see it displayed there. I don't see their dodge or parry chance either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Hello yes this is base chance, how can I help you?

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, you don't actually.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...-stats-window/

- - - Updated - - -

So what is the block chance of the character in that screenshot? Because I don't see it displayed there. I don't see their dodge or parry chance either.
    i dont play warrior - if base chance isnt obvious it can be added (if needed). even then, if its displayed somewhere else, its not difficult to add 5 or 10 or whatever your base is, to what is displayed
    parry is listed under crit in much the same way

point is, a large majority dont care, and those that do will have the ability to determine those stats

junk stats is refering to attack power as resto, my strength, my agility, all effectively useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont play warrior - if base chance isnt obvious it can be added (if needed). even then, if its displayed somewhere else, its not difficult to add 5 or 10 or whatever your base is, to what is displayed

point is, a large majority dont care, and those that do will have the ability to determine those stats

junk stats is refering to attack power as resto, my strength, my agility, all effectively useless.
    Right, the problem is they trimmed important stats as well. Wouldn't you be bothered if crit chance weren't displayed when playing a healer or dps? Same principle applies to defensive stats like block/dodge/parry for tank specs.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If you don't care about them, but some do, whats the harm in keeping them? Spite?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If you don't care about them, but some do, whats the harm in keeping them? Spite?
    I'm rather sure that the defensive stats will make a return, as that does seem a little strange to have removed. Please remember this is the first pass at the new sheet, and there are a LOT of bugs, and a lot of things missing from this current build.

Right, the problem is they trimmed important stats as well. Wouldn't you be bothered if crit chance weren't displayed when playing a healer or dps? Same principle applies to defensive stats like block/dodge/parry for tank specs.
    yea good point, and they will likely be brought back. but thats not the argument put forward by

Get the fuck out
    The feedback threads for alpha exist for a reason. Things get iterated on, things get missed.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they are confusing to a lot of players. do you care about as agility as resto? no.
    its obviously different if the stat plays an important part in your role

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I'm rather sure that the defensive stats will make a return, as that does seem a little strange to have removed. Please remember this is the first pass at the new sheet, and there are a LOT of bugs, and a lot of things missing from this current build.
    I sure hope so! I mean, its great they want to clean things up... but holy shit. Whats the point of cleaning up those stats and the panel and just making a massive ITEM LEVEL area? That area could contain more stats.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they are confusing to a lot of players.
    Is it? Because in my ~10 years of playing this game, I've never heard that from anyone in game or outside of the game. I've also never seen a thread on it.

I sure hope so! I mean, its great they want to clean things up... but holy shit. Whats the point of cleaning up those stats and the panel and just making a massive ITEM LEVEL area? That area could contain more stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it? Because in my ~10 years of playing this game, I've never heard that from anyone in game or outside of the game. I've also never seen a thread on it.
    Why do i care about strength, agility, block %, dodge %, parry % as a resto druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are confusing to a lot of players.
    This is an argument I don't understand, because when you read the tooltip for the useless stats it says "This stat provides no benefit for your specialization"(or something to that effect, been some 8 months since I last logged in). How exactly is that confusing?

For that matter what is wrong with Blizzard simply adding an option to display an advanced stat panel, and leaving the default setting for it off. New players aren't flooded with information that (somehow) confuses them, and those who want the more detailed breakdown can have it.

Blizzard's compromise is simply dumping the work to show the other stats onto the addon makers, because they can't be arsed to do it themselves.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-04-25 at 02:15 AM.

Why do i care about strength, agility, block %, dodge %, parry % as a resto druid?
    How does seeing those stats harm you in any way? You keep making stupid claims, but answer the question. If you don't care about those stats, but some people do, why have them removed? Spite?

This is an argument I don't understand, because when you read the tooltip for the useless stats it says "This stat provides no benefit for your specialization"(or something to that effect, been some 8 months since I last logged in). How exactly is that confusing? For that matter what is wrong with Blizzard simply adding an option to display an advanced stat panel, and leaving the default setting for it off. New players aren't flooded with information that (somehow) confuses them, and those who want the more detailed breakdown can have it.
    Mostly because people see it and wonder why it is even displayed. do they need more of it for it to supply a benefit

I already responded in another thread (or this one, cant remember) my support for a basic and advanced display.

- - - Updated - - -

How does seeing those stats harm you in any way? You keep making stupid claims, but answer the question. If you don't care about those stats, but some people do, why have them removed? Spite?
    The stats dont bother me, they bother and confuse new players, or players with lesser ability.

You're the kind that there is no point having discussion with, if you want to throw the same text around again and again
    "oh yea hi, im blizz. gonna cut of my nose to spite my face."

You're the kind that there is no point having discussion with, if you want to throw the same text around again and again
    You aren't answering the questions I ask, which is why I had to repeat it. You're just moving goalposts.

Taking emotions, preferences and otherwise out of the picture, he is quite correct that strength, block chance, so on has no right being on a healer's stat sheet. It's wasted space, it's pointless, it's useless. Why people want 0's is beyond me.

On the counter side of things, taking out defensive stats as a tank, as well as spellpower is not the smartest move, and should be put back in.

Just because something changed, doesn't make it bad.