Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It looks cleaner but all the devs did was force people to get an addon to see everything else since all the data it doesn't show is still in the api.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a hardcore gamer, when I brag to my friends that I play WoW, I want it to look as confusing as possible when it has no need to be. I feel this to be a bad move. When I show my friend the stats on my warrior and he sees Int, spirit and all that useless stuff for a warrior, he's all like "Damn, how do you understand all this?" and I just sit back and go "I'm just that good." Now, with this simplified stats panel, only showing the stats you use, it's going to make my secret come out. Doctors hate this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Oh look Ilvl is the biggest and most important on your character sheet. Telling people Ilvl is THE metric to use and the only way to see if someone is competent for content is just plain wrong. Why was Gearscore removed again ? ...
    Yes, it is. Just another thing to make life easier. Back in the day, you'd get someone to come to you if they wanted in your group, you'd inspect them and if the gear met your standards, you let them join.

Now we have the online armory and ilvl, to make this task a bit faster. /shock

It´s disgusting. As if it´s designed for a 3 yo to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Why do they consistently go for the approach where one group of players lose out when there is an alternative where everybody could be happy?
    Why do crybabies allways coome up with bullshit - you dont lose out as you can see the other stats via api as the blues stated.

But yes movement speed should be shown there too thats the only one I miss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Definitely looks neat, but I would like to have more options available, not sure what it is Blizzard has against customizability.
    But it is. Its called Addons....

Deleted
    If you have a look at the bluepost it self, it's an answer on a post from a Protection Warrior.

This give us info on how the tanks will be seeing their stats.
    Because as a dps, you care about less stats. A shame Chaud didn't include the three different possibilities and went for dps.

I think Blizzard could release the most perfect, beautiful, genre revolutionizing interface ever created in the gaming industry and somebody would come along and say "that sucks, I liked the old one better! whaa whaa!" just to be contentious. You can't please everybody. (especially those who go out of their way to find things to whine about)

Personally, I like it since you don't have to scroll past info that's useless to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Don't fix shit that's not broken.
    That's what they do though. That's why we have class overhauls and stuff like that every expansion but very little actual content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It should be an option "Show advanced character interface" that defaults off. That way new players / normal people can have the new simple version and other people can use the old version.

Everybody wins.

Why do they consistently go for the approach where one group of players lose out when there is an alternative where everybody could be happy?
    Have you seen the new options interface in Legion yet? They removed like 80% of the currently available options. There's some major pruning going on at all fronts.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I kinda liked the old one. Makes me look like a garrison follower with my big colourful ilvl at the top.

Not a big deal to me honestly. Can just get an addon if it annoys me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

This one looks pretty good. My only gripe is this bright neon huge flashy sign "ITEM LEVEL" covering like half the screen. Friggin gearscore, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like shit you'd see on a console RPG. About as dumb as removing various passives from the spellbook.

I usually don't like when the devs hide relevant information (e.g. Ret's attack power > spell power passive no longer appears in our spellbook) but I think I like this. It's very clean and off the top of my head I can't think of anything I truly miss from the old one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    It seems like it will only show the stats you need to see. TBH I don't really need to see how much INT my hunter has
    That's why you will see how much agility your hunter has and not intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer option to have old panel. New one looks okay but I don't see the point of changing whats not broken.
    And, to be honest, I would better like an opportunity to hide stats that you do not need manually in old panel.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, if there's ever an opportunity to complain about something, sure as hell you guys are there to do it!

This is literally a panel which shows you numbers for stats. That is it. What more do you want it to be? They made it simpler to it's easier to read. I mean come on... what do you want from it?

Are you annoyed because you won't be able to emulate the sense of false intelligence the old design brought you anymore? Blizzard could shit out the most perfect game of all time and you'd still complain about the smell.

I find it to be a nice improvement over the cluttered mess we've got right now. The original was relatively simple, but at this point I've got half of my stats lists collapsed and they're wasting screen real estate. I do think it's a bit sad how large the iLevel number font turns out to be, but even in other games there are often power level indicators on gear besides the stat allocations themselves so... it is what it is.

I wouldn't object to them also offering a "complete" stat page, but having the pertinent stats visible at a single glance without having to scroll, expand or collapse, or even visually skip over the non-relevant stats makes checking stats faster for someone double checking their info, as well as for any few of the new players who might come along and be looking to match their stat priorities.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos
    Lawl! None of those are relevant in the least. Be honest, when is the last time you ever Cared about looking at your movement speed? Its irrelevant. The faster your mount, the faster your movement speed. You can literally ignore that stat and be fine.
    This is from another thread that got closed, but I wanted to answer to it anyway.

And I'm being honest, I'm looking at my movement speed quite frequently. As a worgen druid I've 4 innate speed boosting CDs, more with talents, and several speed altering forms, as well as speed enchantment. All of these interact with each other in different ways, and I want to know how. Will popping a second CD make me faster or is it just a waste? In certain situations this is pretty important to know.

Just because you take the game at face value and isn't interested in how mechanics interact doesn't mean other people aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    do you think the panel is oversimplified?
    I don't think so. I hardly ever looked at all those stats in the old panel anyway. This looks much better, it only has the important stuff.

Just get an addon to show clusterfu*k of useless numbers, same as you can do with those panels showing FPS, latency, number of friends online, etc. etc.

I, for one, am glad I no longer have to juggle with the stat sub-windows depending on what spec I just swapped to. Nice change.

Because we all know how integral seeing agility/defense/block/ect for casters, amirite? Insert any other proper analogy there.

People will literally complain about anything.