Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yes, it's oversimplified and there was literally no reason to change it. Don't fix shit that's not broken.
    It was a minor inconvenience every time you made a new character - setting the order, collapsing unwanted panes. I think the choice was good, but the new one looks so much better! And you can always get an addon

Aslong as it shows me the stats I need to see for the class & spec that I'm playing I honestly... dont care.

GIANT ilvl font text is hilarious. All that matters is ilvl!

- - - Updated - - -

Information about your character should never be INTENTIONALLY hidden from players.

I for one like it, I hate useless clutter and this is much simpler to read. Besides, there is bound to be lots of addons for the stat geeks out there so not seeing it as a huge issue.

You know... the only thing I REALLY hate about the new stat panel is that iLvL is the biggest, brightest, and boldest part. Why...? Why does iLvL need to take up that much space and be THAT PROMINANT?! I get it, iLvL is important, but really? That's my only qualm is that this is just going to feed into Gear Score mindset that much more.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I can't think of a problem with having both sheets. I really can't. Have the picture in the character panel be the default... and advanced settings could be a connection shown with a button.
    Yeah this is exactly what i wrote in feedback on alpha about it.
    I see no reason removing the old when it was already there. Just make the new one "first page shown", just like when you hit lvl 10 and can decide talent tree, you will end up at the Core abilities page.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-04-22 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    You know... the only thing I REALLY hate about the new stat panel is that iLvL is the biggest, brightest, and boldest part. Why...? Why does iLvL need to take up that much space and be THAT PROMINANT?! I get it, iLvL is important, but really? That's my only qualm is that this is just going to feed into Gear Score mindset that much more.
    In many people's minds, mine included, Item Level is the end-game. The thing we all strive for. I personally love the new look and woudnt change anything about it. I cant believe the amount of people that seem to care about seeing their movement speed lol
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Oh and while they are at it, make you able to inspect people like in diablo, right click name> inspect.

the being within 30 yards is something i could understand 10 years ago due to server stability, but now? meh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    Well, because it is important. Without appropriate iLvl you dun have access to certain types of content.

Yes, it's oversimplified and there was literally no reason to change it. Don't fix shit that's not broken.
    they've been doing that since forever.. fixing shit that aint broken

Damn right it's over simplified. It's fucking awful.

Where can we demand blizzard change it where they'll actually listen?

I completely agree with it. Just show me what I need to see.
    Also it will give any new player knowledge that hunters don't need Intellect for instance. I do know someone that did stack intellect on his hunter while leveling because it made him smarter than the other players. I know, it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Once again addon writers will fill in the gap I guess. Still don't understand why they don't make it a toggle though. It seem so counter-intuitive to hold entire discussions with players about the exact formula behind each spell and at the same time hide basic information for anyone who doesn't want to query the system. There is a significant amount of mid-level users you know . . .
    So what information are they hiding that you'd need in order to perform said calculations for any given character?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    So what information are they hiding that you'd need in order to perform said calculations for any given character?
    Movement speed, hahaha

Deleted
    I just hope they put in an option to show advanced stats or something. I like my information to be available as I please.

If they don't people will just write Macros to find out their exact stats (remember Crit Immunity? )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Okay, so we've all seen the new stats panel for the character interface that was introduced in the alpha patch today. If you don't know what it looks like after it was updated: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...wStatsPane.jpg

Now, the question I'm asking is, do you think the panel is oversimplified? For example, the only stats that show are crit/haste/mastery/vers, and on the official forums a blue post stated that we will not have the option to see the other attributes unless our weapon specifically has them on it.

Basically, we don't have access to any other attributes that we would normally see, like tanks can't see their defensive stats other than stamina. Tertiary stats haven't been commented on. The point of simplifying the panel was to make it easier for new players to see what they have in terms of stats, but as stated before, other stats that we have aren't going to be shown, and we will not have the option to show them.

Do you think we should have an advanced option as an addition to this panel, or do you think it's okay to leave out certain stats?

Blue post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743314303 the two posts are on the first and second page of this forum.

Keep in mind, the new panel looks pretty damn awesome in terms of aesthetic, but that isn't the issue that I'm trying to address here.
    I like it alot, as u said aestheticly it is very nice. I almost never look at my stats in WoD, i only used to look at mastery, what it does and how much stuff it gives me (since 30% mastery doesnt tell you crap anyway, you have to mouse over to actually see the real benefits).

Blue response "get addon or fock off" is very unfortunate, on the other hand the game is so simplified that you dont really need to see those stats unless you are mythic raider trying to maximize every bit of gear. If a piece of gear drops you can easily evaluate whether it is an upgrade or not, so its not that bad.

Long story short: its fine but an option to see it all should be there (in game settings, lets keep it clean for common folks, we dont need another button smashed in that screen)

Deleted
    I like it, but the itemlevel number is a bit too big. I mean, it's bigger than the "item level" header...

But it's a good riddance of useless stats. At first I was shocked, but I can't really say what stat I'm missing (since tertiary are shown if you have them). The old one had so many useless stats. Not only useless per spec like spirit for tanks or parry for dps. Useless in general. Who cares about the weapon damage stat? You can just look it up on your weapon. Who cares about the dps of your auto attacks? Who needs to see his health and resource in there? Honestly, I minimized most of those categories anyways.

Is it oversimplified? Not really. It shows you all important stats and nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    People, as always, blowing things out of proportion just because they don't like changes that don't even affect their gameplay. It's 2016, and whining for the sake of whining is mainstream it seems.

Personally? I couldn't care less. There is too much useless information in todays character sheet. Showing how you have 0% of a stat or X number on another that you don't even care about is not "advanced" or "important" at all. They cleaned it up and its better on the eyes.

Its sad really that people say "dont change what's not broken" instead of thinking that they are improving something. With your mentality we would still be in the 17th century.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-04-22 at 09:18 AM.

One thing to change on gear. Show flat % increase to stats instead of rating.

Like 567 mastery = 1.5% show damn % not rating. No point show rating now anyway

Used have addon for that untill no longrr got updated because rating was pointless I want to see on the fly bow much stats x i gain or lose in %

If the character panels displays only the stats you currenty have, instead of displaying everyhting with many 0% or fixed percent values, I don't really see the issue.

But i'd like to be able to see the ratings instead of the pure %.