Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed when I saw it. Don't get me wrong, I like the look. But I pretty darn wish we would be able to see ALL our stats.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

They could add a very small "advanced details" button to show minor stats or stats not relevant for your character (like agility rating of your priest and stuff like that).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    And again the illusion of choice is given by Blizzard.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

7+ Year Old Account
    i like it, but i wish we could see all our stats.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not oversimplified, it just shows what stats matter for your class rather than having to scroll down to find your haste on a mage because your strength rating is in the way...

its a QOL change, not needed but not unwelcome
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    it's not oversimplified, it just shows what stats matter for your class rather than having to scroll down to find your haste on a mage because your strength rating is in the way...

its a QOL change, not needed but not unwelcome
    So yes it is simplified. Every QOL is simplifiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Yes, of course. I, for one, absolutely require the knowledge that my warlock has exactly 550 Strength and 983 Agility and that my Dodge is exactly 3%, no more and no less. And the melee damage stats? Absolutely essential. They pretty much determine my viability in a raid! What are those crazy people at Blizzard thinking, dumbing down the game like that, I mean, my attack power might be 0, but it's a zero I absolutely must see to be able to play!
    Those stats are indeed not important, but mana regen is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Those stats are indeed not important, but mana regen is.
    I'm assuming it'll be there for healers, if not, it's legitimate feedback to ask them to include it ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    So yes it is simplified. Every QOL is simplifiing.
    that's subjective... i'd view the removal of LFR as a QOL change, but it would definitely un-simplify raiding for a lot of people.

and i never said it wasn't simplified. i said it wasnt oversimplified
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the looks and content of it, it's a non issue.
    If you like seeing numbers all over like it's an RPG, I think the games feels RPG enough for this new char tab to be considered fine.

Outside of one thing, the movement speed, they forgot it.

It looks terrible (if it is not optional), showing only the essentials is fine but losing ability to see the others is not
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2016-04-22 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why did they have to change it?
    I was okay as it was before.

You think you want a detailed character info panel, but you don't.

Jokes aside I'm waiting for the next expansion when we'll simply have;
    - Damage (all offensive stats rounded up)
    - Health (all defensive stats rounded up)

Last edited by NFA; 2016-04-22 at 03:15 PM.

So it's impossible for a caster to see your melee damage? It's basically useless, but better have a stat than not.
    Horrible oversimplification.. targeting the core audience i guess.

Give us an advanced option or remove this atrocity.

Reminds me more of an april fools joke with the huge ilvl number.

I think if they are going this direction, they may as well drop the other shoe and just display item level and nothing else.

I mean, one main stat and three or four secondary stats might be too confusing for new players.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffels View Post
    Why did they have to change it?
    I was okay as it was before.
    Probably because of the future move to consoles. All the simplification is about that, I expect.

Tangentially, Legion makes WoW barely distinguishable from a F2P phone game.

Completely serious. Downloaded one that launched this month on a whim, and the similarity is striking. The MMO portion is essentially a lobby and the actual content all takes place in instances. There's gear of varying level and quality but only one displayed stat, "power".

Blizz, I hope you appreciate the ignorance and gullibility of what players WoW has left. Paying $50 plus $15 a month for a free phone caliber game.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Tangentially, Legion makes WoW barely distinguishable from a F2P phone game.

Completely serious. Downloaded one that launched this month on a whim, and the similarity is striking. The MMO portion is essentially a lobby and the actual content all takes place in instances. There's gear of varying level and quality but only one displayed stat, "power".

Blizz, I hope you appreciate the ignorance and gullibility of what players WoW has left. Paying $50 plus $15 a month for a free phone caliber game.
    It's totally not because these guys are copying a successful design, eh? ;p

Well, at least my 3 yo son with down syndrome and dementing great-grandmother can understand the game too now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shows how gaming went today...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ