Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

pvp gear tied to rating (and mythic ilevel)

Info just leaked.

No pvp vendor.

Gear comes from RNG lockboxes from wins:
    • bg/skirm = dungeon heroic ilevel
    • "1700" rating = normal raid
    • "gladiator" = mythic

Guess they never learned from the previous mistake of gear tied to "rated" anything. FOTM specs [or combos] get gear and the rest get hosed. And nowadays, cheating is practically guaranteed and somewhat allowed.

Current gear acquisition system (aka in wod) is the best it has ever been.
    Legion pvp gear acquisition is bad for the majority of the player base.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this information is *probably* legit (and maybe up to interpretation since the final game isn't finished) but a source would be sooo nice.

Edit: Oh I see it now. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...stion-vendors/ the bluepost.

Well, alternative ways to progress in every stuff is nice I guess. I want pretty gear too!
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2016-04-20 at 01:08 AM.

source for you http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...stion-vendors/, i don't pvp (its a minigame :P) but seems pretty standard

Deleted
    well the stats on "pvp" gear don't affect pvp anymore (or at least a lot less, wasnt it like 1% power per 10 ilv or something?). so it's not like it will have a effect on pvp.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    source for you http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...stion-vendors/, i don't pvp (its a minigame :P) but seems pretty standard
    When I played, I avoided it because getting wrecked by people with more gear was... well, not fun, because I don't pick fights with people bigger than me o_o
    But now that they have less effect, the difference will not be so huge, and now I'll be able to get cool gear AND not be wrecked in the road to it.

They don't have OP trinkets and tier, and your time will probably be better spent doing mythic+ for raid gear. So idc and doubt many will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

"Leaked" lol, this has been commonplace information for months.

Anyway, I agree that the amount of cheating in upper level brackets is out of control. However, 10 ilevels is equivalent to 1% total stat increase... so it's not like gear is going to matter as much as we are used to. I think you're crying and you sound like a hater.

edit: you made your account just to post this. so you are definitely upset and xtra about this. dude. you need to calm down. *pats*
    Last edited by dyetheundying; 2016-04-20 at 01:23 AM.

RNG gear acquisition is terrible. Awarding gear based on rating is not ideal. Remember BC anyone?

Everyone should have the same chance at the same quality gear with a similar amount of effort and time spent. "Rated" play tends to bring out the worst in people, behavior wise.

In pvp combat (anywhere) there should be no gear advantage. Not 5%, not 1%, 0.0000000000000.
    Stats reaching inflated levels again, so 2-5% difference is a lot more than you think.

Awarding mythic gear in pvp...still dumbfounded. What happened to "elite" gear being visual only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unstableone View Post
    RNG gear acquisition is terrible. Awarding gear based on rating is not ideal. Remember BC anyone?

Everyone should have the same chance at the same quality gear with a similar amount of effort and time spent. "Rated" play tends to bring out the worst in people, behavior wise.

In pvp combat (anywhere) there should be no gear advantage. Not 5%, not 1%, 0.0000000000000.
    Stats reaching inflated levels again, so 2-5% difference is a lot more than you think.

Awarding mythic gear in pvp...still dumbfounded. What happened to "elite" gear being visual only?
    its a lot less gear advantage then it is on live.

and at least it is a way for pvpers to actually get higher ilvl gear without having to do pve.

in a way i think rating makes sense. just like how your pve "rating" (normal, heroic, mythic) determines ilvl, so too does pvp rating.

i assume there is also a rating tier for heroic gear? 2200 i guess?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-20 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

and at least it is a way for pvpers to actually get higher ilvl gear without having to do pve.

in a way i think rating makes sense. just like how your pve "rating" (normal, heroic, mythic) determines ilvl, so too does pvp rating.

In a way it's nice that you can obtain better gear through pvp. It's just the "system" in which the rewards are handed out, is flawed. "Rich get richer" sort of way.

I dont think mythic gear should be given for killing players. There's no good system to determine skill, and it's hard to argue against the game is not balanced.

Heroic raid level pvp gear, that upscales to mythic (+5) in pvp combat; has the best compromise. It makes pvp gear the best for pvp without affecting pve anything.

A blue mentioned a while ago that each item lvl provides a 0.1% increase in stats. A 50 ilvl difference is only a 5% difference in stats. In other words, gear doesn't make much of a difference anymore.

Deleted
    In a way it's nice that you can obtain better gear through pvp. It's just the "system" in which the rewards are handed out, is flawed. "Rich get richer" sort of way.

I dont think mythic gear should be given for killing players. There's no good system to determine skill, and it's hard to argue against the game is not balanced.

Heroic raid level pvp gear, that upscales to mythic (+5) in pvp combat; has the best compromise. It makes pvp gear the best for pvp without affecting pve anything.
    it seems your issue is more with how matchmaking/rating works then it is with the rewards?

i don't know how rating works but i guess it's basically your rating goes up/down untill your win rate is 50%? seems fair to me?

That isn't the worst part of it as the honor talent grind will deter most casual players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds really bad. Any RNG lockboxes system is crap no matter whats inside and how important gear will be.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Actually, it isn't. It can be even more. Right now there is a 10 iLevel difference between Honor gear (basically freely available) and Conquest gear. People on the alpha are reporting a .25% stat boost to your entire template per item level above 800 (basically, 2.5% per 10 iLevels). Heroic Dungeon gear is ~830 ish. Mythic gear is 890-900. Thats a 15% boost or so.

This idea is awful.

Yeah, a lot of people dont do rated PvP. Having them stuck (for the entire expansion, to boot) at a 10% or more deficit is retarded. I dont have the time for rBGs and i have never been able to do Arena without wanting to vomit in my mouth. Guess i just unsub, then, because i wont be able to enjoy PvP without having to raid. Fun times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    A blue mentioned a while ago that each item lvl provides a 0.1% increase in stats. A 50 ilvl difference is only a 5% difference in stats. In other words, gear doesn't make much of a difference anymore.
    But players on the beta are reporting .25% per ievel. So 50 iLevels is a 12.5% difference - as big or bigger than the difference between honor gear and CQ gear now. Even if it is dialed back to 1% per 10 iLevels - thats still going to be a 7-10% gap, and unlike now, that's a flat buff on ALL your stats. If your template had 5000 haste, it will now have 5500, AND 10% more HP, AND 10% more of every other stat. Its a lot more than you give it credit for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That isn't the worst part of it as the honor talent grind will deter most casual players.
    Also this. And you need to grind your artifact up all the way as well.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2016-04-20 at 04:09 AM.

Random gearing in PvP. So blizz is just going to force this very unpopular WoD feature till people like it huh?

"You think you hate it, but you really dont"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Info just leaked.

No pvp vendor.

Gear comes from RNG lockboxes from wins:
    • bg/skirm = dungeon heroic ilevel
    • "1700" rating = normal raid
    • "gladiator" = mythic

Guess they never learned from the previous mistake of gear tied to "rated" anything. FOTM specs [or combos] get gear and the rest get hosed. And nowadays, cheating is practically guaranteed and somewhat allowed.

Current gear acquisition system (aka in wod) is the best it has ever been.
    Legion pvp gear acquisition is bad for the majority of the player base.
    PvP is ment for those who actually want to compete in PvP, the idea of giving PvP gear for those who only dabble in PvP has always seemed idiotic to me, but it was extremely necessary (PvP Resilience, then PvP Power, then pure ilvl). Now it will no longer be necessary for even at the very top of gear, it will only be 5% difference from the very bottom to the very top, thus no longer necessary. Nice, but not necessary. Also, you will rarely, if ever, be fighting against anyone that out gears you in the Arena or BG, for their Rating won't allow it.

The idea here is to treat PvP like PvE, that higher gear must be earned, not just won because you spent a few hours a day playing arena (and losing most of them) or, in case of WoD, you spend gold in the AH to buy full Conquest.

The "Majority" can go suck a dick, expecting to get the best stuff for being mediocre. The PvP scene in WoW has been shitty for the longest of times, hopefully it will no longer be the case in Legion.

An unfortunate consequence of this will be a huge influx of selling ratings, but such is life in an MMO, where guilds rake in a ton of gold by selling Mythic Gear/Mounts.

Keep your grubby little pvp hands off my mythic gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Since its 1% or there about, it wont affect your pvp.

Also, since PvErs don't choose the items that drop for them, AND the bosses have lockout, I think the RNG is also a must.

Before Legion:

Gearing is a pain in the ass, but after a week or two you're on near equal footing as everyone else. And with some work you can get the best PvP gear and be on equal footing. PvE has absolutely no place.

Legion:

Gearing can be equally done in PvE or PvP. Those who start early will have better gear than everyone else. Getting the best PvP gear will get harder with time as the earlier you start the more gear you randomly amass/your rating is easier to defend due to higher ilvl. That or just raid and get the best gear with that method. PvE may very well be the most reliable method to gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    Since its 1% or there about, it wont affect your pvp.

Also, since PvErs don't choose the items that drop for them, AND the bosses have lockout, I think the RNG is also a must.
    its currently a bigger gap in legion than on live.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg