Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Not seeing 0's on my character screen does not make the game any easier for me, it just removes useless information. You clearly hate the game, stop playing. You'll be happier.
    Maybe not for you. There are some people who have no idea what items they need. Also, having that useless information is part of it being an RPG, something WoW hasn't been since after Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Clusterfuck? It's an RPG GAME. Which part of that don't you understand? Do you also want arrows pointing out which item you should get next, which ability on your bar you should press? It's oversimplified. It's made for casual as fuck people who don't have to think even for a second in this game. And the worst is that people are defending the shit out of it, because they are afraid of the game getting harder to understand. Don't worry it won't, a couple expansions down the line it will be more simple than a mobile game where you just have to tap on the screen every second.
    if you really like that much to browse through ton of data you can make my quaterly production reports, ton of fap material there for data lovers ^^ ofc for free since you love it sooooo much

Maybe not for you. There are some people who have no idea what items they need. Also, having that useless information is part of it being an RPG, something WoW hasn't been since after Cata.
    So stop playing, leave the game and community that clearly angers you so. You'll be better off.

Well what are we missing from live?
    I really dont need to know exactly how much strength/bonus armor i have on my mage
    Spirit has been removed
    Dodge/parry/block arent relevant on most characters
    Mana has pretty much become static

Honestly? the only thing i think is missing is 'health' which is covered by stamina, and movespeed.

Having all the other stats displayed with equal value is quite misleading and rather clunky

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Well what are we missing from live?
    I really dont need to know exactly how much strength/bonus armor i have on my mage
    Spirit has been removed
    Dodge/parry/block arent relevant on most characters
    Mana has pretty much become static

Honestly? the only thing i think is missing is 'health' which is covered by stamina, and movespeed.

Having all the other stats displayed with equal value is quite misleading and rather clunky
    Health, resource number (Mostly just to check that your +20 energy talent is working for example), spellpower and the tanking stats could make a return, but there are enough mechanical changes in Legion that I honestly don't think it'l be needed. But apparently the chance of taking gear from someone else and putting on something you shouldn't is the mark of a great game, so you won't get many people agreeing with anything here.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even say anything negative about this game anymore. Oh well, this topic should be renamed to "fuck everyone who disagrees with blizzard" because it has been derailed to such.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even say anything negative about this game anymore. Oh well, this topic should be renamed to "fuck everyone who disagrees with blizzard" because it has been derailed to such.
    You're entirely free to say something negative about the game. I'm also entirely free to say 'If you have such a problem with it and are pulling the same 'The game was better back in x' that's seen every day, maybe stop playing. If you're unhappy with things, find something to make you happy. Just because people don't agree with your opinion doesn't mean you're not allowed to have it.

Every time someone says "that useless info is part of an rpg" makes me laugh. If you'd actually played any tabletop rpg, you should know one of the key things is tracking only relevant info so you can a)speed up sessions and b) not forget or lose relevant info.

The only relevant missing stat is move speed from what I can see. Your health and resource count can be seen on your character bar.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    .. Right, so now I'm captain emotional for posting entirely factual statements? Gooootcha. Won't even back up your own claims. Mythic raid and tier gear will not drop from the open world, you still have to do progressive raiding for it. But as you're now going for psudo insults, I think we're done here.
    Primalmatter was actually right... It isn't in the alpha yet since world drops are still using wod loot tables save for greens and trash but the current plan is for any ilv loot to drop from anywhere.

While it is a dickish way to say it. So far unless they change their mind it will be possible to farm mythic raid ilv by doing nothing more then farming tens of thousands of rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Primalmatter was actually right... It isn't in the alpha yet since world drops are still using wod loot tables save for greens and trash but the current plan is for any ilv loot to drop from anywhere.

While it is a dickish way to say it. So far unless they change their mind it will be possible to farm mythic raid ilv by doing nothing more then farming tens of thousands of rats.
    Can you please post any evidence of this beyond the logical bit of world trash drops scaling to your level...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Mind posting where they've said this is the plan? Specifically that mythic level raid gear can be found from any mob in the open world? I've watched Blizzcon and been keeping up on the news and I have 0 recollection of this.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    On a similar note...

In October, Adobe released patch 6.2 for their very popular Lightroom photography application.
    Lightroom is used by Professional and Enthusiast photographers to import, catalog, modify, export, and present large quantities of photos.

In patch 6.2 they completely replaced the "import photo" dialog with a simplified version.
    The previous import dialog was a very powerful tool, with many options.
    For Pros importing thousand of photos per day and cataloging them, those options were a godsend.

With 6.2 they removed "very low usage features". The import dialog was a shell of its previous self.
    The Lightroom community erupted with complaints.

Adobe stated they had done research and "new" people were confused by all the options, so they removed them.
    They basically dumbed down the product to market it at the Pinterest and Instagram photography crowd.

But, Lightroom isn't for the Pinterest and Instagram photography crowd.
    Lightroom photographers needed those options and had come to rely on them.

Petitions were created.
    The forums were flooded with complaints.
    Popular Lightroom personalities blogged about the situations.
    Etc....

Finally, Adobe apologised.
    They relented.
    In 6.3 of Lightroom the old dialog was coming back, with an option to enable the new dialog.

Adobe learned a lesson.
    Don't take away options and details just because new users find them initially confusing.
    Don't fix something that isn't broken.
    Don't mess with your product at the expense of your established user base.
    Don't try and make Lightroom a product for everyone.

Seems like Blizzard needs to take note.

References:
    http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...ml?PID=6149335
    http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...rt-update.html
    http://www.macworld.com/article/3005...ew-update.html
    What you are describing is "smartphone-itis." It has come to plague the entire computer industry with making things more streamlined and new-user-friendly, at the expense of their established customer base. This is why you have the ugly as crap and unintuitive Windows 10 or Adobe Acrobat DC. Everything has to be like a phone app that is over-simplified to appeal to soccer moms who never used computers before. All advanced features are not only removed from view, but actually unavailable even to veteran users.
    Last edited by Chain Chungus; 2016-04-24 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    I don't get this complaint at all. If you actually care about theorycrafting you actually do not require the panel. There're LUA tools to get that information.

This is only a visual indication to make things easier for very fast checks by the new player.

Don't read too much into it.

Deleted
    Mind posting where they've said this is the plan? Specifically that mythic level raid gear can be found from any mob in the open world? I've watched Blizzcon and been keeping up on the news and I have 0 recollection of this.
    Yeah I should be able to give me a few minutes they never mention it direct but in passing but they have said a few times it was the case will see if I can dig up a link.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/i...tion-in-legion

Go past the legendary to the scaling up bit. Think there is a blue post as well will see if I can dig it up.

What does a bunch of useless stats have to do with a RPG. Yes me seeing strength on my mage really gets me into the role playing aspect of it.... Hmmmm.... how much spirit do I have today, is it going to make my mana regen faster.... oh wait they got rid of that need a few xpacs ago. But I still need to see those useless stats to really immerse into the game. It'll just feel fake if I don't... wow

Yeah I should be able to give me a few minutes they never mention it direct but in passing but they have said a few times it was the case will see if I can dig up a link.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/i...tion-in-legion

Go past the legendary to the scaling up bit. Think there is a blue post as well will see if I can dig it up.
    Yea, going to need to see this one from the horses mouth as it were. Fan pages can take things out of context pretty heavily. That being said even if so this isn't 'Mythic raid gear can drop from the world', it's 'Those boots that are normally ilevel 800 can have a rare chance to be boosted to ilevel 900'.

While I think that's dumb to do, it still won't outclass raiding gear given trinket procs, set bonuses and so on.

However bedtime for me. I'll check back to see what you've found, and if it is in fact the case that my questing can boost to mythic raid ilevel, I shall join you in the call of that being dumb.. and amazingly surprised that it isn't more often talked about.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-04-24 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    You know when we say "you people complain about everything" stop giving us reasons to say it, lol.

The stat is useless for your spec, why the fuck would you "need" to see it?

- - - Updated - - -

Health, spellpower
    Pretty sure those numbers will still be in the tooltip when you hover over the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You know when we say "you people complain about everything" stop giving us reasons to say it, lol.

The stat is useless for your spec, why the fuck would you "need" to see it?

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure those numbers will still be in the tooltip when you hover over the stat.

Health yes, spellpower no. When you mouse over Intel it just tells you how much spellpower intel is giving you, not your total.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually pretty cluttered in its previous (current on live) state. With 5-6 tabs, having to scroll down to look at the bottom ones, even with the ability to move them around to have more important ones at the top still didn't help with its cluttered and spread out set up. Is it oversimplified? Maybe, but let's not make out it's perfect and amazing in its layout currently.

Deleted
    Yea, going to need to see this one from the horses mouth as it were. Fan pages can take things out of context pretty heavily. That being said even if so this isn't 'Mythic raid gear can drop from the world', it's 'Those boots that are normally ilevel 800 can have a rare chance to be boosted to ilevel 900'.

While I think that's dumb to do, it still won't outclass raiding gear given trinket procs, set bonuses and so on.

However bedtime for me. I'll check back to see what you've found, and if it is in fact the case that my questing can boost to mythic raid ilevel, I shall join you in the call of that being dumb.. and amazingly surprised that it isn't more often talked about.
    I can't dig up the blue google keeps cluttering it with the legendaries. I know they mention it in blizz con but im not willing to rewatch two hours of it for the three sentences.

So it exists at least currently they could change their minds but I am far to lazy to look it up.