Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm from Romania. And I'm glad that happened. I'm sorry for the artist, but overall our national television is not doing good as it is and Eurovision was just a waste of money where many countries voted based on sympathies. There's a reason why Romania always gave either the 12 or 10 points to Moldova, and it's not because their song was always amazing. Many countries did that unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That' rude and not very inclusive of Sweden. You're punishing an entire people for what 1 TV station owes.
    That lies in the eye of the beholder... I would argue that it is a blessing for the Romanian people. The ESC is of such qualitative poor nature, that one can hardly call it a loss, let alone punishment.

Simulating unity with the means of idiocy.
    There's a German word for something like the ESC, it's called Volksverdummung. Closest translation may be Stupefaction of the people.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-04-22 at 03:49 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The song contest was never about quality. It's just a lighthearted, wacky thing that should remind us that peace in Europe shouldn't be taken for granted. I mean a generation ago we were killing ourselves.

That said, it's not really needed anymore, but it doesn't hurt to keep a silly tradition.

Not sure what 2015's was.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Beaucse its a nation of Gipsys
    You're a moron lmao. 99% of Romania's population are Latin and therefore European. The Roma are from the Indian subcontinent.

Deleted
    It's a shit show so not much to miss but EBU (European broadcast union) does more than that so i guess if you like sports it might be problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty safe to say that in most nations its mostly kids, teens, young adults that watch it.
    As others has said the call to ban them for not paying their bills is a favor.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Wow, there are more homosexuals in the world than I thought.
    I resent that! I hate Eurovision

Maybe its retaliation for trying to hold up the Canada trade agreement.

I don't know what's wrong with all of you who go "eh, who cares about Eurovision"? Eurovision is incredibly entertaining and funny as hell, and I'm saying that as an American. Eurovision gave us wonders like Dschinghis Khan, and Epic Sax Guy:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Not sure what 2015's was.
    Damn, she's hot.

I resent that! I hate Eurovision

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Nearly 200 million people watch it.
    that's huge overestimation
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's their national TV corporation, basically their BBC, the government are responsible for it hence why it's used for Eurovison (or was).

- - - Updated - - -

Because hundreds of millions of people like it, you have to understand it may look to some like a bunch of comedy acts, but if somebody sees it that way then that's their inner racist watching, in reality (almost) all of the countries involved put forward decent/good acts from their nation, if it appears strange that's a cultural oddity not intentional. Sadly this is something the British public never really understood, hence us never being interested in putting forward decent acts and treating the whole thing like a comedy show.
    Correct me if I'm wrong: So if someone doesn't see it as more than a bunch of comedy acts, their inner racist is triggered? Well, I'm off to Reddit and or Tumblr then.

Deleted
    Some songs are good, that's not the general problem with Eurovision, but rather how songs are selected in first place and how the final voting is done.

I am from Romania and i hope they close TVR for good.Such a shitty national program that doesn't offer anything good except maybe tele enciclopedia.They used to broadcast national soccer but that was taken away by the private broadcasters.
    About Eurovision i watched it every year in hope maybe Romania stands a chance in winning it but lets be honest here that the voting in this show is a major mafia and a bunch of crap influenced by the big corporations of the big countries.
    Saw a lot of comments from foreigners saying that Romania produces some of the best songs in Europe and yet we haven't been able to win this show once?
    Just take a look at the voting and u will realize every country is giving top or nearly top points for its "neighbor" or based on the influence between them.Norway,Denmark,Sweden give points among themselves,Romania give points to Moldova and vice versa,Russia gives points to Ukraine or other ex USSR countries and vice-versa, etc etc.
    Again i am not saying the songs are bad at Eurovision,just that the voting is too "dirty" lets face it.

Who cares? the Eurovision Song contest is just one big political circlejerk anyway, its not as if talent has anything to do with winning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Just take a look at the voting and u will realize every country is giving top or nearly top points for its "neighbor" or based on the influence between them.
    It also has to do with them having shared musical tastes and knowing the singers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    Who the hell watches Eurovision anyway ?
    I am surprised by how many people click a thread that is clearly about Eurovision - just to state that no one cares about Eurovision.

Isn't this song contest the one where the theme has to entail glorifying refugees?

I doubt Romanians give a single fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The better question is, "What the hell is the eurovision song festival? Also, what's eurovision?"

It's too bad it's not bulgaria, I really wanted to see crybran start crying again.
    More people watch the Eurovision song contest than watch the Superbowl btw, so yeah.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.