Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are someone who has time for another MMO, it's a fun experience just to level and tame some creatures. You get started on the whole mount and pet aspect really quickly and it's the highlight of the game. Overall I still think Tera shines as the best Kimport game we have, but this game is a nice little gem. I didn't have a lot of time to play it during these beta phases, so I'm hoping to get back at when it launches.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Flying did happen briefly in the tutorial and it felt rather easy to control (in a good way) so I can imagine that the combat would be easier than say Vashj'ir felt. So far two of the classes I tried had either a charge or a pull, both being melee, so that should help with orientation problems. Haven't tried a caster yet to see if autofacing happens to help smooth the transition.
    Is flight limited like Aion? Is the game all about pvp?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Is flight limited like Aion? Is the game all about pvp?
    Flight itself didn't appear to be, but the mounts have abilities and a dash thing that does have limitations. The game is about more than just flying, as you can turn animals into ground mounts or combat pets. I didn't get very far in the initial beta, just enough to know that combat is standard yet polished and the animals/mounts/pets really is what the focus to make it stand out was.
    BAD WOLF

Mounts have (individual) stamina/energy which depletes while moving. It regenerates slowly when not in use, and can be replenished by potions.
    Flying mounts have different height limits, depending on type and (possibly) rarity.

This is based on CBT2 level 20, I haven't started CBT3 yet, so I haven't seen if anything has changed.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Not a fan of berserker, attack animation locks you into stepping forward and half its abilities are designed to do more damage based on how much life you are missing and healers are going to keep you topped off.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    It looks cool but I've had so many bad experiences with kmmos.
    All of them have horrible texture pop in issues. BDO was so bad I couldn't even play it for more than 10 minutes.

The Assassin feels like a better class than berserker, my only gripe is when it throws blades there is this weird backward hop that doesn't seem to always hop the same distance and has too much air time for such a low hop.

* edit, I found out that the knife throw hop is essential in the assassin class as it gives you the distance you need for a double W forward into your enemy, which gives all of your special attacks a new added bonus, like aoe dmg, increased dmg or stun. So you basically want to be zipping around at all times, zip in, dive through, dive back, kick enemy to face away, slash back, knife hop, zip in, repeat. I haven't even gotten to the air juggle yet but it all feels great for an assassin.

I stand by my review of barbarians, badly designed. Locked into forward movement while attacking is bad and doing more damage with less life is bad as no healer is going to let you stay near death, they will keep you topped off.

I did a little mounted combat but I had just started to dabble really. Crossbow from wolf back but I didn't have enough abilities to make it feel fun yet.

The game is Aion 2, but it can be a bit dull at times.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-06-07 at 07:17 PM.