Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

15 euros for an appearance change is a ripoff tbh

I don't know how it is for other races, but as a human, I can already change my hair style, hair color, facial hair, and face at the barber shop. So the only thing I actually can't change is skin color. And actually I really don't wanna pay 15 euros just to change that. That's like a month of gametime, just to change my skin color.

And you can already change your face, so "it's just a barber shop" isn't even an argument. Why not just throw skin color in there and remove this ridiculous cash grab from the shop?

Because it's an optional service that they can monetize? If you find the change worth it, go nuts. If you don't find it's worth the cost, then live without.

All of the in-game services are a ripoff.

I like to view the costs as a pseudo cooldown to ensure a community continuity which Blizzard can make money off of.

Deleted
    Vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Maybe Blizzard will reconsider it at some point.

That said, I am not too bothered by it.

Deleted
    What's so important about skin color?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's so important about skin color?
    Ask Americans.

ZING!

10+ Year Old Account
    So don't use it then? I'm sure there are a few people out there that have used it before but I think most of them feel the same way that you do. You can already change almost every aspect of your character's appearance through the barbershop so for most people the appearance change is pointless, unless you are super picky/particular (or are a hardcore RPer). Blizzard has no reason to remove it because it's already been implemented and requires no upkeep/running costs.

You weren't able to change your character's face at the barbershop prior to the WoD pre-patch, btw. The barbershop came out with WotLK, so for three expansions or so the paid appearance change was a little more "worth it" in terms of the cost than it is now.

Deleted
    isnt it:

5eu for name change
    8eu for apperance/gender change
    15eu for race change

been a while since i used though so memory might be foggy.

edit:

damn it's:

8eu - name change
    15eu - apperance change
    20eu - race change / char transfer
    25eu - faction change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Then don't use it.
    Problem solved!
    i used transformation toys and copious amounts of transfmorphic tinctures for 3 months before i cba anymore and bouth apperance change :P
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-22 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    You are 100% correct, it's nothing more than a rip-off. I'm pretty sure that with currently technology they could easily add both appearance and gender changes to the barbershop.

Personally, I'm on the ship that everything outside of server transfers and vanity mounts/pets should be included with your monthly sub, just with a cooldown similar to restoring a deleted toon.

Appearance change shouldn't still be a thing, just put skin color changing in the barbershop.
    Now gender change, just make that a new service and charge less. Don't see a reason why that shouldn't be a paid service since it's a significant change.

I found it odd that they kept the paid appearance change system in after they added the new models. Before MoP, you couldn't change your face, only your hair color/style/piercings (or horns) - paying $15 USD to change your name/skin/face/gender wasn't completely unreasonable - it was comparable to other games' services. Now that you can change your face for free, I honestly feel they should just add in a full character creator, increase the gold cost, and change it to name/gender change for $10.

So don't pay for it.

So don't use it.

This is the hardest concept kids have these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should put a gnome/goblin tech booth in each barbershop that can change skin, gender, etc.

Deleted
    So dont pay for it, dont use, make a new toon and for christ dont make a new whiny dimmy cry thread every day

7+ Year Old Account
    "Don't pay for it then"

-"Hey guys, slavery is wrong!"
    -"Then just don't get slaves mate"

^Flawless Logic^

Then don't use it.
    Problem solved!
    Except he wants to change his skin color, there is no reason why that option should be excluded from the barber shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah they should remove face changing from the barber shop, it's breaking my immersion.

I too always go to my barber and tell him: "Today I want to be Asian!"
    Your argument is meaningless, I already said that you can change your face. If you can go to your barber and tell him "Today I wanna have blue eyes instead of green, a bigger nose and thicker lips", you can tell him "I wanna be asian".

Deleted
    All the added value account services are ripoffs. Especially the cosmetic changes. But you can easily choose not to use them.
    However server/faction changes... don't get me started..