Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It does seem like the weather patterns are shifting.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNx9tvCrvv8
    sort of related.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Until people are ready to live simple and off of the land, more in tune with nature, this will never, ever, ever, stop. 7 trillion+ people on this earth, and for some strange r3eason the powers that be want them all in major cities. Plenty of room to spread out and live in the beauty that is nature, but no. Lets cram everyone into concrete jungles because MUH TECKNOLGIES!
    More like...uh...jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    just let america screw the world over abit more , maybe will have a season to invade america some day
    We aren't the biggest polluter in the world anymore. Maybe you should look into what country is wearing gas masks to walk outside in their cities these days.

And I bet if someone looked into the seasons and the calendar I bet there is a shift due to the calendar not lining up due to it be off.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    April, April does what it wants. While there is an undeniable trend going on, you shouldn't mix weather with climate.

Except you can't determine climate without weather, and an area's climate does give clues as to the expected weather.

An arid climate isn't going to have weather like you'd find in a subarctic climate, for instance.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 'el nino' back again where I live so its back to hot all fucking year with big droughts like it was 10 years ago. Will be lucky if 1 day over the next 4 months will be cold enough to wear long pants. Our sun is also increasing in solar activity, I believe it peaks sometime in the 2020's iirc so that will be even more fun.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I've never seen the weather behave exactly the same year after year. While global warming is real, little weird things with weather is hardly an instant confirmation of it. It's anecdotes. You'll need to look at a graph of a much longer timespan.
    But with that said, this winter is only the latest in a long line of increasingly warmer winters. Still, I do expect that because of El Nino, this winter will be an outlier. It'll just be an outlier that appears to (key words, appears to) support global warming.

You are right though, it's not the immediate weather that matters, but the long term trends.
    Putin khuliyo

i like it weather =/= climate/global warming etc. Yes, people all parts of the world report the unusual weather they have, changes over the years and but it is not global people... Relax. It is regional. yes because the world is only that region. MOther of fucking god, everywhere weather is changing globally fuck sake. I dont give a fuck scientifically if its =/= situation. It is changing everywhere in the world. Till i was fourteen we had snow all during the winter in my hometown, then hit a snow storm that destroyed everything in the whole fucking city and never seen the snow again for the last 15 years. But yeah its regional people. It is only in your region. No need to panic. It is not global. Fuck sake christ people. So nothing is wrong when it is happening individually in different regions. It is just weather. Right.

Yeah, I live in NJ and the winter was pretty easy going. Only 1 day where I had to go out and shovel, the rest of the time it either snowed lightly, rained, or was somewhat warm. Definitely a weird winter, but it was over pretty quick and the amount of snow we didn't get was definitely weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Until people are ready to live simple and off of the land, more in tune with nature, this will never, ever, ever, stop. 7 trillion+ people on this earth, and for some strange r3eason the powers that be want them all in major cities. Plenty of room to spread out and live in the beauty that is nature, but no. Lets cram everyone into concrete jungles because MUH TECKNOLGIES!
    7 trillion+, seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/earth-sees-11-record-hot-months-20254

Also for everyone who thinks global warming is just a term used to induce fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's snowing so Climate change is a hoax..
    Human involvement in the climate change is a hoax, not the changes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    just let america screw the world over abit more , maybe will have a season to invade america some day
    Please try, I wouldnt mind my draft being called up for some country foolishly attempting to invade us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Average temperature. Average.
    Yeah, that still means it gets colder in certain regions. Why if it's called global warming. If it was called global warming, it would get warmer in all places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Something's up with the weather.

Its allmost May and its snowing here.
    Last week it was 20 degrees here.
    We didnt have snow all winter.

Its like the seasons are shifting. Anyone else noticeing this?
    Why is a complex weather/eco system not adhering to our time measurement scheme we cobbled together given limited knowledge of the universe you mean?

On the snow question though it seemed for a few years that it was creeping away from the traditional December/January time getting later every year, but the last couple we haven't had any at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Human involvement in the climate change is a hoax, not the changes themselves.
    Right and you explain the unusual rate of global warming with?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    Yeah, that still means it gets colder in certain regions. Why if it's called global warming. If it was called global warming, it would get warmer in all places.
    No. It´s called global warming because the average global temperature is increasing.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No. It´s called global warming because the average global temperature is increasing.
    I seriously doubt that, when we have snow at the end of April.

15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt that, when we have snow at the end of April.
    Well you can ignore the link i´ve posted above and ignore the numbers. That doesn´t change anything.

Having snow at the end of april in one region for a short amount of time doesn´t however deny global warming.

Yes, in my region we used to have really snowy Christmas when I was a child. For the past 8 years though, not a single time was there snow for Christmas. The temperature was always too high for it. On the other hand, we had snow for Easter, something that never happened before. And this year, while not for Easter, snow was there a week before it.

And now the temperatures are really low. Basically around 10 degrees lower than I would expect from this time of year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Having snow at the end of april in one region for a short amount of time doesn´t however deny global warming.
    Global warming means it gets colder. Sure, honey.

Deleted
    It's a media spin to call it global warming in the first place, it's actually called climate change.

15+ Year Old Account
    It´s not getting colder. Seriously, could you at least try to not ignore the global part of global warming? Weather is still happening. You have troubles understanding terms like average, the differences between global and local and basics about weather.