Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Oscars chance for Warcraft

Do you think there is a chance to be nominated for special effects or costumes or anything else? I noticed Robert Kazinsky mentioning the academy awards in the latest Panel and it got me thinking he might be hoping for that. I recall a recent George Lucas interview where he mentioned "I'm too popular for oscars" though special effects or other category might be easier for this kind of films.

The clique of the Academy though is important and I don't know if it would include these people.

Deleted
    Special effects? Maybe. We can't say much until the movie out, surely?
    The official thread is this way, you might get more responses there, though.

LOL, is this a serious question

Marvel movies don't even get attention from the Academy, why would Warcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Not the kind of film that gets considered for such awards.

Highly unlikely.

A Warcraft film isn't the kind of film that gets an Oscar.

Deleted
    It's not impossible, it could be nominated for the technical awards (effects, music, editing, etc). But all depends on the critics reception of the movie.

Are people reading the post, or only the title..? Of course it's not gonna win any of the Best Picture/Acting/Script awards but a special effect prize? I don't think a nomination is unlikely. Avengers and the Force Awakens got a nomination for that as well. Depends on the competitors though..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    Special effects? Maybe. We can't say much until the movie out, surely?
    The official thread is this way, you might get more responses there, though.
    Oh, that's surprising, I never thought it would be Off Topic in a website dedicated to Warcraft.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Oh, that's surprising, I never thought it would be Off Topic in a website dedicated to Warcraft.
    It would be cool if there was a temporary subforum for it like with Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    It would be cool if there was a temporary subforum for it like with Legion.
    Yes, it probably needs a subforum since when the movie is approaching people will want to discuss it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Yes, it probably needs a subforum since when the movie is approaching people will want to discuss it a lot.
    It won't need a subforum.

Mark my words.

The movie is not that interesting (I am trying to be polite here).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Marvel movies don't even get attention from the Academy, why would Warcraft?
    They get loads of attention for the award for special effects, did you miss the past 3-4 Oscars or? They get nominated for special effects essentially every year. Winning them is a different question, but they're noticed and considered for the Oscar.

I don't see why Warcraft won't get any special considerations for something like Sound/Lightning/Special Effects etc... I really doubt they will be getting any best male role type nominations, not basing that off of fact just a hunch!

nope 10/chars nopey nope

10+ Year Old Account
    For special effects i really doubt it. There higher standards than just pretty pixels when it comes to it.
    For costumes, theres a slight chance they get a nomination depending on quality of other films this year.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings trilogy won many oscars

FUCKING NARNIA won 1

and people saying Warcraft wont win any? ok lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They'll definitely get nominated with the special effects they have on display. The jury's still out on whether they'll win one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Not the kind of film that gets considered for such awards.
    Pretty much this.

Sure, the Lord of the Rings Movies won 12 (I Think?) Oscars. Generally Fantasy Movies dont get nominated for Oscars.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar