Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    if its gonna be 4k gaming dont u need a 4k tv aswell?
    you would indeed need a 4k display but the specs of the ps4.5 is nowhere close to the "4k gaming" mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    This. But staying on topic, if you really must have a PS4, buy one now only if you have no interest or don't have the needed hardware to enjoy 4k (which still remains to be seen if a console will be able to output that in 2016 and at what framerate or price).

- - - Updated - - -

If you wanna see the game at 4k yes. If you're asking if it would be possible to play on a regular 1080p screen, you can, but it would be a waste of money on the console.
    It does not, I repeat it does not play games in 4k. It will play games at 1080p solid. No more 720-900p 30fps bs. The 4k is only for video playback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The reason console games are so expensive is because the systems themselves are usually sold at very low profit margins, sometimes even at a loss to the manufacturer*. All of the profit comes from the games themselves, which is why those price tags are creeping ever closer to the $70.00 mark
    I still don't get this argument.

Look at any new game and it's often the same price on console or PC when they release. Sure, you'll find sales down the road, but then again I bought half a dozen PS4 games last Black Friday at $5 to $30, some of which weren't that old.

And I've yet to see a game for $70 on a console. Sure, some sucker you with price mark ups for season passes, but the base games are always still $60, or in some cases $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And I've yet to see a game for $70 on a console. Sure, some sucker you with price mark ups for season passes, but the base games are always still $60, or in some cases $50.
    Some Nintendo/SNES/N64 games sold for upwards of $90 : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some Nintendo/SNES/N64 games sold for upwards of $90 : P
    Star Fox 64 with the rumble pack was worth every dime, dangit!

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    It does not, I repeat it does not play games in 4k. It will play games at 1080p solid. No more 720-900p 30fps bs. The 4k is only for video playback.

I still don't get why you'd want to buy this when I can get more bang for the buck or add the funds that you'd use buy a console to a computer. Still be able to do all you could with the console plus more with a PC.

The only thing that you can do with a console that you can't do with a computer is play exclusive console games. Or am I wrong?

But, but.... UNCHARTED 4!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I still don't get why you'd want to buy this when I can get more bang for the buck or add the funds that you'd use buy a console to a computer. Still be able to do all you could with the console plus more with a PC.

The only thing that you can do with a console that you can't do with a computer is play exclusive console games. Or am I wrong?
    Yeah consoles are not my cup of tea. I prefer the freedom of being able to adjust my games to my optimal settings and use the peripherals I choose.

Some people just want a box they can plug in, run system updates on, download and install a game and... why are these guy playing console. It's pretty much just a shitty version of a PC with limited functionality. Oh well. It's not my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If this is true, I'd wait regardless for the inevitable price drop of the base system :P
    Don't bank on that.

Alright, final warning, let's not go down the PC vs. Console/PC gaming mustard face road, it's not appropriate for this thread and rarely appropriate for the forum in general. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    This. I know I am going to buy one for this game, trying to find the cheapest price at the moment. Its all shitty bundle packs I dont want!
    If you don't want any of the other availible bundled games at $350... which would be $410 with UC4 then just get this... http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-50...d+4+ps4+bundle