Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im not sure what this will do. If they shut down Nostalrius, we will just move from one private server to the next. They can't close every private server in every country. They just attacked Nost since they knew they could(it's situated in French). Also the server owners were Blizz fanboys. A TBC server that has had 25-ish players for a year recently got a surge of thousand+, and another Vanilla server is so full it's starting another server.

Also pristine realms are a concept I have been thinking about as well, while they would be great, im not sure they would satisfy the urge. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and cata+ zones(and dungeons) are boring. Also, the populations would be dispersed across all the expansions lol. But hey, setting a few of them for their non-nostalgic players probably wouldn't be bad.

Edit: Also, with their reluctancy to set up serers, they essentially want people to buy their expansions instead of playing Vanilla and never caring about any expansion sets ever.
    Last edited by mmoc397e28de05; 2016-04-26 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I doubt that they would know themselves, but they would have to know that if they chose wrong then who knows..
    From what I can gather 1.12 is most popular by miles (of the Vanilla patches); but a lot of pirate servers stagger the content releases (so yeah, you're facing Rag in MC with 1.12 talents/gear).

Nostalrius when it started, as an example, used to 1.4 (1.6 maybe) loot so a lot of the blues were greens and more boss greens were white items (Seal of Wrynn from the DM/Stockades quest was like, a green +2Sta, +4Spirit ring, instead of blue, +3 to str/agi/spi, +4 int/sta). They also removed items from the PvP vendors as they hadn't been introduced during 1.4 (or 1.6 I can't remember) so you couldn't "shortcut" to high level epics. Over time as they released the newer content (I stopped before they released BWL, came back about a week before it closed down) they also unlocked the other stuff that would have come with those patches.

Not ideal, but close enough of a workaround that people don't get too salty.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-04-26 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Offtopic but you'd have to be pretty new at warrior tanking to be relying on the rage from getting hit :P The rage from hitting stuff was adequate to tank up to maybe 4 mobs at a time, which is basically all you were facing unless you were Rambo regarding CC.

I used to hear the complaint a lot when I was raid leading in TBC or running dungeons and stuff. I hear it now (priests asking me if they should use PW:S or not) and yeah, seen little evidence to suggest it makes it difficult, rage from dmg taken was tiny unless you're getting chunked by a boss, and in that case, a bubble won't stop you anyway
    Like I said they have changed a lot since then - I think you mainly got rage from being damaged while in defensive stance.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I have often wondered myself about those in the pro legacy server camp would go, after playing the same version of the game knowing they will never see anything past Naxx 40.. They would never see new content and would not be long before the complaining of nothing to do will rise once again.. I mean people are complaining about having nothing to do on live as it is.. Imagine playing the exact same game you would see nothing change you would never see any new content for the next 10 years..

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that they would know themselves, but they would have to know that if they chose wrong then who knows..
    Exactly. Doing something for Blizzard is an investment. People WON'T be playing the same thing for 10 years. As much as someone may come on here and say something along the lines of "you don't know what other people will or won't do with their time", people are already complaining about lack of content at basically a yearly rate... Content that has already been done won't even last a 1/4 of that time for the majority of people that would even play on a Legacy server. It would be financially irresponsible for Blizzard to do this, which is why even if the devs wanted to, the board that actually runs the show would never let them. Get off your high horse because you played Vanilla and think you're special and want to taste some of that sweet nostalgia. It won't taste good for all that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember getting a two-hander on my paladin, you had to get 4 iirc items all over the azeroth for that. Was really fun. But now i know that spending 3 hours on this quest just to replace this two-hander with the one from deadmines... nope. Also fuck deadwind pass
    Pretty sure Verigan's fist was better that anything in deadlines and lasted up until SM dungeons.

There we go. Good to finally be able to stop this silly discussion about vanilla servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyken View Post
    Pretty sure Verigan's fist was better that anything in deadlines and lasted up until SM dungeons.
    Verigan's fist is WAY better than anything from DM. I just got it last week
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There we go. Good to finally be able to stop this silly discussion about vanilla servers.
    lol, do you think the discussion is going to stop here? because blizzard posted a response? haha, you're wrong, breh

Deleted
    The logical thing to do is to make a couple of vanilla servers that will never go past the last patch and got no services attached.

This should just be in the list of realms and the same WoW sub should be able to acess classic and live. This hopefully ensures some people stay subbed and doesn't compete with live in terms of revenue.

To be honest... i don't foresee these realms beeing popular when a new and good expansion comes out, but i do expect them to keep people subbed during those 1+ year long patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Like I said they have changed a lot since then - I think you mainly got rage from being damaged while in defensive stance.
    You did, and you needed that rage ASAP so you could get the 5 sunders on and not lose aggro to that one fucking hunter or fire mage that would go balls out on the boss before he was even done pulling. Then there was always that one hunter who forgot to dismiss or turn off growl on their pet... (I didn't even bring my pet out, since it would just die and lose happiness and not actually do much of anything)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Props to Blizzard for giving a response. They'll come around one day.

I actually like that idea: a reservation for griefers and grind lovers. They should make them FFAPvP, just for increased "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You didn't always get sent to 30% health, and you didn't always use all your spells and cooldowns.
    Pristine Heroic realm not vanilla man.

"Pristine" servers isn't what people are asking for. I think Blizzard are missing the point. People want to play in the pre-cata world with vanilla systems. Playing the current game minus the group finder and heirlooms won't really change much, people want the real vanilla experience, not an artificial "current but gimped" experience.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner2 View Post
    Im not sure what this will do. If they shut down Nostalrius, we will just move from one private server to the next. They can't close every private server in every country. They just attacked Nost since they knew they could(it's situated in French). Also the server owners were Blizz fanboys. A TBC server that has had 25-ish players for a year recently got a surge of thousands, and another Vanilla server is so full it's starting another server.

Also pristine realms are a concept I have been thinking about as well, while they would be great, im not sure they would satisfy the urge. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and cata+ zones(and dungeons) are boring. Also, the populations would be dispersed across all the expansions lol. But hey, setting a few of them for their non-nostalgic players wouldn't be bad.
    You guys are real freedom fighters.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Very much wishful thinking the pro legacy server camp are like that angry Wolverine once they get a hold they will never let go no matter what they are told..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No, they made a ridiculous proposition which completely miss the point, and that you even think it's remotely what is wanted just prove how you're purposedly blind to the issues.
    There is no issue, though. You have one side who demands a company to run an old product. The company is bound to service it, therefor it is in their best to have it be on their term. You have some of the people who complain about a certain thing, and others about the expansion but expecting to make a server just to cater for one expansion is just as ridiculous. A company needs to have a business out of their product as well.

I didn't state what it was people wanted, but their idea does touch some of all of the complaints. They made a compromise on THEIR product to make it SUIT some of the people who signed the spam-petition.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    lol, do you think the discussion is going to stop here? because blizzard posted a response? haha, you're wrong, breh
    Of course not. You people wouldn't even be sated if they gave you legacy servers.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    "Pristine" servers isn't what people are asking for. I think Blizzard are missing the point. People want to play in the pre-cata world with vanilla systems. Playing the current game minus the group finder and heirlooms won't really change much, people want the real vanilla experience, not an artificial "current but gimped" experience.
    Be grateful that they are even entertaining the idea in the first place.. They could of told everyone where to go in a round about way..

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    You don't always get what you want.