Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    I find it funny that no one (in the 4-5 pages I actually read) has mentioned the matter of content. A lot of people bitch and complain that the new xpacs lack a desirable amount of content, and gets stale after 'x' amount of time.....

What exactly do you think will happen if Blizzard released Legacy servers with Vanilla only content? (Rhetorical question, let me answer that one for you!)
    They would bitch and complain (nothing new) that there's not enough content and they need more. Like some have actually said, one thing that made content last so long back then was the lack of knowledge about the content. Now that everyone and their mother knows the fights, at best the content would last a couple of months (and that's being optimistic). What do you think the player base of these servers will expect after 'x' amount of time?? That's right! AN EXPANSION!

Are people seriously suggesting or think that basically re-releasing the game in its entirety will change anything? Blizzard took steps in the development of the game to work with the community (whether you think they did or not, your opinion sucks sometimes too, remember that) in making the game better. People cried about not being able to transfer or play both factions on the same server. This left servers unbalanced in population and/or in unfavorable faction ratios. This made people complain about these problems (understandably... BUT... their complaints lead to this after all). The one common variable we've always had in the existence of this game, is that people will bitch and complain no matter what. "VANILLA WASNT FUN IT TOOK TOO LONG TO DO ANYTHING!" "VANILLA WAS THE BEST AND THE CURRENT GAME SUCKS!"

FIRST AND FOREMOST, Blizzard is, in fact, a business. They have R&D teams that weigh all the pro's and con's of every business decision they make. If the risk too greatly outweighs the reward, chances are they won't take the risk.

It's not a matter of the company's money being more important to people to him, it's a matter of the company's money being most important to the company. They make the decisions on what to do financially, not you. That was the point that person was trying to get across to you. Apparently comprehension is difficult for some of us on the forums.

TL;DR:
    The problems people had with the game before will be there again. Only, this time, people won't be patient and Legacy servers provide no depth or future, unless you expect them to re-release expansions, in which case, brings us right to where we are now. Flawed logic is flawed. Stop thinking your opinion is the most important in reference to Blizzard's financial future.
    Yeah, one must wonder the delusions of self-importance some of these people. In the end it is up the Blizzard if they release Vanilla-server(s) regardless if they can or cannot. Just because we have subscribed doesn't mean that anyone of us have some kind of special status with Blizzard. Some of these posts could be written by the people who thinks that girl/woman is deeply in love with him, just because she smiled at him :P.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Get off your high horse because you played Vanilla and think you're special and want to taste some of that sweet nostalgia. It won't taste good for all that long.
    You think it won't, but it actually will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think you mainly got rage from being damaged while in defensive stance.
    Yeah you got some, and on bosses it could even be more than from your own attacks because bosses usually hit much harder.

But trash mobs just didn't hurt enough, the majority of your rage came from your swings not theirs. Its just people would do shit like change stances to thunderclap mobs which would empty their rage bar from changing stance; instead of spamming demo shout or battle shout to generate AoE threat. Stacking 3 sunders on the main target, so you have 10x the threat you need; but none on a secondary target so it chased the healer. Then moaning that you didn't have the rage to sunder the extra guys...

It was much more an issue of "People didn't know what to do with the rage they received" than "The mechanics prevented them getting enough rage to perform"

I guess it's all a part of the "Vanilla wasn't difficult, people were just bad at the game compared to now" argument (which is entirely valid, and makes it funny seeing people argue that some Vanilla bosses were super difficult. No, people were just awful lol)
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-04-26 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    lol, do you think the discussion is going to stop here? because blizzard posted a response? haha, you're wrong, breh
    I doubt you would be happy even if they did give you legacy servers right now..

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Please enlighten us? Because they're free?
    I personally thought playing vanilla was "for the journey" - the experience of slowly getting there, completing story and zones. Not about the "actual vanilla!, because that stuff is so old and bad. These "pristine servers" seem to be more about the journey, so I thought it fit in quite well.

But you're saying it has to be "pure old vanilla or GTFO"? Why's that?
    Also which patchlevel of vanilla is considered the "purest"?
    It's not about "purity" or "true vanilla".

These pristine servers would still have very linear and straight forward questing experience, with no elite, dungeon or raid quests. Classes would lack some important skills and abilities, and class mechanics would still remain the same.

They have designed WoW around all those "quality of life" features. Removing them doesn't make the game any more social or vanilla-like, it will only make it more annoying for everyone.

I agree vanilla was/is about the journey, but a very important aspect of the journey is a kind of sense of an adventure that doesn't exist in current retail. Zones in retail are like stages in some arcade game, pretty much like in Mass Effect or KotOR games - too much linear story, too little actual gameplay.

You can't get it back by taking away a feature here and there.

Oh god, I just randomly remembered how us hunters had a reputation for rolling on everything and everyone fucking hated us. I would only roll on things that had attack power and/or agi (like those 1h axes from Nefarian, holy balls were those good) but other hunters really did roll on basically fucking everything. There was this one axe from AQ, I think, a 2hander that was really good for warriors, but it had a bit of agi and hunters frequently took it. Then there were weapons with on-hit effects hunters would roll on and people would be like "wtf dude" and they'd be all like "I HAS RAPTOR STRIKE AND COUNTER ATTACK, LITERALLY THE MOST USELESS FUCKING TALENT IN THE GAME".
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    The comment in blue post regarding these 'pristine realms' strongly indicates they don't have a f%!#ing clue why so many people prefer vanilla servers over retail, and what makes it so much better game in many ways.

Is this really the same company that used to make such awesome and excellent games in past decade?
    they have perfect clue the problem most of this forums population is clearly retarded and after reading those few sentences they think blizzard will introduce something completly new when in fact what they will get will be exackly the same version of retail gutted out of all convinince stuff - most of those idiots would rush in there but very quick they will reliase that its exackly the same as retail just anoying like fuck and 90 % of them will quit it by the time they will hit 30-40 due to boredom.

blizard openly said no we will never rlease legacy servers yet those imbecilies think that pristine servers would be some sort of legacy - it wouldnt it would be just annoying grind not leading to anywhere just a stupid easier copy of iron man chalenge.

Could tune all the damage/healing (incoming/outgoing) to be % based instead of hard numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    It's not about "purity" or "true vanilla".

These pristine servers would still have very linear and straight forward questing experience, with no elite, dungeon or raid quests. Classes would lack some important skills and abilities, and class mechanics would still remain the same.

They have designed WoW around all those "quality of life" features. Removing them doesn't make the game any more social or vanilla-like, it will only make it more annoying for everyone.

I agree vanilla was/is about the journey, but a very important aspect of the journey is a kind of sense of an adventure that doesn't exist in current retail. Zones in retail are like stages in some arcade game, pretty much like in Mass Effect or KotOR games - too much linear story, too little actual gameplay.

You can't get it back by taking away a feature here and there.
    I'll post it here, feel free to bump it up now and again.

while i expect the final answer to still be no.

thank you Blizzard for acknowledging the entire issue

Why are people saying yes to pristine servers? It is literally gonna be the same as live, just slower boring leveling.... YAY!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I doubt you would be happy even if they did give you legacy servers right now..
    lol if they announced blizzard servers i would be ecstatic, its just something that cannot be described.

I am the person who started off the whole vanilla trend on this forum and made nostalrius get more exposure, initially most people hated the idea of legacy and vanilla, but now the tide is turning and more than half of the people i have spoken to are starting to side with me. its even got to the point where blizzard themselves have commented on the situation.

im not saying i was the first person to talk about legacy but most of my topics about vanilla on this forum have always been large debates and most people where against the idea, but now half of the people in legacy threads are for legacy servers and half are against it
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-04-26 at 12:06 PM.

I am the person who started off the whole vanilla trend on this forum and made nostalrius get more exposure, initially most people hated the idea of legacy and vanilla, but now the tide is turning and more than half of the people i have spoken to are starting to side with me. its even got to the point where blizzard themselves have commented on the situation.
    Eaasy now...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    while i expect the final answer to still be no.

thank you Blizzard for acknowledging the entire issue
    It's impossible for it to be no at this point. Legacy servers might not come to be, but a middle ground can be achieved. Pristine servers definitely won't be accepted by the Legacy crowd, but it's an amazing beginning of what I personally hope to be a respectful, two-sided discussion.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I am the person who started off the whole vanilla trend on this forum and made nostalrius get more exposure
    So what you're saying is... you're the reason Nostralius got shut down. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN. You've been your own villain all along. What an M. Night Shamallamadingdong twist.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    thats exactly what should happen, to repay them for there love for the game and the simple desire to give us all the thing we wanted most, they actually deserve it
    Really? Blizzard should reward people that wantonly, loudly and very belligerently tried to fuck them? I think not. If there was so much 'love for the game' why not approach Blizzard BEFOREHAND instead and make the proposal... I'm sorry, someone that tries to screw me over gets shit on when their time comes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    So what you're saying is... you're the reason Nostralius got shut down. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN. You've been your own villain all along. What an M. Night Shamallamadingdong twist.
    i'm the reason nostalrius got so popular, because i was making threads about vanilla all of the time and people wanted to see what the fuss was about, and i mentioned nostalrius a few times, even though most of my threads got locked my master plan has worked, i will have my vanilla servers, as i have promised all along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Really? Blizzard should reward people that wantonly, loudly and very belligerently tried to fuck them? I think not. If there was so much 'love for the game' why not approach Blizzard BEFOREHAND instead and make the proposal... I'm sorry, someone that tries to screw me over gets shit on when their time comes.
    Because people haven't been asking for legacy servers ever since TBC?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Really? Blizzard should reward people that wantonly, loudly and very belligerently tried to fuck them?
    Is this your opinion on the players as well as the "devs" on Nostalrius?

I don't know that the players were "wantonly, loudly and very belligerently trying to fuck them", but I guess one could see it that way.

(Just posted this in a thread which got closed while I wrote my post ... so I'll post it again here.)

I would be excited to try out a Vanilla server and level a character to 60 in the super old school way, because I didn't play during Vanilla. Just to see what it was like, to get the "original authentic experience".

But I probably wouldn't keep playing on such a realm. However, there's a good chance I would keep playing on a WotLK realm. Cause that's the area when I started playing WoW, and I just loved almost everything about it. Especially Northrend, Dalaran (excited to see the Legion version, obviously!!) and the imminent threat of the Lich King, who I still perceive to be the coolest (hah!) villain.
    Would I miss some new features, like being able to play as a Gnome Priest, or Transmog, or pet battles, or some new spells? Sure, but I think that would be cancelled out by other bonuses, like still having some of the now removed spells, getting to see the old, now-destroyed parts of the world again, and so on.

Not sure whether it would be profitable to have a private server of each "era". Maybe only of Vanilla, BC and WotLK, since they seem to be the most popular. I personally also had a pretty good time in Cata and MoP, but I don't think there would be a lot of people who would want to play on legacy servers for those expansions. (I personally think MoP > Cata >>> WoD, I just played a lot more in Cata because I had more time back then).

Pristine servers sound good to me, except for the part about no group finder. But I'd probably still try it out. I really enjoy leveling (see my signature :P ), so.

edit: I should add that I wouldn't play exclusively on a WotLK server, but occasionally. Just like I switch between RP and non-RP servers, and switch between Alliance and Horde. I like seeing different kinds of experiences in WoW.