Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I understand why they can't(wont, if we're being honest) license out for private servers. What I don't understand is how a pristine server would solve the issues legacy advocates have with the current retail game aside(Looking For X and cross realm aside). If people desire to play legacy servers because content lasted longer, or because raiding was a lesser percentage of end game compared to now, how then would a pristine server solve that problem? You're still doing current expansion content. Raiding would take up just as much 'space' on pristine servers as it does on live. World PVP would most likely be just as dead as it is now. It's pretty self defeating, I don't see the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Blizzard: here is an olive branch
    Small % of community who wants this: fuck you, its not good enough

Years later:
    Blizzard: here is a vanilla server
    what little community that remains in a few months: where the fuck is TBC!?
    what little community that remains: FIX THE GOD DAMN BUGS BLIZZARD!
    what little community that remains: where is Wrath?!? BUGS, OP racials wtf, horrible service
    Absolutely this

like i'm genuinely curious as to why everyone would want an old, ugly, buggy version of the game when we have a perfectly good new, ugly, buggy version of the game now :/?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    What easymode about the game? I was pushing heroic LK 25, short of three fights in ICC the game wasn't that hard, hell i'll go unpopular opinion. Some of the LFR fights in HFC are harder than Heroic ICC 25 and hard mode Ulduar, cause it actually involves mechanics and just not numerical difficulty.
    I'm not just talking about raids. As a matter of fact.. I'm mostly talking about the things other than raids. Dungeons, questing, maximizing gear. etc etc etc
    I LIKED having to enchant/socket every new upgrade. I LIKED having to grind dungeons for raid upgrades for several months without them ever going obsolete. (No.. valor doesn't do that now. You literally do 2 dungeons and you have enough to sort your upgrade.)

The game simply doesn't put you to work anymore.. with anything. You steamroll through dungeons and you get instant rewards.

I personally think cataclysm got it right at first. They made you grind reps for enchants. You still needed to max your professions for the bonusses. You had to do pretty much all the levelling content to reach max level (without exp bonusses). Dungeons were challenging at first untill they nerfed them (RIP). They didn't really offer any consequent rewards anymore though so they did become obsolete after a while.

But then servers started to get empty because of the LFG tool and everyone just camped in the cities 24/7.
    People started transferring off servers to find what they had lost. Only to find that other servers were no better.

But when you transfer you check which side is dominant.. Which got us the 1:0.01 server balances we have today.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2016-04-26 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What fucking proof do you need? They make hundreds of millions of month. There's articles everywhere on the internet.

The funny thing is they're using the money from wow to make other games instead of making wow better. Why do you trust this company so much again?
    Man a hundred million a month in Profit alone? it is a good thing i invest in Blizzard then, they are obviously a very very well off company with money to spend on vacations and hookers, praise be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    How many of the people sitting in their garrisons with active subs bored out of their mind would just roll a toon on a classic server?
    I can ask questions we don't know the answers to, too.
    I would also pay to go to a museum, if only to satisfy my curiosity, only once though. Museums must drum up a metric ton of activity with that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Man a hundred million a month in Profit alone?
    $15 a month, lets be generous and say 4million subscribers. then factor in realm xfers/faction changes etc.

you dont need to be a mathamagician to work out that they are making significant profits. the operating expenses can't be that big.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    im a warlock why cant i pve?
    Im a warrior i dont wanna tank!
    You are pretty misinformed. Warlocks are great in vanilla pve and warrior dps is very good too. More like I want to tank but I'm not a warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedpixel View Post
    I complained about it. Flying should only be available in content once the content is not relevant. I said it in Wotlk, cata, and mop, you should not be able to fly in a continent until the expansion is over. I still believe this. I think having people on the ground is just better for the game. I don't support a lot of what Blizzard does lately, but the choice to not have flying accessible until later in the expansion is one I am behind.
    That's fine, and like I said I myself find merit in their reasons for NOT including it in WoD.

That is still a far cry from the community vocalizing their concerns and having to removed as a result. In fact the immediate NEGATIVE feedback for the exclusion of flying in WoD pretty much debunks that fallacy altogether. A handful of you may have thought it... the majority certainly never requested that flying be removed for the sake of immersion. So cite that or stop posting blatant lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I'm not just talking about raids. As a matter of fact.. I'm mostly talking about the things other than raids. Dungeons, questing, maximizing gear. etc etc etc
    I LIKED having to enchant/socket every new upgrade. I LIKED having to grind dungeons for raid upgrades for several months without them ever going obsolete. (No.. valor doesn't do that now. You literally do 2 dungeons and you have enough to sort your upgrade.)
    But none of this contributes to the difficulty of the game, this is all grind. Did you do the Cata Heroic Dungeons? I did, i healed them, they were hard once, after that you learned which mobs had to be CCed, which mobs to stun and where to use your CD's. After that it was tedious to me, cause i know the pattern and i knew how to counter it.

I will concede that Gem's are a lot more fun and i'd rather they brought back Meta-gems cause they were genuinely fun.

The game simply doesn't put you to work anymore.. with anything. You steamroll through dungeons and you get instant rewards.
    I'm curious, have you done pet battling? The progression, the meta gaming and strategy involved has all the things you want, but it's one of the most under-used features in the game. I think WoD has huge issues and they took accessibility way to far, but accessibility itself isn't the issue, as we saw with 5.4 a patch universally loved, until it ran on to long.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grind keeps people busy and in the world. It's necessary for a healthy game.

And Cata dungeons never became tedious to me. But that could be to do with the fact I had 8 max levels during that expansion.
    Now I have 2,5.

I'm curious, have you done pet battling? The progression, the meta gaming and strategy involved has all the things you want, but it's one of the most under-used features in the game. I think WoD has huge issues and they took accessibility way to far, but accessibility itself isn't the issue, as we saw with 5.4 a patch universally loved, until it ran on to long.
    Pet battles are just not exciting. That's not what I'm playing this game for.

If I want to play pokémon. I'll go play pokémon.

And what kind of player interaction do you get from pet battles? Like who even takes that shit serious..
    You can't compare pet battling to playing with or against other players directly.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2016-04-26 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    They've opened themselves today for discussion. Give it time, as Blizzard will only close the subject when a middle ground will be achieved through both party. This was just the initial proposition; as they've stated themselves, they're very interested in the feedback we have to give.
    I agree. But this still isnt happening anytime soon.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    I agree. But this still isnt happening anytime soon.
    You couldn't possibly have expected them to release a Blizzard-operated Vanilla server within a month..

Grind keeps people busy and in the world. It's necessary for a healthy game.

And Cata dungeons never became tedious to me. But that could be to do with the fact I had 8 max levels during that expansion.
    Now I have 2,5.

Pet battles are just not exciting. That's not what I'm playing this game for.

If I want to play pokémon. I'll go play pokémon.

And what kind of player interaction do you get from pet battles? Like who even takes that shit serious..
    You can't compare pet battling to playing with or against other players directly.
    Ok but they offer all the things that you want, difficulty, progression, strategy and depth.

Also do you consider Mythic HFC to be easy? Would you say that Mythic Archimonde is an easy fight? Cause raiding Heroic LK and Heroic/Mythic garrosh I can just look at Archimonde and tell you the mechanics alone are harder than anything ever put in the game before, short of Yogg 0 lights, which to this day is the hardest fight they've put in the game and i suspect will be the hardest fight they ever put in the game.

Again are you arguing for Mechanical difficulty or Numerical Difficulty where you have to grind out gear for months, sometimes years.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also do you consider Mythic HFC to be easy? Would you say that Mythic Archimonde is an easy fight?
    to be fair, weakauras and valor ilvl buffs have made mythic hfc trivial now, compared to 0lights as per your example. i dont think its a fair comparison.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    to be fair, weakauras and valor ilvl buffs have made mythic hfc trivial now, compared to 0lights as per your example. i dont think its a fair comparison.
    Ok but saying addon's make the game easier isn't really fair. Play the game without addons. Hell when i got bored of LK and Garrosh, when i did them i turned off all my raid addons, so I could become more immersed and add a level of difficulty to the content. Except for addons that help me heal, when needed. I do the same thing with PvP, if i ever want a real challenge I turn off all my PvP addons and jump into Skirmish mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to be kept occupied most of all. Send into the outter world. I don't have much of an opinion towards raid instance difficulty mechanics wise in itself.
    I don't find it too hard, and I'd probably like progressing on it a little longer. But it's not that big a deal to me personally.

What is far more important is that we get the life back into the world.

People need to be kept occupied most of all. Send into the outter world. I don't have much of an opinion towards raid instance difficulty mechanics wise in itself.
    I don't find it too hard, and I'd probably like progressing on it a little longer. But it's not that big a deal to me personally.

What is far more important is that we get the life back into the world.
    I absolutely agree with you, WoD has zero worth while world content and no solo content. That's why Legion seems exciting, they're trying to push you into doing world quests and group content with people out in the world, even you have to concede that's a push in the right idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah. Such a great challenge to do vanilla servers when fucking people in their basements can do it for free. It's not like they have a few billion in cash reserves or anything.
    it's almost like they're developing new content for legion or something. weird
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely agree with you, WoD has zero worth while world content and no solo content. That's why Legion seems exciting, they're trying to push you into doing world quests and group content with people out in the world, even you have to concede that's a push in the right idea.
    I don't really experience it that way on the Alpha tbh.
    They just need to bring back the grinds.

Honestly.. I REALLY wish they'd roll back to the old gemming and enchanting model. As well as bonuses per profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    $15 a month, lets be generous and say 4million subscribers. then factor in realm xfers/faction changes etc.

you dont need to be a mathamagician to work out that they are making significant profits. the operating expenses can't be that big.
    Operating expenses are pretty big, not to mention how much their employees get paid, then you are talking about Building costs because they are in California, thus expensive as shit, then you are talking development costs of other games (Given that they don't only make WoW). They make a lot of money, but they aren't swimming in it.

I don't really experience it that way on the Alpha tbh.
    They just need to bring back the grinds.
    I don't have Alpha access so I can't really comment. Though i'll make the counter argument that the Alpha population is just to small for any sense of community, world content, especially world quest bosses will be more fun with your guild mates and friends, do you not agree?

Honestly.. I REALLY wish they'd roll back to the old gemming and enchanting model. As well as bonuses per profession.
    I absolutely agree, it adds depth to the game, not just because I'm a JC/Enchanter on my main. I leveled mining and herbalism this expac and was very disappointed to see they took out the bonuses, it made me feel sad for the game. Like i said, I miss meta-gems they were genuinely fun and added depth to the game.