Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why don't you understand that they would have to spend thousands just to maintain the servers. Add to that the costs and resources poured into bringing up the older servers so they can Function with the new bnet client. You cannot measure the resources needed Just in money. You need to look at the time needed to get them to work and the manpower needed to run and maintain them.

None of those pirate servers operate and function with the current Bnet launcher.
    You havnt heard that Blizzard is integrating other old games into the launcher? You know - the games that has a one time fee and zero potential for profit? Same with them having devs working and releasing content for Diablo 2 many, many years after its prime?

Do realize that Blizzard does not have to make cash directly out of every project they do - maintaining their reputation is very important for Blizzards future.

With Classic servers they would easily be able to earn a profit - while keeping their community of diehard fans happy. And I am pretty sure that it is only a matter of time before they actually do it - even their new post is showing a clear change of direction from the "NO" - the a "we want to, but its not that easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    800,000+ accounts =/= nearly 1 million people. Lol
    Exactly. I believe the official numbers were around 150k 'active' accounts. Don't know what their criteria is for being active but it's a fraction of their total account base for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    With version control tools, you keep automatic backups from point zero.
    Except you don't keep everything from the start of time because this isn't some indie project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well this means some1 else will make a new private vanila server after reading this.

Pristine realm sound pretty much vanila wow + all updates (yeh even the lfr). And this is where problem lies.
    Well he said that group finder wouldn't exist on those realms, which probably means that LFR would be gone as well and CRZ would also be disabled on those realms. I think it's a good idea. Now they just need to fix the leveling process so you don't outlevel a zone before you're done with it and remove one raid difficulty and things will be much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thats not proof thats opinion at best.

I want proof, Give me proof there high is better then a low pop server for blizzard, Give me proof that lots would pay $15 a month and give me proof its easy for blizzard to do.

If you can't do any of that then you can't backup your argument and you have lost this.
    You know noone can prove that at this point, why even ask? There is no winning or losing this discussion. the pro-legacy side will just keep trying to get more support (which has overwhelmingly risen the past few weeks) in the hopes that Blizzard will see enough of a potential market to warrant the legacy servers.

Until then, we'll play on other private servers. I would prefer blizzard to create one, myself, because contrary to popular belief, I do want to pay Blizzard for their work. I just don't think WoD, or Legion from what I've seen so far, is worth the cost.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's not an opinion. If there is no raiding population on a server then there can't be 15000 people on that server. It's low pop for a reason.

Anyway. I never said it would make them money. I don't give a shit if it makes them money. They have so much money they're set for the rest of their days. They should spend that money to make gamers happy because clearly people aren't with them hoarding it for themselves to appease stock holders.
    Welfare video gamer. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except you don't keep everything from the start of time because this isn't some indie project.
    Except you absolutely do keep everything from the start precisely because it's not some indie project. Especially when it happens automatically.

Where do you even get this crap? You have no idea what you are talking about.

All these people seriously talking about wanting pristine realms are either trolls or fucking idiots.

The only thing pristine realms will do is take shit away and change things slightly. AT BEST we're talking about making mounts available at 40 and 60 again, removing flying, removing dungeon que, lowering gold, lowering exp and rep gains, raising enemy damage, lowering player damage, and changing drop rates.

Don't you get it? You can't just remove shit and have a vanilla experience. They completely changed things in the game that are not reversible like all the deathwing stuff, all the moves and spells, ETC. They removed things from the game and they won't be adding those things back in, they'll only be removing some things they added... That's not what we want at all.. You can't make the game fun again by removing certain mistakes, we're beyond that point.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Except you absolutely do keep everything from the start precisely because it's not some indie project. Especially when it happens automatically.

Where do you even get this crap? You have no idea what you are talking about.
    I know it's automatic. You clear it redundant parts and don't keep the same code for 20 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    It's funny that Pristine servers are being blasted here while it provides an answer to every major ounce of criticism that has been posted recently and the main reasons why people here engage in a massive, feral legacy server circle jerk.

Keep on trolling.

"WE DEMAND ANSWERS"
    -Get's answers...
    "WE DON'T LIKE THE ANSWER!!!"

waste of time to post this from them, people will just misread everything said, should of just let the hype die over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tpc View Post
    You havnt heard that Blizzard is integrating other old games into the launcher? You know - the games that has a one time fee and zero potential for profit? Same with them having devs working and releasing content for Diablo 2 many, many years after its prime?
    You know what that game Doesn't need? A full roster of Devs to maintain it and GMs to police it. Know what else it doesn't need? People to answer the tickets and a Ton of bug fixes. You know what else it Also doesn't do? Constantly cost them money because, get this, They are not paying people to maintain it!!!

See where I am getting at? A server needing people and constant money being poured into it is no where near the same as a one time payment for a game that wont require constant management and money spent on it.

You're trying to incorrectly compare the costs of an MMO to a single player, offline RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Deleted
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    "WE DEMAND ANSWERS"
    -Get's answers...
    "WE DON'T LIKE THE ANSWER!!!"

waste of time to post this from them, people will just misread everything said, should of just let the hype die over time.
    Its not that they don't like them, they are saying they are lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Do you seriously believe it was this many people online the day before they said they were shutting down the server?
    You would have been surprised how many there was hanging around in main capitals during primetime.. Obviously not like the videos, but it was so active & made a true immersive experience.

Best part however was that there was always people everywhere in the world. A true MMORPG feeling, where you meet randoms everywhere you go and the world was truly alive.

The state of retail wow is just sad. I mean sure there are alot more playing it, but it is based around soloplay and flying around in a deserted world. Need gold? Just stand in your desolated garrison clicking buttons like its a bad facebook game..

So "if" they went with Pristine server. Private server people will never be happy. No cross realm, no group finder, slow leveling,etc. Private server people says all of those QoL features is what ruined the game, yet we all know they will complain about it. Even trying to please these people will blow up in Blizzard's face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    I think this is partly true! You get offered something for free of course you're going to take it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I know it's automatic. You clear it redundant parts and don't keep the same code for 20 years.
    The 20 years old code is automatically archived, you don't throw it away. If you ever want to purge some of it to reduce the size of the repository, you do a full backup first. There are no redundant parts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a response.

I'm so happy that at the very least Blizzard is listening

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend Money in Connecting EU and US instead, so i can play with friends overseas.