Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I don't care about pristine, that alone is not enough.

This right here, is bullshit. If a bunch of people who doesn't work for blizz can do a great job, I'm pretty sure blizz, with all their resources, can easily do that. Maybe they forgot they are an entertainment company, and sometimes you should go a different path just to make your customers happy, even if it means a little loss of money at the beginning.
    The problem is that it's not a little loss of money at the beginning. It's a considerable loss of money, always. If they could make money doing it, why wouldn't they? The reality is that this actually would be a hugely significant project from an engineering standpoint. This isn't a private server. An official Blizzard server rolled back to 1.12 is a much different thing than that. Blizzard may have resources, but they are at a disadvantage here in that they can't just roll out some emulated copy of 1.12 and pay like 3 jamokes to keep the thing on the internet and from catching on fire. Especially if they want people to pay 14.99 for it.

The other half of it is that for all of that work, how many people want the thing and for how long? Probably not that many and not that long. You people keep throwing out numbers like 150, 200k...which actually sounds kind of high to me, but the only important voice here is Blizzard. No one knows better than Blizzard what kind of subscribers this thing would need to be practical to get off the ground considering the resources they would have to dump into it. Then you have to ask, if we do all this work, how long are people even going to use it? How long are people going to play 12 year old content? The answer is without a doubt: not long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Do you seriously think that Legion's launch is going to bring back almost peak WoW subs from Wrath?
    You aren't being genuine, are you?
    He types like a 12 year old anyways.

All I want is the Original AV, fun times playing the same match for days summoning icey and the wolfriders for support

I like the idea of a pristine server. While it would be nice to give Naxx 40 another shot, to me the biggest thing I miss from Vanilla is the community. That community was destroyed by cross-realm, server transfers, and shared zones. Having people "stuck" on the same realm again means you have to care about your reputation. It also means its worth the effort to make friends and find good groups, because its the only way you will conquer the content.

If they enabled it today, I would immediately roll a new toon on it and start leveling. This is coming from someone who has done nothing in game for 3 or 4 months other than get gold from my garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I like the idea of a pristine server. While it would be nice to give Naxx 40 another shot, to me the biggest thing I miss from Vanilla is the community. That community was destroyed by cross-realm, server transfers, and shared zones. Having people "stuck" on the same realm again means you have to care about your reputation. It also means its worth the effort to make friends and find good groups, because its the only way you will conquer the content.

If they enabled it today, I would immediately roll a new toon on it and start leveling. This is coming from someone who has done nothing in game for 3 or 4 months other than get gold from my garrison.
    You realize it wouldn't have Naxx 40 yeah? It would basically be current xpac/content but without the easy mode levelling and tools. So levelling would still be easy and you would still go around destroying quest mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand this whole legacy server thing. I mean, I don't want to create hostility (why do people get so ANGRY on the internet?) I'm just genuinely curious why people are so passionate about the idea.

I mean, it's not like they would launch the server and then continue to release new content for Vanilla and take on a new direction moving forward as if everything post-Vanilla had never happened.

If they brought out a Vanilla-Server it would be stuck in Vanilla forever. Sure, I expect a fair number of people would sign up to begin with, maybe they'd even be willing to pay extra... but how long for? Would that initial burst of nostalgia still be maintained after everyone's been playing for a month? 6 months? A year? 2 years?

I mean, I don't know about some of you guys, but I raided Molten Core and BWL for a couple of years already. I'm not sure what the attraction is in doing that all over again... and certainly not for more than 1-2 clears of it. Even if I did play a Vanilla server, by the time I got to 60, cleared the raids... what else is there to do? Level another character and... do it again? I know there were people back in Vanilla days who never even got to raids and maybe spend like 2-3 years just grinding 5-mans and being happy about getting their next Blue, but if you're one of those people still playing do you think you'd be happy with that again for a couple more years of WoW? The cat's out of the bag a bit on that, it was all new and epic back then but would you really be able to immerse yourself to that extent that it feels the way it used to? Maybe some of you can but I don't imagine that many people would.

I guess maybe if you're a PVP player who would love to spend your time in a Vanilla Vacuum doing old school battlegrounds and stuff forever it might last you a bit longer, but as a PVE player it'd get old kinda fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    Your argument forming skills are that of a 10 year old kid from Tumblr.
    Wow, no need to drop insults dude. I'm just saying, you're really overestimating the situation. The fact you fall back to insults just shows how right I was. Thanks for that though, I guess this is where you get infracted?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about. 150k played on nost. What people played 12 years ago has no relevance here.
    Except the people who didn't know about the private servers to begin with, didn't want to be involved in a legal fiasco, or are current subscribers to WoW and DO want to indulge in the private realms but are worried about repercussions to their retail account if caught somehow.

Subtract from that the people who wouldn't pay for it because they only want it because it's free.

Add to that the several million who no longer play and would subscribe again and pay actual money for that classic experience of a time release server.

I'd wager that's quite a distance from "150k subs".

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Wow, no need to drop insults dude. I'm just saying, you're really overestimating the situation. The fact you fall back to insults just shows how right I was. Thanks for that though, I guess this is where you get infracted?
    Yeah kid, keep thinking you're so right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    In order to do that they'd have to have some sort of income from the legacy servers. Maybe a sub cost of $15 like the regular realms? Only appropriate right. Now that will be the only income for those realms. So how are they going to pay this team? I, as a WoW lover and looking towards the future would be irate if they took funds from live wow to operate a legacy server I wouldn't touch. So they'd have to operate on a different budget where they're getting $15 a month from strictly their legacy subs. Which, if we were generous would equal how many separate subs from live wow? 100,000 you think? 200,000? If it's a separate sub from live wow then I doubt they break 100,000 subs on a legacy server once Legion is out. Just because WoD is awful doesn't mean Legion will be. And with everything I've seen Legion will bring back and keep a lot of players at this point further cutting into those legacy subs.
    Just make it part of the standard-subscription. The Nost-Team stated they they'd work for free, and Blizzard takes money from Live WoW anyway, for other project so there's nothing really different. They took money to make Diablo3, Stacraft2, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, etc... I don't play any of them and as long as taking that cut from live doesn't REALLY hurt Legion, I could care less... If because of that some people are happy Pandas I'm actually very fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kosta View Post
    Except the people who didn't know about the private servers to begin with, didn't want to be involved in a legal fiasco, or are current subscribers to WoW and DO want to indulge in the private realms but are worried about repercussions to their retail account if caught somehow.

Subtract from that the people who wouldn't pay for it because they only want it because it's free.

Add to that the several million who no longer play and would subscribe again and pay actual money for that classic experience of a time release server.

I'd wager that's quite a distance from "150k subs".
    Only 200kish signed the petition. Even if I give you 1m that's still the minority compared to retail. What about this are you having trouble understanding? We the people that pay for current WoW are the majority. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Yeah kid, keep thinking you're so right.
    Again with the insults man, you really don't have a leg to stand on. I guess the millions compared to hundreds of thousands are the minorities Maybe quickly take a minute to look up what the word means man! Either way, you need to settle down, we're not playing League of Legends or spamming /trade.

Deleted
    Only 200kish signed the petition. Even if I give you 1m that's still the minority compared to retail. What about this are you having trouble understanding? We the people that pay for current WoW are the majority. Deal with it.
    Sarcasm: Monk is the least played class? Why are they investing money to make them better?

Quote Originally Posted by Suitup View Post
    The problem is that it's not a little loss of money at the beginning. It's a considerable loss of money, always. If they could make money doing it, why wouldn't they? The reality is that this actually would be a hugely significant project from an engineering standpoint. This isn't a private server. An official Blizzard server rolled back to 1.12 is a much different thing than that. Blizzard may have resources, but they are at a disadvantage here in that they can't just roll out some emulated copy of 1.12 and pay like 3 jamokes to keep the thing on the internet and from catching on fire. Especially if they want people to pay 14.99 for it.

The other half of it is that for all of that work, how many people want the thing and for how long? Probably not that many and not that long. You people keep throwing out numbers like 150, 200k...which actually sounds kind of high to me, but the only important voice here is Blizzard. No one knows better than Blizzard what kind of subscribers this thing would need to be practical to get off the ground considering the resources they would have to dump into it. Then you have to ask, if we do all this work, how long are people even going to use it? How long are people going to play 12 year old content? The answer is without a doubt: not long enough.
    Then they should consider other options to implement, because as I said, it's not like they are a small group with very limited resources.

Most people would play on these legacy servers during times where there's nothing to do, like this WHOLE expansion called WoD, especially now at the end. I see no problem with that.

Again with the insults man, you really don't have a leg to stand on. I guess the millions compared to hundreds of thousands are the minorities Maybe quickly take a minute to look up what the word means man! Either way, you need to settle down, we're not playing League of Legends or spamming /trade.
    For the record, a total of currently 10M unsubbed. I think you underestimate how many people do not like the current game.

His entire post history is him insulting other people - pay no attention to him
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

You're right, you're the majority of 3 million of idiots that remain giving money to Blizzard and polishing their cocks. The smart 9 million of players who actually wanted a good game are long gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 million is a more accurate number. 3 million of idiots who are still supporting a game that another 9 million have already abandoned thanks to how shit it is. YOU are the minority here.

Truth hurts huh?
    You tell me. Making stuff up to back up your claims (like everyone who quit wow at some point did it out of a fervorous wish to play vanilla again) might work with your mummy, but not in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    For the record, a total of currently 10M unsubbed. I think you underestimate how many people do not like the current game.
    Got any numbers to back that up?. Because going back from Wrath-Cata when it peaked at 12 mill and using Q4 as a margin only 6.5 unsubbed between its peak and WoD.

So basically, they want to give us current WoW but slow down the leveling, remove the possibility of server transfers, and remove our ability to pay for a sub with ingame gold.
    Why would literally anyone think this is a good idea? Why is ANYONE being fooled by this?