Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Prestine = current wow just the suffering is 10x times slower

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeiPavlov View Post
    0-information post. They are actually lying. There is no special need to support "classic" realm. Such server should act as "as is was".
    They couldn't SELL something on those grounds, heard of consumer laws?

You playing on pirated/illegal realms is fine, you have no recourse if things go wrong when you're committing crimes. Now pipe down.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Disgusting.....Blizzard used to care about their community and not be so focused on their business model....Sad day for those Fans who have been around from the start....Out with the old in with the new i guess.....I just feel bad for the new generations who wont get to experience what a real MMO is all about. #feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I would be interested in a Pristine Realm such as that. LFD and cross-realm pops have been very taxing on the whole "community" feeling.
    ye and who will play on those servers without those life quality improvmeents ? unless you are a masochist who enjoyed being forced to spam trade for 2 hours in order to form a group

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    you are so right.. i really don't aswell, that they play on vanilla pvers because it's vanilla..

and if blizzard opens vanilla servers you still have to pay... but i'd like tbc servers more than vanilla.. tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Lots of bullshit talk to be honest, and I'll tell you why vanilla or any other previous expansions wont ever happen
    1) They don't want to work on older patches, because it takes much more time compared to current state of the game
    2) If they actually do release something "older" it's literally them saying that their current game sucks, go play older version
    3) No $$$ to be made there with in game purchases

It's all about the money, newer expansions wont be sold cos people would be playing older patches.
    RIP WoW been fun

Actually what you just wrote is bs
    1) Not really. Problem is, that you would have to employ some GM who deal with problems, cheaters etc.. (try imagining wow without support and banning cheaters, and you get diablo on xbox360 where ppl are running with 10M dps rings etc..) And lot of bugs were addressed in later patches, so there would be a lot of security / hack holes
    2) Not really again they would be releasing it because ppl want it. And btw judging by the anniversary molten core, people would stop playing it as fast as they would start. Just because it's too hard or comparing to today's wow. Or more like grindy because there is hard content nowadays too.
    3) Not really again again. You would still have mounts, pets. Tho yea, by then you had to have your mount in your bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Will keep an eye on what their plan is. Prestige realms, I don't know. In all honesty they should implement their idea of 'prestige' into current WoW :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    It is going to happen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    having 40 people in a raid in greens and blues did make it harder?
    and to be ohnest if they were integrated into the same server list we have now and was tied into my sub, yes i would pay for it.

if it was a seperate paid service not tied in with ym Current sub, i probably wouldnt play it.

yes Nostalgia is there, but i woudlnt mind it, and seeing people play it as well, going back and hitting mobs for 1-5 hp at lvl 1, and having 40 health and getting hit for 2-3, it was exciting. now days you jsut deck yourself out and run through shit auto spamming your way to max lvl in 1 day.
    of course it made. Have you ever tried to lead and organize 40 ppl? I saw it in anniversary molten core. All vanilla nostalgers were saying never again after one run...

This isn't going to happen. This blue post was made to shut up the players that were crying about the private server being taken down. There is no money to be had in a "pristine server" and the upkeep would be horrendous.

Not a chance in hell I would ever pay for something like a pristine realm.

The fact of the matter is, the blizzard who made Vanilla WoW is long gone, the current product is a shell of it's former self.

I'm currently playing on a pirvate vanilla server with an extremely high pop, everyquest is scripted and works, every dungeon, every raid, absolutely everything works, if a few guys from europe can manage to run a 15k+ Private server without the millions of dollars blizzard has at their disposal, it purely is about money and making people play the current version over their old versions.

With vanilla servers, they can't charge for Cash shops, leveling boosts, pets, nor can they charge for an expansion to come, this is solely a company protecting their bottom line.

Supply and demand is the cornerstone of capitalism, at the moment, there is a huge demand for the supply, but blizzard won't give it to them because it won't make them as much money as the current product does.

The "Technical" issues line is a joke, they could very very easily create a few isolated servers outside of the official battle.net system and everyone who wants it, could be happy.

Private servers are always going to be the only way to play Vanilla, until WoW is down to around 400-500k subs.

15+ Year Old Account
    This pristine realm stuff sounds stupid. Levelling would still be totally trivial and boring but you could not use some good features like tokens and CRZ? What's the point? I'd pay for BC servers, hell, maybe even LK but anything else is dumb. Vanilla was missing way too much of convenience features and polish, I'd not go back there.

Deleted
    Really can't wait till people pay to play on a Vanilla server, just to find out their class/spec is terrible I mean bringing the general elitist attitude over to classic is actually going to be hilarious. I'm sure we can only imagine the QQ on forums saying X class is OP and X class needs a nerf, where if they stick to the true experience, they most likely won't.

Either way, I'm normally all against bashing Blizzard for dumb shit like this, but I find one of the statements kind of silly. When they go on about making a classic server would be hard work and more or less seemingly impossible to achieve. Yet 30 volunteers managed to keep a fairly popular, active server going for over a year? I would have thought with the billions of dollars + insanely talented individuals working for them they could achieve it VERY easily?

Ah well, I'll happily pay for a vanilla experience for sure, not going to cry if they don't though
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-04-26 at 08:54 AM.

Fair enough! There's your reply. They cannot bring vanilla back from the dead, integrate it into their plattform and maintain it. For a company that spends years and tens of millions of dollars on a game, for then to scrap it because it doesn't come out as good as they wanted it to be, it seems plausible that they have actually tried to meet the (nostalgic) community on this. It's not about the quick cash.
    Mother pus bucket!

Bahahahahaha.

So much for all those petitions. I'm sure Mark Kern will be able to convince Mike Morhaime though. Step one is getting an email back from him to set up a meeting lol.

They aren't going to do vanilla servers. I'll be incredibly shocked if they actually do this Pristine server idea.

The temper tantrum crowd just want vanilla. And they're not going to get it.

It's really sad to see that some people doesn't respect others (in this case Blizzard's) property. I hope this kid's salary will go to other people instead of them, they don't deserve it. You wouldn't let random people do a party in your backyard even if they dont sell tickets for it.

The people voting yes to pristine realms, you do realize that it would be the current version of the game right?

Sounds like absolute garbage. The new game does not work with old game mechanics and the old version doesn't work with new game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    What is this delusion you and some others keep having? Are you perhaps trolling?

If they wanted to play wow for free, there are other private servers out there with much more recent content than Nostalrius had.

I'm not particularly fond of going back to Vanilla, mainly because I've seen most of the content already. A pristine realm with current content progressing differently on the other hand seems very interesting. They'd have to get it and the details about it done right before an expansion launch, though. Not in the midst of it, breaking guilds and what not.

Old player from Vanilla here.
    No, I wouldn't play the "pristine server" nor a true official legacy server.

Why? Yes, I loved Vanilla. I am kinda nostalgic about it, but I also know it was a game from another time. Some mechanics are simply anachronistic now.

Also, I don't have the free time I had when WoW was released back on February 11th 2005. The idea of spending hours getting a simply 5 man group as a DPS is something that would make me quit on the spot, nowadays, because well... 2 hours at night is often the best I can do and if over half of those are spent spamming in a capital city "DPS LFG", well, that's not an engaging evening for sure!

Though I'm not opposed of it, of course, if that's what people wants. I do have the concern that if Blizzard has to maintain both a legacy and a new server, it would slow things up EVEN MORE enlarging the content drought even further. No, that's not going to cut it, sorry. Vanilla was great, but we're not in the past anymore. Let's focus on Legion being GOOD.