Deleted

Two Holy Paladins Viable in HFC?

Good Morning All!

We're currently in a 10/13 Mythic guild on EU-Doomhammer-Horde and have hit a roadblock in regards to recruitment and attendance (Its almost a year into the tier what do you expect) however our current Holy Paladin is refusing to heal with a second holy paladin pug we brought in last night and sunday for farm due to it being "innefficient" and "pointless having two holydins".

My question is therefore, is our holy paladin just being a little spoilt bitch about the healing or is he genuinely right about the setup being lousy. I play a Mistweaver, we have 2 resto druids which one of them is going dps, but currently we're 4 healing things like tyrant/gore/Xul with 4 for safety farm.

I would like some input from the Holy Paladin community as currently I'm only hearing 1 holy paladins opinion and a few others from guild who don't play holy pala.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Well, from my experience it's a waste in a small group but not as much in any 20+ groups. The problems is the beacons kind of just overlapping eachother in smaller groups, if the tank damage is high enough this is unlikely to be the case though. My thought is more on the diva part though, as long as he's the only one no one will notice if he's lacking in execution which becomes way more apparent when you compete against someone of your own class.

Even the paladin mastery is personal so in that regard he can't argue about shields going to waste.

I'm in a 12/13m guild with 2 pallies, its annoying when we both pop devo at the same time, I feel when it's just one of us we have more hps.

Some fights it's really good to have both, and you can tell because we dominate the charts while the other heals are lacking significantly.

Basically, it's not the best, but it isn't the worst, it could be 2 discs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a damn thing wrong with two holy paladins. The only time I ever ran into a problem was trying to two heal council months ago with two pallies. We weren't really completely geared and the aoe damage was real, but other than that, progression and onwards to farm, two paladins caused ZERO (+1) issues. It would seem your paladin either doesn't know what he is doing or is afraid of losing gear to a new paladin recruit that might become better than he is.

In truth having a mix of healers WOULD be ideal just because other class utility spells are nice to have and provide a variety of raid wide healing vs. mitigation*. That being said having 2 pallies is no big deal. Like mentioned the mastery shields are personal so it doesn't matter. I think it is a matter of what Fliida said, it is a lot easier to see if the healer is lacking when he has a doppleganger in the raid doing the same job. Personally I think 2 hpallies are fine. If your paladins know what they are doing they should be beacon swapping and having 2 paladins makes that totally viable like 90% of the time. Essentially pally 1 will beacon tank 1 pally 2 will beacon tank 2 and swapping beacons around will allow the paladins to heal the raid with huge flash of light heals + mastery bubbles. Obviously in some cases they will not be ideal but with beacon swaps (unless they keep healing hte same person) both h-pallies should be dominating the meters ESPECIALLY on farmed content
    Last edited by Ciren; 2016-04-27 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovaldo View Post
    I'm in a 12/13m guild with 2 pallies, its annoying when we both pop devo at the same time.
    All you have to do is setup your CD order for the fight and call them out. Once you've done that enough times everyone just remembers when they use theirs and it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    There isn't a damn thing wrong with two holy paladins. The only time I ever ran into a problem was trying to two heal council months ago with two pallies. We weren't really completely geared and the aoe damage was real, but other than that, progression and onwards to farm, two paladins caused ZERO (+1) issues. It would seem your paladin either doesn't know what he is doing or is afraid of losing gear to a new paladin recruit that might become better than he is.
    Same. We did every Mythic boss except for Kormrok and eventually Archimonde (because we 3-healed those) with two Holy Paladins and had no problems. It makes tank survival pretty brainless when you have two Holy Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    My question is therefore, is our holy paladin just being a little spoilt bitch about the healing or is he genuinely right about the setup being lousy.
    spoilt bitch

actually it can be argued at the start of HFC two holy pallies were part of ideal healing setup, maybe still true for Tyrant
    right now with overgeared tanks you waste some beacon power, so yeah a bit lousy, but it works Fine

source: own experience
    it's just inconvenient from a gameplay standpoint, since whackamole healing, nothing to do with gigantic inefficiency

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    My question is therefore, is our holy paladin just being a little spoilt bitch about the healing or is he genuinely right about the setup being lousy.
    Mostly being spoilt and probably doesn't like seeing himself pulling lower numbers as a result of tanks having double beacon, though the setup could be more optimal its not going to hinder you to the level he seems to be making it out to be. Paladin is super strong and having two will make your tanks practically unkillable, downside is fights like gorefiend where if there's a large amount of raidwide damage you'll need a mistweaver/shaman or something with big AOE to pick up the AOE healing.

Only 11/13 here before we quit, but I can offer a little bit of personal experience with the situation.

We were a couple bosses in on Mythic when my guild decided to recruit another hpally. At the time, I was extremely against it because I thought they were either trying to replace me or thought I wasn't good enough, despite being the best healer in our guild. So I sort of had a similar attitude to your current hpal. However, the addition of the second hpally did wonders for re-igniting my fire/drive to be better. We'd been on the same content for a while, so getting back into theorycrafting and such, just to beat the other paladin, really helped.

Can't say it'd be the same for your paladin, but I think my competitive attitude had a big part in the situation turning out for the better.

Good luck!

Deleted
    We used 2 holy paladins during for all encounters because that was what we got. Surely it does effect your beacon output.

We used 2 holy paladins for mannoroth and achimonde as well, back in november.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2016-05-04 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input guys and girls, our Holy Paladin is definitely "Just being a little bitch"

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to raid with 2 Holy paladins before the upgrade nerf and we got 9/13M i guess they´re strong enough to be competitive with other healers, but we had some troubles when we need a lot of aoe healing.

I find that good players with good gear can get the job done. But ideally, maybe something else would be taken?