Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Couldnt it be interpreted as children with defiant attitudes and mental issues are more likely to be spanked by frustrated parents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I don't mind a child with a defiant attitude. As long as s/he remembers that the parents are calling the shots.

Spanking when a rule gets broken after that first talking to doesn't get through, sets the example for when older when realizing that they are repercussions for breaking the laws in society and which can carry penalties that are far more detrimental to one's mental health than that spanking done at a younger age, which would likely have taught you not to break the rules to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    $11.95 entry fee to look at methodology, outcomes, and the lot. Barring that information, this is about as meaningful as a flashy internet add saying "9 out of 10 men will get bigger dicks with this method! Click here to find out more!" And anyone who puts any merit to this in terms of a scientific approach without having said information is pretty sad. I'll just assume it's typical soft "science" bullshit until demonstrated otherwise.
    Don't worry, The Batman has said that he has full access to the study and has looked over it! He assures us that it's all on the up-and-up!

Of course, he still refuses to prove an ounce of that. Even so much as a single paragraph (which, again, is more than covered by the fair use laws).

Funny how that works, huh? (Of course, now he's going to show up and either 1. show a paragraph he found on Google since it's been around long enough for it to start showing up there, or 2. try to claim he has nothing to prove for whatever asinine reason he comes up with this time. Just you wait.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    Don't worry, The Batman has said that he has full access to the study and has looked over it! He assures us that it's all on the up-and-up!

Of course, he still refuses to prove an ounce of that. Even so much as a single paragraph (which, again, is more than covered by the fair use laws).

Funny how that works, huh? (Of course, now he's going to show up and either 1. show a paragraph he found on Google since it's been around long enough for it to start showing up there, or 2. try to claim he has nothing to prove for whatever asinine reason he comes up with this time. Just you wait.)
    Why would anyone prove anything to you, when your each comment is full of toxic sarcasm, indicating that you aren't even remotely interested in an actual discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why would anyone prove anything to you, when your each comment is full of toxic sarcasm, indicating that you aren't even remotely interested in an actual discussion?
    If you go back to the start of the conversation, you'll find that very much the opposite. I was more than eager to discuss the topic. But the Batman kept showing up, telling everyone we had no idea what we were talking about for he, and he alone, had read -- I'm sorry, "skimmed over" -- the study, which he claimed he had full access to.

Since then, I've simply been asking for him to prove that claim. He hasn't. Instead, he's gone on a campaign of calling everyone else a liar and/or an idiot, all the while doing his damnedest to change the conversation and obfuscate his need to prove that he, himself, isn't the one full of complete and utter bullshit.

You can call it toxic all you like. I'm just not going to back down until he either admits that he's the liar everyone already knows him to be, he shows the proof, or the thread is shut down. No matter how much he tries to backpeddle his way out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    He doesn't believe school VPN's exist. I get the feeling he doesn't even know what a VPN IS.

- - - Updated - - -

If you go back to the start of the conversation, you'll find that very much the opposite. I was more than eager to discuss the topic. But the Batman kept showing up, telling everyone we had no idea what we were talking about for he, and he alone, had read -- I'm sorry, "skimmed over" -- the study, which he claimed he had full access to.

Since then, I've simply been asking for him to prove that claim. He hasn't. Instead, he's gone on a campaign of calling everyone else a liar and/or an idiot, all the while doing his damnedest to change the conversation and obfuscate his need to prove that he, himself, isn't the one full of complete and utter bullshit.

You can call it toxic all you like. I'm just not going to back down until he either admits that he's the liar everyone already knows him to be, he shows the proof, or the thread is shut down. No matter how much he tries to backpeddle his way out of it.
    You made a whole bunch of claims that the study was flawed in tons of different ways and couldn't even show anything for it. So to deflect (since all your claims are complete bullshit) you start expecting me to somehow prove that school VPN's are a thing, when a lot here already know that I'm going back to school for a degree in networking. Who the fuck going to uni doesn't have access to a VPN these days?

Anyway, you made it clear that even if I did prove your claims bullshit, which I did on a couple of occasions, you're just going to deflect even more and make up even more bullshit. You'll never admit it of course, and keep crying that I need to prove something or other to you, and that you don't need to prove anything. Despite, you know, being the first one in this whole thing to make stupid claims and when others call your bluff, you start deflecting.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He doesn't believe school VPN's exist. I get the feeling he doesn't even know what a VPN IS.
    No. He knows. He just also knows you're full of shit about yours (or more correctly, that you even have access to one in the first place).

You made a whole bunch of claims that the study was flawed in tons of different ways and couldn't even show anything for it. So to deflect (since all your claims are complete bullshit) you start expecting me to somehow prove that school VPN's are a thing, when a lot here already know that I'm going back to school for a degree in networking. Who the fuck going to uni doesn't have access to a VPN these days?

Anyway, you made it clear that even if I did prove your claims bullshit, which I did on a couple of occasions, you're just going to deflect even more and make up even more bullshit. You'll never admit it of course, and keep crying that I need to prove something or other to you, and that you don't need to prove anything. Despite, you know, being the first one in this whole thing to make stupid claims and when others call your bluff, you start deflecting.
    Translation: "Blah blah blah! Look at me trying yet again to spin the conversation away from me being the pathetic liar I am! And now this time, I'm stealing someone else's argument in doing so, no matter how wrong that one was, too!"

Still waiting for that proof.

Your bullshit isn't going to fly with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. He knows. He just also knows you're full of shit about yours (or more correctly, that you even have access to one in the first place).
    Apparently people don't go to uni.

I still find it hilarious that you think you know more than a huge team of researchers and the peer review process, and think your challenges that psych 101 students are taught somehow made it past them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

La la la, still waiting for the proof that you have such ready access to via your school's VPN. It's amazing how you still haven't been able to show even a single shred of it. So yes, it's amazing that someone out there doubts you even go to university in the first place, let alone have access to it via the magical powers of your imaginary school's VPN.

Let me be more succinct: Prove it or shut the fuck up.

15+ Year Old Account
    La la la, still waiting for the proof that the scientists didn't think of the elementary "flaws" you pointed out as the first responder. It's amazing how you still haven't been able to show a single shred of it. So yes, it's amazing that someone out there doubts you and is fully basking in the glory of just how right this study is about kids that got spanked, you yourself proving it.

Let me be more succint: Prove it or shut the fuck up.

Translation: "Shit, I really can't prove anything I've said! So I'll continue trying to spin the conversation so that I don't have to prove anything and think I'm actually on top!"

Nope.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently people don't go to uni.

I still find it hilarious that you think you know more than a huge team of researchers and the peer review process, and think your challenges that psych 101 students are taught somehow made it past them.
    The soft science peer review process is a circle jerk echo chamber. PRE is known for making claims that are backed up with 'evidence' hidden behind paywalls where even a cursory glance at the methodology is enough to make most people ROFL.

I mean, ITT you have people who don't even understand the difference between spanking and abuse/beating/assault...people who claim to have been traumatized by a single spanking years(?) ago...people who were spanked and just shrug it off...and yet we are expected to accept a study with such loosely defined perimeters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well check back in with us when you have kids. I'm not saying you will veer from your determined path, I would just be curious if reality of parenting makes you slip up.
    I feel bad for the children of parents who were abused and choose to pass that abuse onto them. It's sad.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: "But I turned out okay!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Translation: "Shit, I really can't prove anything I've said! So I'll continue trying to spin the conversation so that I don't have to prove anything and think I'm actually on top!"

Nope.

Prove it or shut the fuck up.
    Quoth the person who made many many many many many claims he could not back up before I ever said I even had access to the paper.

You do realize that when you make the initial claims, you back them up first. My having access to a VPN is overall irrelevant when you consider you made many claims FOR CERTAIN that you could not back up, and claimed that you were right, without ever providing proof. And when asked over and over and over and over and over to prove it, you eventually started flying off the handle screaming and demanding others back up their claims while never providing one single ounce of proof of your own.

That's what we call dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    ITT: "But I turned out okay!"
    Pretty much.

"I got spanked rigorously by my parents, but look at me, I'm fine!" -Usually someone with bad anger issues and antisocial behavior, who is frequently seen posting in other threads about how other people aren't trustworthy, they NEED guns to defend themselves from boogeymen, people suck, don't trust anyone but yourself, etc.

Quoth the person who made many many many many many claims he could not back up before I ever said I even had access to the paper.
    Blah blah blah. Still waiting for that proof! Come on, man! You have total access to the study through your school's VPN. Is cutting and pasting a paragraph that hard for you? If so, how'd you even get into a university in the first place? The mind boggles!

I'm not going away.

Give the proof or fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    "Proper discipline" is called "Positive Discipline"

If you Google it, you'll find plenty of websites, books and studies for it. Wikipedia has several studies that show 'significant' results.

Here's a webpage that has a guide for each age bracket:

The most important things seems to be-

- No spanking
    - No timeouts
    - No yelling/raised voices
    - No grounding
    - No confiscation of privileges/toys

For example, if your 10 year old didn't get his homework done because he played video games instead, don't say "The next time you don't do your homework, I'm taking away your video games". That's harmful, and causes your child to lose respect for you. Instead, say: "You seemed stressed this morning when you didn't get your homework done. Let's figure out a way together on how to get your homework done next time"

According to the professionals, if you are "kind and firm" and don't punish your children you will never have to because they will respect you and learn self discipline by your examples.
    Holy crap batman....... What's wrong with "If you finish your homework then you can play video games". No X unless you do Y. Its that way in the real world. If you don't go to work. Your boss isn't going to come over and say lets figure out why you didn't come to work and help you figure out a way to get your there.

Sounds like setting up to fail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blah blah blah. Still waiting for that proof! Come on, man! You have total access to the study through your school's VPN. Is cutting and pasting a paragraph that hard for you? If so, how'd you even get into a university in the first place? The mind boggles!

I'm not going away.

Give the proof or fuck off.
    You made a huge number of claims before I ever even mentioned I had a VPN. So we can conclude you're just being dishonest, and you admit you don't know jack shit about the paper and just made a bunch of random wild guesses. It's ok to admit it man, seriously. You can admit you were wrong and you have no clue whatsoever is in the paper.

It's alright, we won't make fun of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I feel bad for the children of parents who were abused and choose to pass that abuse onto them. It's sad.
    Great bait mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Great bait mate.
    I wonder who posts the biggest bait on this site?