Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    You say 200k when even nost says there were 150k? and that's just active accounts, could be that there's a lot of people running multiple accounts as well.
    Not saying there's no interest for legacy and I don't care if Blizzard makes them or not, as long as the main game doesn't suffer from it, but there's so many people who sees the data and draws conclusions too fast.
    I'm just basing it off the petition and leaving in some room for fake numbers. I'm not even counting for all the people like me who don't even care to touch private servers (mostly due to feeling like I probably couldn't get an accurate number anyways). Hell, I didn't even know about Nost till it was shutdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And if you put a ream of paper in a printer and printed every page and set that in a stack. Then put in another ream and did the same thing......

It would not look like that. I've worked in a print center and printed ream after ream after ream, it will not look like that ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagaren View Post
    someone who never played classic wow will never understand.
    http://s32.postimg.org/7u3sdvxxh/wowsub.png

I don't understand and I was there, things got stagnant, just like they do without patches now.

Look. I woudlnt call "vanilla" the games biggest success. It didnt even have the games biggest subs. Yeah lots of folks would love to go back and play that just the into game 1-60 over again but I dont see that holding onto that for very long. It would boom at the get go but people would get bored and leave.

Vanilla for those who PLAYED it was OK. Its not the best thing ever for the game. Not by far. Vanilla was grindy and dull compared to everything in game now for lots of us that played it. The game was not that fun back then up til end game. The end game was great but that was it. The world pvp was ok but was a pain in the ass if you were leveling and all of your quest mobs were dead for hours at a time. Yeah there was a better community but the assholes littered in the game and on these forums would still be assholes on the new server and there goes your community.

Blizzard resources are better off working on the future and not the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    It would not look like that. I've worked in a print center and printed ream after ream after ream, it will not look like that ever.
    Hmm so have I, and I know transporting papers in a ream size box would result in a look like this once taken out and stacked on each other. The guy did several hours of editing. I'm sure this wasn't something overlooked as in "Oh man are they going to notice these are fake".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Look. I woudlnt call "vanilla" the games biggest success. It didnt even have the games biggest subs. Yeah lots of folks would love to go back and play that just the into game 1-60 over again but I dont see that holding onto that for very long. It would boom at the get go but people would get bored and leave.

Vanilla for those who PLAYED it was OK. Its not the best thing ever for the game. Not by far. Vanilla was grindy and dull compared to everything in game now for lots of us that played it. The game was not that fun back then up til end game. The end game was great but that was it. The world pvp was ok but was a pain in the ass if you were leveling and all of your quest mobs were dead for hours at a time. Yeah there was a better community but the assholes littered in the game and on these forums would still be assholes on the new server and there goes your community.

Blizzard resources are better off working on the future and not the past.
    Again, these are personal opinions. My experience was different. I don't want legacy servers for the nostalgia, I can get a nostalgia fix from private servers. But I wan't an official legacy server that I can sink time into. Because for me Vanilla up to WoTLK was a better game than what we have now.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post

I don't understand and I was there, things got stagnant, just like they do without patches now.
    Congrats, you don't have to play on the server. Oh, just going to keep ignoring these comments because they are logical.

Oh boy, another thread pertaining to legacy servers...

At this point there might as well be one sticky thread for all this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I'm just basing it off the petition and leaving in some room for fake numbers. I'm not even counting for all the people like me who don't even care to touch private servers (mostly due to feeling like I probably couldn't get an accurate number anyways). Hell, I didn't even know about Nost till it was shutdown.
    Even on the petition there's most likely a lot of people who sign several times, I mean just look at some of the names. I'm sure there's a lot of interest, but there's currently no reliable data to draw accurate conclusions from.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Again, these are personal opinions. My experience was different. I don't want legacy servers for the nostalgia, I can get a nostalgia fix from private servers. But I wan't an official legacy server that I can sink time into. Because for me Vanilla up to WoTLK was a better game than what we have now.
    As this is a personal opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I just dont see enough of a handhold to be kept to keep a server at high enough capacity to warrant the resources.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Someone that wants to be listened to but doesn't want to listen to the other side is all I see. The stats and numbers have been ran over and over by Blizzard, their is and has been as it always has: No.

This guy is simply a fool that thinks that acting as the voice of a minority will do himself credit. From all the facts, he's a horrible manager and a generally shitty person, not only that but he falsely skews his numbers for that video. Plainly, he's actually worse for the image of the Legacy Server poster boy than he could ever be good for. He is a repeated failure for those he's worked with for long over a decade with a chip on his shoulder concerning Blizzard. They will never work with him and having him being involved literally hinders what the Legacy Server crowd wants. If they are as sincere and determined as he says that they are, then he does them a disservice by using them in that manner, betraying their trust as such.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Even on the petition there's most likely a lot of people who sign several times, I mean just look at some of the names. I'm sure there's a lot of interest, but there's currently no reliable data to draw accurate conclusions from.
    Would leave this one be and not engage in trying to say anything other than what he is, you'll thank me for it later.

Without picking a side here, I'd just like to add that it's pretty sad that some people are willing to go out of their way to prevent legacy servers (or any kind of other, similar servers for that matter) from happening. It's like their only purpose is to prevent other people from playing what they want despite the petition and Blizzard finally giving a neutral (if not semi-positive) answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRambo View Post
    Without picking a side here, I'd just like to add that it's pretty sad that some people are willing to go any length to prevent legacy servers (or any kind of other servers for that matter) from happening. It's like their only purpose is to prevent other people from playing what they want despite the petition and Blizzard finally giving a neutral (if not semi-positive) answer.
    I don't think people are trying to prevent it, just saying it's unlikely to happen and they've seen it tried with other MMOs with little success. If they happened there may be a few people going 'Grr arg muh DMs!', but doubt there'd be much of a lash out against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    Fair enough, but it's nearly impossible to predict the numbers that will flock to a legitimate legacy server from Blizzard. And they're never going to get a secured profit number if they just keep shutting down servers and saying "You don't want that".
    But remember, outside servers aren't a legitimate source for their investors.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted

You said it yourself. You don't understand. We do.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    That's fine? You have your opinion, I have mine. The fellow I was talking to said someone who didn't play would never understand, I was simply saying I was there, and I still don't get the appeal. Cool that you want a vanilla server, thumbs up. Do I think it's a worthwhile investment for Blizzard to make one? No, because no one can say for sure how many would come back and stay subbed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    And you don't understand that we want Blizzard to focus on the future of our beloved game instead of living in the past?

Deleted
    That's fine? You have your opinion, I have mine. The fellow I was talking to said someone who didn't play would never understand, I was simply saying I was there, and I still don't get the appeal. Cool that you want a vanilla server, thumbs up. Do I think it's a worthwhile investment for Blizzard to make one? No, because no one can say for sure how many would come back and stay subbed.
    I suppose investing is just useless then because "no one can say for sure how many would come back and stay subbed".

Investing is a gamble we all know that. We won't know until it happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And you don't understand that we want Blizzard to focus on the future of our beloved game instead of living in the past?
    Why are you implying that if Legacy servers exist Blizzard can no longer focus on the future of World of Warcraft?