Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Never really understood the appeal of this show, it looks pretty ugly. Seems like the sort of thing that would appeal to 14-year olds who go on about how "savage" or "dark" something is. I've seen enough actual horror to avoid getting off on it viscerally from a TV show.
    Now this isn't the place to discuss the quality of the show.

But what have you been smoking? I can understand if it's not your thing, but to say that is seems like the sort of thing that would appeal to 14 year old?..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Now this isn't the place to discuss the quality of the show.

But what have you been smoking? I can understand if it's not your thing, but to say that is seems like the sort of thing that would appeal to 14 year old?..
    Whenever I hear about this show it is about some act of violence, sexual or otherwise. I've never heard any one say "This has some great characters/special effects/storylines" or whatever. I can't see who would find that appealling other than 14-year kids into metal or whatever.

Maybe it is the greatest story ever told, I don't know, but that's the way it is marketed and presented by its fan, which is what I was getting at, not the actual content. The few times I leafed through the book it didn't seem that bad but I wasn't motivated to continue with it.

I will say this definitely because I was motivated to check this out: the dragons look really shit. Why are they the size of poodles?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say this definitely because I was motivated to check this out: the dragons look really shit. Why are they the size of poodles?
    Lol someone just only got glimpses of season 1.

Deleted
    Whenever I hear about this show it is about some act of violence, sexual or otherwise. I've never heard any one say "This has some great characters/special effects/storylines" or whatever. I can't see who would find that appealling other than 14-year kids into metal or whatever.

Maybe it is the greatest story ever told, I don't know, but that's the way it is marketed, which is what I was getting at, not the actual content. The few times I leafed through the book it didn't seem that bad but I wasn't motivated to continue with it.

Some big poodles you know

You probably saw them when they were younger. At the end of season 1 they were born and now in season 6 they look bigger than ever.

Also GoT has some great characters/special effects/storylines.

Even though the book series is one of my favorite (at least until GRM lost his way) this is one of the reasons I dont really watch the TV show outside of passing interest. Its decent as far as adaptations go but its not possible for them to put everything in or close to it and when they do put stuff in you have SJW's losing their minds. Inevitably the product becomes dilluted

Deleted
    Some big poodles you know

You probably saw them when they were younger. At the end of season 1 they were born and now in season 6 they look bigger than ever.

Also GoT has some great characters/special effects/storylines.
    You can't really tell the size of the dragon in your photo because it is in near focus. It could be the size of a dormouse.

I'm aware the dragons got bigger over time but there's only one illustration on google images that looks anything like an acceptable size for a dragon, and that's a season 5.
    I can't wade through 4 seasons of dragon midgetry.

Deleted
    You can't really tell the size of the draon because it is in near focus. It could be the size of a dormouse.

I'm aware the dragons got bigger over time but there's only one illustration on google images that looks anything like an acceptable size for a dragon, and that's a season 5.
    I can't wade through 4 seasons of dragon midgetry.
    Then focus on the other aspects of the show.
    Seriously the show is so much more than just Rape/Dragons/IceZombies/Incest/Violence.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They also burned (sacrificed) a child alive.

Should we start a protest so people wont sacrifice their children in the name of the lord of the light?
    Also they threw spears at a dragon!

And and......
    HEY BUDDY! The night is long and full of terrors! Do you want long terrifying nights? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Then focus on the other aspects of the show.
    Seriously the show is so much more than just Rape/Dragons/IceZombies/Incest/Violence.
    That's how it is presented. I said I don't find it appealling. It is kind of down to the TV production company to make it appealling.

I'm curious about the icezombies though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    That's not what anyone is arguing though.
    But that is literally what rape culture means.

Yeah. The TV show has too much for shock value. I felt it even unnecessarily influenced some scenes in the last novel that was published.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how it is presented. I said I don't find it appealling. It is kind of down to the TV production company to make it appealling.

I'm curious about the icezombies though.
    In no way Game of thrones is presented like that. That's how people who don't watch it imagine it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    But that is literally what rape culture means.
    Rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality.

Is this not real?

Deleted
    A lot of women are fighting it because it's real. Just go to most university campuses and you will realize this.
    That they are fighting? or that they believe it? because the place in the world with the lowest rape rate, is college campuses -

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality.

Is this not real?
    No it's not normalized. Rapists get punished.

Deleted
    If they think GoT is bad, they should pass on Spartacus.

These people should do something useful with their lives.

Deleted

Is this not real?
    Not real.
    Because Rape is not pervasive, or 'normalised' It remains the worst kind of crime to engage in.
    Take the moral even horizon in fiction - One thing, that consistently is beyond it, is Rape.
    You can kill millions, but if you rape someone, Nope, you are no longer redeemable.
    In the UK, the average Rape sentence, is longer than the average manslaughter sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The middle east has rape culture. There is no rape culture in the west.
    No, you got that wrong. You could actually be sentenced to death in some middle eastern countries for rape.
    Never seen that in the west though so by your logic, rape is more acceptable in the west, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    Yeah. The TV show has too much for shock value. I felt it even unnecessarily influenced some scenes in the last novel that was published.
    I stopped watching after season two. The production and casting is great, but the story choices, acting, character interpretations and reliance on shock value and "your favorite character will die" meme proved to much to me.

It's a good show for sure, but it's super overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Not real.
    Because Rape is not pervasive, or 'normalised' It remains the worst kind of crime to engage in.
    Take the moral even horizon in fiction - One thing, that consistently is beyond it, is Rape.
    You can kill millions, but if you rape someone, Nope, you are no longer redeemable.
    In the UK, the average Rape sentence, is longer than the average manslaughter sentence
    Come on it's not a contest, I find both equally despicable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, you got that wrong. You could actually be sentenced to death in some middle eastern countries for rape.
    Never seen that in the west though so by your logic, rape is more acceptable in the west, right?
    Nope I think the death sentence is even more medieval.