Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This isn't a normal situation, so bringing in normal situations doesn't really work.

We have a case of a woman, that looks and acts like a man, being in a Woman's Restroom. And the cops being called because someone noticed it and asked for their assistance.

Now, these cops have two options:
    1. Let the "woman", who might very well be a man, stay in there - and if that's the case, fuck rules. We have separate restrooms for a reason.
    2. Verify that said "woman" is indeed a woman. Now, how does one achieve this? By ID; Or physical checking. And I don't think the second option would bode well for the Policeman....

This is not a case of someone having to use ID to go to the bathroom. It's a case of someone, who acts and looks like the opposite gender, being in a restroom and it causing unrest for third parties.
    No ID to backup that person's claims (or refusing to comply because ~arm gesturing and shit~ edgy)? Better safe and sorry and wait outside the restroom for the rest of the girlfriends.
    So we're back to "carry ID always or flash me to use the bathroom". Because that's a reasonable thing to do.

I just had a thought, she is a lesbian, so she is attracted to women. Who is to say she was not in there being a creeper?

Had she been milling around in there for an inordinate amount of time? She was there long enough for some one to complain and for cops to arrive.

Should she be allowed to stay in there, even if its the appropriate room for her gender, even if she is making all the others uncomfortable?

(not saying thats what happened here, just a hypothetical)
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Cops shoot unarmed people all the time too, doesn't mean it's right or legal.
    I didn't catch that part of the Video. Where did someone get shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    are you serious ? i could tell from that fucking video its a Girl
    I've seen enough males that look and act exactly like that to seriously doubt what gender it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I just had a thought, she is a lesbian, so she is attracted to women. Who is to say she was not in there being a creeper?

Had she been milling around in there for an inordinate amount of time? She was there long enough for some one to complain and for cops to arrive.

Should she be allowed to stay in there, even if its the appropriate room for her gender, even if she is making all the others uncomfortable?

Then should bisexual people be allowed to only use single occupancy restrooms? Or can we grow the fuck up and realize that people aren't all sexual predators.

This is basically the argument against segregated bathrooms, by the way. Because ~~the gays~~ can still creep around, let alone the ~~~scary~~~ transfolk, so the protection is nil.

It's also a really dumb argument, because I challenge you to list the amount of gay bathroom attacks on a yearly basis.

Most people just don't find a public bathroom that sexually appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Again, we're talking about a cop looking at it for the bathroom. That was the situation I originally brought up: that you can't trust ID because that could be fake too, just like they could be lying. Unless you expect them to run through the QR to check if you're male or female to, again, use the bathroom.
    Yeh, and? Cops on foot have portable reader, they look at the ID and then scan it. Last time I had an interaction with a cop was 5 years ago and even then they had it.

So we're back to "carry ID always or flash me to use the bathroom". Because that's a reasonable thing to do.
    If you are going to look and behave like the opposite gender, making other people uncomfortable, yes. Might be a good idea to start carrying your ID around or risk (gasp!) that people confuse you for the opposite gender in a space that is gender restricted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I've seen enough males that look and act exactly like that to seriously doubt what gender it is.
    Now take more than 1 second to look at the face and realize its a woman.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a normal situation, so bringing in normal situations doesn't really work.

We have a case of a woman, that looks and acts like a man, being in a Woman's Restroom. And the cops being called because someone noticed it and asked for their assistance.

Now, these cops have two options:
    1. Let the "woman", who might very well be a man, stay in there - and if that's the case, fuck rules. We have separate restrooms for a reason.
    2. Verify that said "woman" is indeed a woman. Now, how does one achieve this? By ID; Or physical checking. And I don't think the second option would bode well for the Policeman....

This is not a case of someone having to use ID to go to the bathroom. It's a case of someone, who acts and looks like the opposite gender, being in a restroom and it causing unrest for third parties.
    No ID to backup that person's claims (or refusing to comply because ~arm gesturing and shit~ edgy)? Better safe and sorry and wait outside the restroom for the rest of the girlfriends.
    I'm sorry but no. In this case they should take the word of the woman. Unless they're willing to do a strip search to confirm. IDs are not required in public, unless you're doing something that legally requires an ID. This is one of the many reasons why NC and their legislation is extremely fucked up. Quite pathetic actually.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    IF I'm wearing a cowboy hat, does that make me a cowboy?
    If you're wearing boots, spurs, chaps, jeans, and some flannel type shirt to go along with that hat, with absolutely no identification to prove otherwise, then yes, you are a cowboy.

Much like how the person in the video is dressed like a male and acts like a male, with no I.D. to prove otherwise, therefore, they are male.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    *insert average MMO-C user joke here*

If you are going to look and behave like the opposite gender, making other people uncomfortable, yes. Might be a good idea to start carrying your ID around or risk (gasp!) that people confuse you for the opposite gender in a space that is gender restricted.
    I'm asexual, I get confused for a guy because I have short hair and wear men's t-shirts. Now I'm required to carry ID because people are retarded?

"Look and behave like the opposite gender" is really, really subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Then should bisexual people be allowed to only use single occupancy restrooms? Or can we grow the fuck up and realize that people aren't all sexual predators.
    I am not saying all are, I am asking if some one IS being a creeper. Not saying its what happened here, just a thought.

I am not saying all are, I am asking if some one IS being a creeper. Not saying its what happened here, just a thought.
    Well it's a misguided and ignorant thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Now take more than 1 second to look at the face and realize its a woman.
    I did. Read my fucking post again for my conclusion.

What would you have had them do? She looks like a dude, Acts like a dude and even talks like a dude with a lower pitched voice. I wouldn't honestly think that she was a female unless she told me with how she looked, spoke and acted. Add on top of that she was acting abrasive with such lines as "I'm a fucking female, do I have to tell you again?".

Without an id, they were in the right. All they had to go by was the appearance and mannerisms of the person they were interacting with. They couldn't ask for any kind of proof other then an id. Can't say "I don't believe you, so show me your breasts and crouch so I can be sure." Imagine the storm in that case.

Everyone would have been mad if that was actually a male, who was very female and had brought along friends to pretend they were a female as well.

I see nothing wrong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Yeh, and? Cops on foot have portable reader, they look at the ID and then scan it. Last time I had an interaction with a cop was 5 years ago and even then they had it.
    Do they? When I was pulled over for a ticket, my cop certainly did not (norcal), so that might be a regional thing. Either way, when you're looking for a checkmark on male or female.. why would you scan it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I'm sorry but no. In this case they should take the word of the woman. Unless they're willing to do a strip search to confirm. IDs are not required in public, unless you're doing something that legally requires an ID. This is one of the many reasons why NC and their legislation is extremely fucked up. Quite pathetic actually.
    So that means I can go to the Women's Restroom, with a wig, lean against the wall and just perv around - and when confronted with it, claim I'm just an ugly woman?

No, reasonable train of thought is show your ID to actually solidify your claim, or wait outside.

I'm asexual, I get confused for a guy because I have short hair and wear men's t-shirts. Now I'm required to carry ID because people are retarded?

Nope, got another choice~ wait outside the Restroom if you don't want people mistaking you for a dude, if you refuse to prove you are not.

Retarded? There are rules in place and people who cause civil unrest are to be removed. Do you think the cop randomly showed up in there? He got a complaint.