Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushtrim View Post
    According to the new alpha build this just happened.

• Vol'jin's Funeral Pyre (New) - Max players: 5.

Well I guess that settles that. Horde goes through a lot of warchiefs
    "Darkspear never die."

- - - Updated - - -

Vol'jin is on a first name basis with Bwonsamdi. He might disappear for a while, but I wouldn't write him off so quickly. I suspect we'll see more of him before Legion is over.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Vol'jin is on a first name basis with Bwonsamdi.
    You mean the guy that laughs at him and threatens him with something that boils down to "you are next"?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You mean the guy that laughs at him and threatens him with something that boils down to "you are next"?
    Exactly. They go back and forth quite a bit, actually. I expect him to suffer some rough times in Legion, but to bounce back stronger than ever.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Darkspear never die."

- - - Updated - - -

Vol'jin is on a first name basis with Bwonsamdi. He might disappear for a while, but I wouldn't write him off so quickly. I suspect we'll see more of him before Legion is over.
    Technically everyone is on a first name basis with Bwonsamdi, since he only has a first name :P - But that aside, it's not totally unlikely that Vol'jin is lolligagging in the shadowy realm om the Loa.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Because of one character? Do you base all your enjoyment of games on a few characters over the gameplay?
    The problem is that Vol'jin is the single most developed character that Darkspear Trolls have, with him gone the Trolls now basically have no character.

Well, nobody gave a shit about Vol'jin, and he missed his chance to be an awesome warchief in WoD, so no big loss. Kind of unfair really, we lose Varian and they lose Vol'jin. Should have killed off Sylvanas instead.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Exactly. They go back and forth quite a bit, actually. I expect him to suffer some rough times in Legion, but to bounce back stronger than ever.
    That would be amusing. A Bwonsamdi empowered Vol'jin popping out of the shadows like Zeratul with like, armor made from the corpses of demons and promptly demands Sylvanas step down.

Still gonna reserve judgment until we actually see what happens on the Broken Shore.

At least with Varian we've seen most of the Alliance's intro events and characters seem to be acting appropriately in the event of a leader dying.

On the Horde side we've yet to see the Broken Shore at all so who knows what actually happens. Could be a proper funeral pyre or just for "show" or whatever.

Either way, still gonna be meh that my leader dies/disappears but then I'll just have to kick the Legion's ass even more so. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Well, nobody gave a shit about Vol'jin, and he missed his chance to be an awesome warchief in WoD, so no big loss. Kind of unfair really, we lose Varian and they lose Vol'jin. Should have killed off Sylvanas instead.
    LOL. Voljin and Sylvanas are waay more interesting than Vanduin at this point. Varian's character arc was over.He accomplished everything he needed.Won a war and became a peacemongerer. Done.

Voljin is the only Darkspear who is relevant and with developing another troll prior to his death basically means Blizz is writing themselves into a corner again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    That would be amusing. A Bwonsamdi empowered Vol'jin popping out of the shadows like Zeratul with like, armor made from the corpses of demons and promptly demands Sylvanas step down.
    "P-p-please can you step down ? No ? Well then back to basics /assumes fetal position, h-h-h-heeeeeeeeeelp !!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I don't know that he would have to demand. We don't know how the story is being written, but I'm guessing if hasn't died after all, he would still be War Chief. Or - if she's half the leader he is - they would just agree on what was best for the Horde depending on how things were going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "P-p-please can you step down ? No ? Well then back to basics /assumes fetal position, h-h-h-heeeeeeeeeelp !!!!"
    ??? Can you point to any lore that suggests Vol'jin has ever been intimidated by Sylvanas? Even a little bit?
    I can point to a lot of lore suggesting that he would want whatever's best for the Horde. Hard to judge that without knowing how the story is being written. I'd be happy to have him back, regardless of whether he returns as War Chief or just leader of the Darkspears.

Deleted
    I think that Varian and Vol'jin are alive.

First, at Varian funeral, there is no body displayed, just the coffin. I immagine royal funeral to be kind of like what they showed on Game of thrones. There is body displayed for mourners and then they put it inside coffin and into tomb. This is not the case of Varian. There is just the stone coffin. Also there is no real Shalamayne on it, just some carving. The fact that warriors doesn't get weapon from one of the most powerfull warriors of his age that is also kind of a magicall, instead some random viking swords could mean, that Shalamayne could be still with Varian.

My hypotesis is, that in the broken shore cinematic, when Gul'dan summons all the demons, Varian quickly orders to retreat, while charging the army of demons. The last thing we see, is Varian slaughtering hordes of demons (kind of Ga'nar type/Broxingar cinematic) and then, Gul'dan uses his fel magic to lift him up (like hi did to Tirion) and throw him into the portal (like he did with Grommash) with his sword. Players and Grenn assume, Varian is dead and makes him a funeral, but only the statue on coffin is displayed, because there is no body.

On the horde side, there could be something similar but with Vol'jin.

We will end up mourning Varian and Vol'jin just to late find, they were sent trough the portal (maybe to Argus)
    Last edited by mmoc098c331c43; 2016-04-28 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

??? Can you point to any lore that suggests Vol'jin has ever been intimidated by Sylvanas? Even a little bit?
    I can point to a lot of lore suggesting that he would want whatever's best for the Horde. Hard to judge that without knowing how the story is being written. I'd be happy to have him back, regardless of whether he returns as War Chief or just leader of the Darkspears.
    The fact that he has massive issues facing his enemies face to face without overwhelming support clearly indicated that sylvanas could intimidate him with one look. Or one arrow.

"Darkspear never die."
    Except for those feed to dragon or iron juggernaut. Those darkspears are very dead.

I was sincerely hoping to come into this thread to see an example of Vol'jin doing something worth a damn.

Maybe someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I was sincerely hoping to come into this thread to see an example of Vol'jin doing something worth a damn.

Maybe someday.
    It seems that vol'jin is once again getting roasted.

Deleted
    Vol'jin confirmed to train with demon hunters. 'H-help me'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Really find the idea of killing off the main leader of each side pretty stupid. Seems very much like a Blizzard "Well both sides get punished the same way!" kind of thing.
    It's hardly unheard of story telling? Both sides suffer huge loss. Hardly a Blizzard thing trying to cater to both Horde and Alliance, just generic plot devices. Really don't see an issue with it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    Could still be missing presumed dead, since that's what the whole result of the Broken shore thing implied.
    Then what body would they be burning?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    Could still be missing presumed dead, since that's what the whole result of the Broken shore thing implied.
    Funeral pyre with no body?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Vol'jin confirmed to train with demon hunters. 'H-help me'
    Demon shadow hunter, sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

I'm not sure if someone wrote it already but trolls don't burn their corpses, they mummify them. So I guess it's proof that they don't have his dead body.

Secondly Alliance meneged to get Wrynn's remains, but Horde didn't get his Warchief? And already deemed him dead when not finding him?

That is something fishy.

Actually Vol'Jin is the one Sylvanas should be afraid becuase of his connection to the Loa of the Dead. Sylvanas aims to get herself protection from death, something similar to what Zalazane had. So ironically Vol'Jin is the one that could threathen her and undo her for good.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2016-04-28 at 11:01 AM.