Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When a statement is made like this:

Totally possible. That is what is more concerning to us; that even skilled and experienced tanks aren't understanding the significance of their abilities or how to use them. Perhaps it just takes more time for the community to adjust to the new gameplay, in this case. Or perhaps there's a presentation problem in the abilities.
    Blizz...your class design fails if mythic leveled players don't comprehend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    With the recent responses to Brewmasters and Arms warriors on the front page of MMO champ is Legion in danger of being WoD 2.0? It seems to me that stripping and pruning away class defining skills and talents and not filling the void with compelling game play is leaving many with a bitter taste in their mouth.

In short, is Blizz banking too much on legendary set bonuses, class set bonuses, and trinkets to offer dynamic game play? Or is it fundamentally better to build classes and specs that are dynamic and interesting before the introduction of set bonuses and trinkets? Thoughts?
    You do realize that we're ~4 months till release right? Class tuning just gonna start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You do realize that we're ~4 months till release right? Class tuning just gonna start.
    Actually damage tuning is going to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually damage tuning is going to start.
    Yes all they are going to do for the next 4 months is tweak damage numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Also for the fan boys crying "it's only Alpha"

They have straight up posted in multiple class threads recently that there are no changes outside of number tuning coming. So yes, the concerns are legitimate and real. The class team is wildly incompetent. Which is a damn shame, because the other parts of the game are looking pretty good.
    no. they changed abilities this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    Yes all they are going to do for the next 4 months is tweak damage numbers
    Well what else are they going to do with prepatch that has to be out before launch?

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    no. they changed abilities this build.
    I didn't say it was done for all classes, just some classes.

I have been trying to get my head around this "new'ish" class design, but have been unsuccessful in it.
    How an earth do they think that havin 5'ish rotational skills and few random PoF or WW buttons can make a good gameplay?

I have a feeling, that the goal is to make specs so shallow and easy, that you just simply can't play them incorrectly?
    Since everyone and their grandmothet needs to be able to play at skill cap, because od reasons?

PvE will be dull as heck, PvP even more so, just tunneling someone with your awsome 5 skills, that will be a blast. Not.

#stoptheprune

It's four months to launch (but not sure how long until pre-patch) and they seem way further ahead than they were in WoD. Some classes seem to be working well. Other classes are not in a great state in terms of fun to play (even though mostly finished). A lot of tank specs seem boring but given the design philosophy Im not sure this can be fixed. During the WoD beta there was a lot of drama and controversy about the warrior dps specs - which when it settled did result in some improvements and some bruised egos. Some class specs may be stat dependent (ie feel bad during levelling but improve once say haste reaches a certain minimum) and some classes are changed more than others by artifact 'talents' levelling so maybe the final opinion may change. If there is a significant boredom or functionality problem with a spec, then going from the WoD beta, it requires a lot of people on the alpha/beta who play the spec and agree about the core problems to make a joint calm and considered response to the state of how the spec plays and what outcomes maybe needed to make it play better - if you make emotional posts or make over the top claims about the sky falling in then the problems tend to get ignored or create resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I have been trying to get my head around this "new'ish" class design, but have been unsuccessful in it.
    How an earth do they think that havin 5'ish rotational skills and few random PoF or WW buttons can make a good gameplay?

I have a feeling, that the goal is to make specs so shallow and easy, that you just simply can't play them incorrectly?
    Since everyone and their grandmothet needs to be able to play at skill cap, because od reasons?

PvE will be dull as heck, PvP even more so, just tunneling someone with your awsome 5 skills, that will be a blast. Not.

#stoptheprune
    There was very few classes that i bound less than 6 buttons on, most classes I'm still binding n1-n6 1-5 q e and r and shift n1-3 for defensives.

Ele shammy is looking incredible in Legion from what I've seen in their talents. The talent I'm most excited for is the one where you're dropping buff totems in combat, Totem Mastery or something like that. Takes me back to BC days...
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Unfinished classes in alpha, yeah I can see how this concerns you. You should be careful the next time it's raining though, you might just be paralyzed from shock when you find it's wet.
    These "ITS JUST AN ALPHA!!" people need to be pruned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    When the dps is good, that's irrelevant and people will play it.
    Check Vanilla Retribution Paladins or Frost Mages... people play the most boring shit ever if the dps is good.
    ?
    Those two specs did zero damage. Fire mages rolling ignites was top DPS by far on anything not immune/highly resistant to fire.

To be fair, "It's only ALPHA, OP! Obviously stuff will be missing! More news at 11, dorp!"; If we are criticizing quality, of course.

Otherwise we'll be faced with "Oh please, it's pretty much Beta already, in terms of what is available. Psh, what a hater.."

Deleted
    They call it alpha. When it releases it will be really the start of beta, they just won't label it so.

#stoptheprune
    list the abilities you use in every encounter now.
    There are definitely abilities that were used in pvp that might be missed though, e.g. spellreflect removals, totem stompers

#stoptheprune
    Thats not how it seems to be working. Even the people that originally started #stoptheprune (Cdew) and others that went along with it (venruki and others) have streamed Legion for a while now, and it's clearly not 5 buttons. Some classes are definitely OP or undertuned, but there are still set ups, counters, things you need to think about. It's not as dull as you're making it out to be. I don't support removing abilities for nothing, but I do support removing old hardly ever used abilities for new things, admittedly that's what happened for most classes. I have yet to see one class with only 5 buttons, if you know one grab me a picture of it. 5 baseline abilities is fine as long as things get filled in with talents and artifact traits. Again though, if you see a class with just 5 buttons after selecting talents, artifact traits, etc, show me. Been on the alpha for a little while now and still have yet to see these "5 button classes". Some rotations are as complicated as slicing cheese, others require a lot of concentration and focus, but that's how it's always been. Some are slow, some are spammy, again, that's how it's always been.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-04-29 at 01:05 AM.

No way, something's unfinished on Alpha? I had no idea that would happen.

Well they got 4 months to continue tweaking classes. I wouldn't start worrying really until the 2 month mark

Arms looks just a tiny bit less abysmal then it was during wod, it's still the dps rotation equivalent of an Ambien pill.
    But fury and prot play solid, so 2 out of 3, considering the amount of suck we had during wod i'l settle for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ohh come on people, nobody cares about numbers on alpha, everything will be balanced towards the end.
    OP and others are concerned with CORE mechanics, talents or artifact traits of the specs which they consider bad.
    I.E., Arms is bad not because it deals no damage. It is bad because it basicaly is polished version of WoD arms and people wholeheartedly hated it.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.