Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Yes I am British, hence me saying that we had the largest Empire in history. Mongols came second, or first loser as we call them.

Ruling yourself does not make you a mighty ruler, otherwise Malta is a mighty ruler and even the Maltese would dispute that.
    But that was just because the Mongols thought: Fuck, we also have to go back again to Ulanbataar.

Deleted
    Yes I am British, hence me saying that we had the largest Empire in history. Mongols came second, or first loser as we call them.

Ruling yourself does not make you a mighty ruler, otherwise Malta is a mighty ruler and even the Maltese would dispute that.
    Ok, let me explain briefly. Suppose Germany renames itself to something else, and established a wholly new identity. Suppose they achieve nothing the next century. Can we say "they" have achieved nothing? Not really - they are, after all, the continuity of Germans. Similarly, Bosnians were shaped by Goths, Slavs, Illyrians, and partly Celts too. To suggest our history, which they are an integral part of, isn't full of might and pride, is so stupid... I can't even... So, "Bosnians" as a standalone group had no means to do more than it did, but its deeper history counts as well. We're the continuity of might groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Bosnia is in Europe, and Europe is, has always been, and shall always be greater than your artificial country.
    This sentence is just fantastic. The US, in your estimation, is an "artificial country". Bosnia, on the other hand, belongs to Europe, which is totally a discrete unit and singular nation and Bosnia's great because it's part of that. OK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    The biggest one
    Oh snap.. you got me
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Ok, let me explain briefly. Suppose Germany renames itself to something else, and established a wholly new identity. Suppose they achieve nothing the next century. Can we say "they" have achieved nothing? Not really - they are, after all, the continuity of Germans. Similarly, Bosnians were shaped by Goths, Slavs, Illyrians, and partly Celts too. To suggest our history, which they are an integral part of, isn't full of might and pride, is so stupid... I can't even... So, "Bosnians" as a standalone group had no means to do more than it did, but its deeper history counts as well. We're the continuity of might groups.
    You still have not answered his question, what lands did the Bosnian empire rule?

As an American, I personally stand by the position that British Empire is greatest Empire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This sentence is just fantastic. The US, in your estimation, is an "artificial country". Bosnia, on the other hand, belongs to Europe, which is totally a discrete unit and singular nation and Bosnia's great because it's part of that. OK
    Europe is a large group of peoples and cultures that Bosnia is a part of, yes. There's nothing artificial about that. Your country is the result of political divergence, and is established on politics rather than ethnicity. It's an artificial state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone can claim to be a mighty ruler using your "logic".

We will go by when your country was first formed as a political entity and go from there, so which nations did your mighty rule extend over? Presumably you had Serbia at some point, Croatia as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    You still have not answered his question, what lands did the Bosnian empire rule?
    The neighbouring lands.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone can claim to be a mighty ruler using your "logic".

We will go by when your country was first formed as a political entity and go from there, so which nations did your mighty rule extend over? Presumably you had Serbia at some point, Croatia as well?
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Bosnia_Eyalet,_Central_europe_1683.png

Europe is a large group of peoples and cultures that Bosnia is a part of, yes. There's nothing artificial about that. Your country is the result of political divergence, and is established on politics rather than ethnicity. It's an artificial state.
    When you have to claim the achievements of Germans and Brits to feel better about your homeland, maybe it's not me that's reaching for an artificial state.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an American, I personally stand by the position that British Empire is greatest Empire.
    Yep but still this...

But that was just because the Mongols thought: Fuck, we also have to go back again to Ulanbataar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever noticed that those little dogs like Yorkshire terriers etc. are peskiest ones that bark the most? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    was actually because Ogedai Khan died.. otherwise they would have taken europe. They already had control of northern Hungary and scouts as far as Italy.

Deleted
    When you have to claim the achievements of Germans and Brits to feel better about your homeland, maybe it's not me that's reaching for an artificial state.
    Never said I attributed them to my homeland, but to my race in general? My continent? Of course.

When you claim the achievements of imported European geniuses as achievements of "Americans" (lol), maybe you should expand your strategy and make "successful person" synonymous with "American guy"?

10+ Year Old Account
    You did not even have the Republic of Ragusa? They sound like a Mickey Mouse outfit, how did you not control them?

Ragusa too stronk

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Europe. Just because we are on the same continent doesn't mean we are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    was actually because Ogedai Khan died.. otherwise they would have taken europe. They already had control of northern Hungary and scouts as far as Italy.
    If only they had tea, hooligans and whigs

Deleted
    So is Europe. Just because we are on the same continent doesn't mean we are the same.
    European states are national states mostly. Ukraine and Kosovo are artificial, but most others are not.

Deleted
    Europe isn't united.

The neighbouring lands.

- - - Updated - - -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...urope_1683.png
    looks to me that bosnia was a province of the ottoman empire rather than its own kingdom based on that map you linked.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said I attributed them to my homeland, but to my race in general? My continent? Of course.
    No, you do not get to link us with the Frenchies, just because you want a bit of historical glory. That is not happening sunshine.