Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's the wierdest logic I've seen all week... Though obviously, I don't know what Britney is doing these days...

- - - Updated - - -

Hairloss is, supposedly, often a sign of low testosterone aka the "manly man"-hormone.
    ORLY? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8569826.stm

Started thinning in my 20s, went full Prince William in my 30s so I just shaved it off. Bare clippers though, not with a razor.

Deleted
    That's the wierdest logic I've seen all week... Though obviously, I don't know what Britney is doing these days...

- - - Updated - - -

Hairloss is, supposedly, often a sign of low testosterone aka the "manly man"-hormone.
    There are a few different reasons for hair loss, it is a symptom of low testosterone sometimes as well though so that's probably where you got the impression. Most of the time it's a genetic predisposition towards conversion of a particular kind of testosterone and doesn't have anything to do with overall levels.

As far as I'm aware, it's the opposite, the guys with high testosterone often lose hair early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Try Rene Furterer. I use his shampoos, they're a bit pricey but really worth it. Your hair is going to fall, but this helps it last longer and keeps it stronger than the usual shampoos with chemicals in them.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    I don't even know if this is the proper forum for this kind of thread.

Okay lets get to it, I am losing my hair and have been since I was around 18 (21 now). I didn't really think much of it and thought that is just how life is. A couple of days ago my dad (who is also bald) asked if I was going to do anything about it and suggested a hair transplant.
    Now I am not too happy with the idea and looking around the interwebs to see if anything else actually worked.
    So I came upon this product call Regaine which is actually proven to prevent hair loss and in some cases even regrow hair.

My question is, have any of you guys tried or know anyone who have had any results with this kind of stuff? good or bad?
    You should compensate for it by growing facial hair. It's not where the hair is that's important, it's that the total of hairs visible on your head are the same. The more you lose on top, the more you have to grow on your chin. And then it all evens out!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    There is an easy way to prove this incorrect: Trans people. If low testosterone would lead to hair loss, starting HRT would cause Trans women to actually lose hair quicker; in reality however, the very opposite is the case: Going off Testosterone usually stops - or drastically slows down - hair loss for them.

Many years ago, never really been bothered about it, people act as if they're getting cancer or something when they lose their hair, cut your hair short and stop acting as if it's the end of the world.

There are several upsides with beeing bald, you don't have to spend time setting your hair in the morning, no expense to hair products, no more getting shampoo in your eye now and then, no bad hair days. etc. etc.

Biggest downside is if you live in a cold climate, I swear it's like walking around with your ass naked when it's -15c and you havent covered your top ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    This can't approve anything.

Hair loss genes don't show on women. It is extremely rare for women to go bald.

Most bald men's moms have full hair.
    It was a joke.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, the genetic hairloss is caused by excess of Dihidrotestosterone, or DHT, which is created from testosterone, so I guess the males with a higher testosterone % have more chances to got more DHT.
    Anyway, I would really like to know if baldness is asociated with some evolutive treat.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Anyway, I would really like to know if baldness is asociated with some evolutive treat.
    I'll give you a treat with my baldness any time you like, sugartits

Compensate with beard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Compensate with beard.
    I would, but at the moment I am only able to grow a pretty meh beard. I always liked the idea of being bald with a big beard though

Deleted
    I would, but at the moment I am only able to grow a pretty meh beard. I always liked the idea of being bald with a big beard though
    You have to let it grow for a week a couple of times and then shave it off completely. After a few months you have a King Leonidas beard that can shatter mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You have to let it grow for a week a couple of times and then shave it off completely. After a few months you have a King Leonidas beard that can shatter mountains.
    Shaving doesn't make your beard grow thicker. Age does :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Im 33 and I have a nice five head going on and hair in my beard is turning grey. I am surprised im not bald yet but w/e. My serial killer look will be in full force once the baldening is finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Shaving doesn't make your beard grow thicker. Age does :/
    No, that's women.

Beards get thicker and thicker after shaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No, that's women.

Beards get thicker and thicker after shaving.
    I would like to see some proof of that cause every study I have ever heard of proves otherwise?

Deleted
    I would like to see some proof of that cause every study I have ever heard of proves otherwise?
    Erm... That's kind of like how beards work bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Erm... That's kind of like how beards work bro.
    Make a quick search. every Trustworthy and untrustworthy study plus my own experience says otherwise?