Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    There is a huge difference between taken away and made available later.

I thought we got this through back with WoD.

The Meta-achievement looks completely fine to me. It is literally ->play game -> Get rewarded.

If you don't want to play the game why do you care if you aren't rewarded.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't notice a increase in fun with flying though? Was still the same game just slightly faster.
    whats fun to others may not be fun to you.

Flying a core ability.. The memes

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    All these people whinging about flying being gated. How you would of survived vanilla is beyond me, if you even played back then.
    Just an FYI most other MMO's don't even have a flying mount system in place, so in the end you are complaining about something so small it just makes you look like a child crying because mommy won't give you candy.
    vanilla is the only version of this game that,did not have flying. no flying removes the need for exploration imo. quests are linear, no need for gathering any longer.

let's just hope the things needed are not hide behind time gates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm not the one with an agenda here, I already said that I like flying and there is no problem with disagree with Blizzard's design. It's you that keeps insisting that something was taken from you when it's entirely false.

Every single xpac is a closed game design. Nothing is guaranteed from xpac to xpac, just look at the classes. Flying was always dealt differently from xpac to xpac, so it's your fault that you assumed wrongly. But nothing was taken from you in WoD, your earned ability to fly is still there.
    Nothing is guaranteed? That's amusing. Raiding seems pretty guaranteed for example. Lots of things seem guaranteed. It's apparent the only things aren't guaranteed are the devs pet peeves...

Why are people bitching about somethng that literally removes content?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Nothing is guaranteed? That's amusing. Raiding seems pretty guaranteed for example. Lots of things seem guaranteed. It's apparent the only things aren't guaranteed are the devs pet peeves...
    Thats why they have changed raiding from expansion to the next? Mythic 20-man caused a lot of issues with WoD. Anything can change from expansion to expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Thats why they have changed raiding from expansion to the next? Mythic 20-man caused a lot of issues with WoD. Anything can change from expansion to expansion.
    Would they removed raiding and added a tonne of pre-requisite before hand. You might have a valid comparison. Fact is raiding as a whole has remained relatively stable. The devs pet projects aren't subject to obnoxious bullshit. The shkt they hate howevwr...In fact the only thing that got flying returned was mass raging.

Nah, that's not bad at all. You'll finish most of requirements leveling and participating in some endgame content. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of players will have finished the achievement prior to 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Then it does not need to be gated.
    you are right it shouldn't be in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    In truth I wish they had the balls to stick to this. It would at least be.mlre honest. They can hide behind what they call.compromise but really isn't.

A core ability =/= travel.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with doing this achievement, will do it anyway.
    I would like to know WHEN exactly they will add flying so I can plan what to do ingame.
    If they just said "we gonna add flying in 7.X" I would be OK.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

When will we get a meta achievement that allows flight in Raids?

I've ALREADY done the raid! why should i have to go through all that drudgery again?

The raids are SO beautiful from above as well, and if people REALLY wanna do all those extra bosses and all that extra trash they are free to!

When I've suggested this before some people say "but Danthon that suggestion is clearly idiotic and bad game design" but it is THEY who do not understand! I WANT it, and if i want it, it MUST be good game design and the correct path to take!

In fact, just give me raid flying for gold when I hit level 110, I've already done all the work of getting to max level why SHOULDN'T I be able to choose which bosses I do, and skip all the stuff in the game I find even slightly inconveniencing.

It's not like the game has a track record of bleeding out because it listens to the QQing that things aren't as convenient as they like.

#AllowFlyingInRaids

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I guess throw in arenas too to be removed?

I think BC is the best expansion in the history of the game because of arenas and flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danthon View Post
    When will we get a meta achievement that allows flight in Raids?

I've ALREADY done the raid! why should i have to go through all that drudgery again?

The raids are SO beautiful from above as well, and if people REALLY wanna do all those extra bosses and all that extra trash they are free to!

When I've suggested this before some people say "but Danthon that suggestion is clearly idiotic and bad game design" but it is THEY who do not understand! I WANT it, and if i want it, it MUST be good game design and the correct path to take!

In fact, just give me raid flying for gold when I hit level 110, I've already done all the work of getting to max level why SHOULDN'T I be able to choose which bosses I do, and skip all the stuff in the game I find even slightly inconveniencing.

It's not like the game has a track record of bleeding out because it listens to the QQing that things aren't as convenient as they like.

#AllowFlyingInRaids
    flying is how we have traveled throughout 85% of this games history.

I understand an epic even long quest line. but I look at this one and the words part one and it leads me to believe I may be able to fly halfway though the next 14 month content drought.

It is not a problem for me personally, since that is all stuff I'll be doing regardless of flight, but I'm still not a fan of the whole meta achievement just to get flying.

I'm totally cool with not-flying. Really. I love my ground mounts.

That being said, I think we're missing the elephant in the room: Removing "content", just to make it avaliable later and thus, getting around having to create new content. We're seeing this with the classes and spells too and I know their reasoning which is "we need to cut back on abilities and shit" which I can understand if they were cutting abilities and giving new abilities, but they are mostly reintroducing the same abilities they've cut as "choices".

Ok I've gone a bit off-topic but this whole notion reminds me of a situation where a man takes the lolipop away from a toddler -> toddler starts crying -> man gives back the toddler the lolipop -> toddler is infinitely happy = Man doesn't have to come up with a second lolipop.

I dunno that is just how I see this whole debacle.

Deleted
    I'm perfectly fine with not being able to fly in early Legion. I bitched like a motherfucker when WoD introduced the concept, but that was because a lot of people were praising it like the sun, while totally ignoring the fact that the open world was horrendously designed.

1: Legion open world content actually matters, and you do a lot of interesting things out there.
    2: They are being straight with us this time around, not the same "Maybe you will get flying, maybe you won't!" crap.

So yeah, flying will be back eventually, and you will unlock it simply by playing the game. It'll be fine, there will actually be stuff to do outside of raids in Legion, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I understand perfectly well that you keep using semantics for dishonesty. Your earned ability to fly wasn't taken with WoD, they simply introduced a WoD flying ability later then you expected. And it's fine to not agree with Blizz's design.

But, I repeat, telling that your xpac-to-xpac earned ability to fly was taken is false.
    That earnt ability was taken away. Bliz fanboys can try to spin it anyway you want but you are just plain wrong. You had the ability and then you didn't. It is as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Yea so much better who would want to get flying from the first meta let's do one for every patch and not get flying until the end of the exp again but this time with much more work put into it so much better..........
    Assuming you're sarcastic, if you can't be fucked doing some pretty simple requirements for flying; then don't do it?

Fortunately, this game hasn't yet gone 100% casual mode. But fuck me is it getting close - especially if people are sooking about this kind of stuff.