Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

If most non-Americans want America to stop meddling with world affairs ...

If most non-Americans want America to stop meddling with world affairs shouldn't they be Pro-Trump because his platform is for isolationism?

I believe he has been quoted as saying that "America can no longer police the world". Is that what everyone on this board wants?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    If most non-Americans want America to stop meddling with world affairs shouldn't they be Pro-Trump because his platform is for isolationism?

I believe he has been quoted as saying that "America can no longer police the world". Is that what everyone on this board wants?
    Most euro's here are pro Trump because he is a lulz cow waiting to be milked.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because Trump is a twat. To give you an idea of how much of a twat he is, the Putin shills on this website like him.

And why would we want an ally to regress by having him in charge? Some people here may want that for the US, but some people here want to watch the world burn.

Even if they agreed with Trump on that particular issue, there are plenty of other issues on which the rest of the world should be terrified of an America lead by Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Most euro's here are pro Trump because he is a lulz cow waiting to be milked.
    I prefer to laugh at Trudeau, he makes Sweden seem sane.

That is one tiny aspect of his program. Sure, America stopping to meddle with world affaris would be good. But Drumpf is a high price to pay for that. And nobody wants the US to go 180° isolationist, just a tad less aggressive, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Even if they agreed with Trump on that particular issue, there are plenty of other issues on which the rest of the world should be terrified of an America lead by Trump.
    This pretty much.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trumps position is to dictate terms to everyone else in the world under threat of military force. That is not a reduction in meddling, it's an increase.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trumps position is to dictate terms to everyone else in the world under threat of military force. That is not a reduction in meddling, it's an increase.
    If it keeps the peace and there is no more military intervention isn't that better?

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious. What other issues non-domestic are frightening for non-Americans? I know he has some radical ideas related to trade. Is that what is scary?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it keeps the peace and there is no more military intervention isn't that better?
    So you think the entire planet will just kowtow to Trump without any opposition? China is not going to do what we say, so either Trump goes to war with China or he's shown to be a blowhard and everyone else starts ignoring him. Best case, things are unchanged. Worse case, massive military deployments all over the world to enforce Trumps will.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Your interventions in libya n iraq n whatnot have caused serious destabilisation in the middle east, with a noticable fallout for europe. Why? Because they didnt want to sell oil for the dollar currency, which due to the ever increasing american debt is constantly devalueing.

Why would we want more of that? We dont invade mexico because it has drug cartels either do we? Muricas foreign policy is a mess

Europe doesnt want americans to stop interfering. Europe wants free military service from the US. When Israel attacked Arafats compound around 2004, they suddenly were begging the US to play world police and stop Israel. Europe not only wants that free military service but they want to issue orders to the US on where and how to use it. And if they dont obey, they complain about it all. But what Europe WONT do is assemble their own army to deal with these issues because that would hurt their precious social program spending. So they complain and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So you think the entire planet will just kowtow to Trump without any opposition? China is not going to do what we say, so either Trump goes to war with China or he's shown to be a blowhard and everyone else starts ignoring him. Best case, things are unchanged. Worse case, massive military deployments all over the world to enforce Trumps will.
    How do you know that will happen? Why do you think it is impossible to make changes to our trade policies? Trade is a 2 way street after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he has some radical ideas related to trade. Is that what is scary?
    Scary in the sense that implementing them would be a disaster for all Western economies? Yes.

Demanding that everybody trades on US terms and telling them they are going to get shitty terms in return is going to backfire for the US, and the US economy going to pot has a knock on effect in Europe.

He is a menace.

He is better than Cruz though, so he has that going for him, which is not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Europe doesnt want americans to stop interfering. Europe wants free military service from the US. When Israel attacked Arafats compound around 2004, they suddenly were begging the US to play world police and stop Israel. Europe not only wants that free military service but they want to issue orders to the US on where and how to use it. And if they dont obey, they complain about it all. But what Europe WONT do is assemble their own army to deal with these issues because that would hurt their precious social program spending. So they complain and do nothing.
    I don't disagree with this assessment. History has shown this to be true but are people really oblivious to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of impossible to be an isolationist anymore. Economies are way too intertwined, which means international interests are way too intertwined to be separated without global recession.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Most Americans want America to stop meddling in the world as well, which explains some of Trump's popularity. However, in response to your question, you are likely to only get a whole bunch of posts about how much people hate Trump on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Scary in the sense that implementing them would be a disaster for all Western economies? Yes.

Demanding that everybody trades on US terms and telling them they are going to get shitty terms in return is going to backfire for the US, and the US economy going to pot has a knock on effect in Europe.

He is a menace.

He is better than Cruz though, so he has that going for him, which is not saying much.
    I don't want to discount your point of view but this appears to me as being very vague. Is there something specific with trade policies that is discomforting? From what I seen and heard from Trump he wants to build a wall between us and Mexico (which I personally don't believe will happen) and then working on trade deficits with counties like China. And that is it. There is nothing specific from what I have heard Trump say that would be altogether alarming.

Also since nothing else was mentioned other than trade issues I am going to assume that is the chief concern of yours with Trump becoming president.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know that will happen? Why do you think it is impossible to make changes to our trade policies? Trade is a 2 way street after all.
    But that's not what Trump has said he'll do.

-Kujako-

Why? Which of his poorly planned policies, spiteful but impractical rhetoric, or casual one-off mentions with no thought behind them are you worried he would be able to successfully implement should be become president?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree with this assessment. History has shown this to be true but are people really oblivious to this?
    History has not shown that to be true at all, it regards Europe as one block, which has never been the case throughout history.

Even the EU has not managed to give Europe the unity that Grummgug has claimed for it and they have a budget of billions.