Is a new CPU going to 'fix' my issues? or should I just gut it and start again?

Howdy.

So, my current rig is running an I5 3570K. 32 gig ram, and a GTX 970.

In the recent 6 months, I've noticed a slowdown, noticably with games like The Division, taking around 30 seconds on a load screen, rainbow six around 20. this is up from near instant loads on other games.

is it time to swap out the I5 for something newer?
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Howdy.

So, my current rig is running an I5 3570K. 32 gig ram, and a GTX 970.

In the recent 6 months, I've noticed a slowdown, noticably with games like The Division, taking around 30 seconds on a load screen, rainbow six around 20. this is up from near instant loads on other games.

is it time to swap out the I5 for something newer?
    if your only issue is loading times you should probably look into a an ssd

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    if your only issue is loading times you should probably look into a an ssd
    Actually, since he used to have near instant loading times and they slowly went up, I would not imagine it to be the fault of the HDD, unless it is failing. It's more likely a malware problem.

OP, run Malwarebytes and see what comes up. If not too much of a pain for you, you could also try to format and re-install Windows. I generally do this about once every year or 2 anyway as stuff just builds up over time and keeps the system fresh and running like new.

I have a 250 gig SSD and both R6 and The Division are on it. (aswell as OS) but Uplay is not. could that cause slowdown?

I have 3 drives in here, one for media, one for program files, and then the SSD for my OS and 'game of the moment'

will give that software a try, Ill be honest, I use the same shit I've used for years, SSD, CCleaner and Adaware.. they probs aren't the best anymore :P
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

There's no reason to upgrade from a 3570K at this point. Did you trim your SSDs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd reinstall Windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, this is purely a problem with The Division.

I have a 3570K @ 4.5ghz, and a brand new 500gb SSD. The game loads zones VERY slowly. It's a known situation, which I believe has to do with its TCP networking stack.

If the problem is just The Division, don't worry. That's how it is for everyone. Whenever I open my game to other players to join me (and vice versa), people will join, and it will take anywhere from 1-3 minutes for them to load in.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It's a division thing, it has long loading times , period.

I got a i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz and a 1 week old Samsung Evo 850 250gb and the loading is always long, it's just as long as on my old WD Black 7200RPM HDD.
    When pressing tab to teleport to a group or player it also takes just as long every single time.

CPU also has like almost nothing to do with loading times, is purely down to your HDD/SSD.
    The thing with the division is sometimes it loads ultra slow, sometimes a little slow and sometimes fast, it has something to do with the way the servers run and let you into a game.

Gyus stop saying BS like network stacks and HDDs, yes the storage matter but thats not just the cause of the division slow loading times

The Divison loads slow becuase the CPU is pre-rendering stuff, compilling sharders, shadowmaps etc

The loading screen almost max out all the cores of my 6700k

Easy to prove with Afterburner/Rivetunner overlay during loading times.