Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Morning Motivation. How do you start your day?

Morning motivation guided imagery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIajvTe4bSk

How do you guys start your day? Do you have a ritual that helps you get up tackle the day get through work and daily task that you aren't excited about? I find if i get up late and rush my day always spins out of control from the laws of attraction and I am drawing more chaos to myself. However if I have time to enjoy coffee watch some short motivational vids like that one my mind is in a much better state and can handle whatever task heads my way.

Whats your morning or motivational routine?

I get mine from Coffee.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    I get mine from Coffee.
    Yea I am drinking some right now but If i just get coffee and don't spend some quiet time I feel like its coffee everywhere and my day spirals. So coffee is only part of the ritual.

A nice shower always gets my day started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot as fuck shower.

Deleted
    For me, it starts the night before.
    I write down everything I want/need to do the next day, in order of the hardest to the easiest task (eat the ugliest frog first).

I always wake up 2 hours before I have to leave the house, no matter the time.
    30 mins for working out, 60 mins for breakfast and some reading, 30 mins for getting showering and getting dressed.

In the weekends I don't have to go anywhere and usually get up around 6:00 in the morning with the same routine.

What keeps me going is momentum. Once you have it, you keep going easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbomb View Post
    Yea I am drinking some right now but If i just get coffee and don't spend some quiet time I feel like its coffee everywhere and my day spirals. So coffee is only part of the ritual.
    Some days i feel the same. I wish i could get up a little earlier to meditate but it seems i like to sleep until the last minute.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Either:

A) Phone alarm by bed, set to 7am, 730am then 8am. Then a hot shower. I find no matter what time I have to get up, I need to wake up a hour before hand, even if I go back to sleep

B) Phone alarm other side of the room set to the time I need to get up, on repeat and loud. Get up, turn it off, computer on, hot shower.

The secret is: I don't.

Pretty much this.
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

My day starts with some MSM and Omega-3 followed by Swedish crackers and an orange usually. Sometimes replacing the crackers and orange with processed sour milk with goji berries and cereal.
    Then after that I take some multivitamins/minerals and vitamin D and head off to work where I take my first cup of coffee in the day.

Sometimes I shower on the morning as well, but usually do that before bed or after work.

An Alarm bell.
    Loud and obnoxious.
    In the other end of the room.

It's the only thing that works.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    30 mins for working out, 60 mins for breakfast and some reading, 30 mins for getting showering and getting dressed.
    Thats sounds like a really good morning routine. I really need to change my sleep schedule so I can wake up earlier and have more relaxed morning rather than stressing away to work. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbomb View Post
    Morning motivation guided imagery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIajvTe4bSk

How do you guys start your day? Do you have a ritual that helps you get up tackle the day get through work and daily task that you aren't excited about? I find if i get up late and rush my day always spins out of control from the laws of attraction and I am drawing more chaos to myself. However if I have time to enjoy coffee watch some short motivational vids like that one my mind is in a much better state and can handle whatever task heads my way.

Whats your morning or motivational routine?
    I set my alarm for a reasonably early time.
    Alarm goes off.
    Half asleep, I set my alarm to the latest possible moment I can without being late for work.
    I go back to sleep.
    Alarm goes off.
    I look out the window to see which direction the wind is blowing.
    It's always blowing the wrong way.
    I pull myself up onto a sitting position on the edge of the bed, and sleepily rub my eyes.
    I stand up and get dressed.
    I unplug my phone from the charger.
    I go downstairs.
    I brush my teeth.
    I pee.
    I sit on the sofa.
    I roll up a cigarette and smoke it whilst looking at Facebook on my phone.
    I go to the workshop to retrieve my bike.
    I leave to cycle the 8 miles to work with around 30 minutes left before my shift starts.

That's pretty much my morning. Every morning. Probably why I'm so fucking cheery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Love my job (no shit, I do) and I hate traffic jams. So when i get up at 5.45 I'm like "move, you don't want to to drive like a pensioneer", and I hurry to get to my car, enjoy 20 minute ride on semi-empty roads with loud music and speeding, park at the semi-empty streets and start working in the empty office.
    Ohh the morning productivity... What's done in the 7.00 - 9.00 interval is about as much what's done in the rest of the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Usually, my husband was my motivation to get up in the morning. He wakes up early with the Army, so I'd always get up to make him breakfast and coffee. Now that he's in Korea, I just get up with the kids to get them ready for school, which I also did before, but it's much later than what I'm used to.
    You're husband probably has another thing to motivate you in the morning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're husband probably has another thing to motivate you in the morning
    It's called a Dutch Oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    A nice shower always gets my day started.
    Yea I usually use that time to think about what I want to do with the day and also I get clean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    For me, it starts the night before.
    I write down everything I want/need to do the next day, in order of the hardest to the easiest task (eat the ugliest frog first).

In the weekends I don't have to go anywhere and usually get up around 6:00 in the morning with the same routine.

What keeps me going is momentum. Once you have it, you keep going easily.
    I completely agree with this!! I need about 2 hours before I start the day. It's worth it to yourself to eat breakfast, coffee and read and make a list of things you need to accomplish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Drown an infant and have some weetabix. What else?