10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    They showed a few minutes today at the panel from comic con

Okay I get dramatic effect and everything but at 1:04 - 1:15 it just makes me think Moiraine and Lan were outside and saying 'right here's what we do, I'll go inside and when I say your name you come in after'. Looks so rehearsed and its shot so awkwardly. XD

I do have my worries about this series... I love the books (mainly because I devoted what feels like forever to them) but its moments like that which make me worry. All the actors look great and I am sure the acting will be fine I can even get past some of the imagery, but the direction. Whoever is directing this needs to be seen to :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-10-09 at 12:02 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Okay I get dramatic effect and everything but at 1:04 - 1:15 it just makes me think Moiraine and Lan were outside and saying 'right here's what we do, I'll go inside and when I say your name you come in after'. Looks so rehearsed. The shots are awkward. XD
    It would have been better if someone shouted "shut the damn door!"
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    They showed a few minutes today at the panel from comic con

that looks awful, and has also never happened to anyone in the history of entering a lively pub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    that looks awful, and has also never happened to anyone in the history of entering a lively pub.
    I been to pubs in the UK countryside that have eyed up outsiders before, like death itself walked in... 'he be one of them city folk, he be' :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I been to pubs in the UK countryside that have eyed up outsiders before, like death itself walked in... 'he be one of them city folk, he be' :P
    were they lively with lots of different groups of people, mingling and live music?

i know what you mean though, the railway, with old jim at the bar and if you sit next to him, he touches you on the shoulder and in a voice that couldnt get any gravellier asks you to 'get out of that without moving', yes that has happened to me

in the bar in the video no chance that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    I read half of the first book when I was younger and stopped for whatever reason. Can't remember too much.
    I need another fantasy series to take up the space in my heart as I've finally accepted that ASOIAF will never be finished. Will definitely give this a watch
    Nah, it'll also be finished by Sanderson once Martin dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Ah yes. I was here once too.
    Hope. I miss that.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Sanderson has said multiple time ASoIaF is not his thing. It's more up Joe Abercrombie's street lol.

That clip killed any enthusiasm I had left. It looks like they have put a lot of money at it, but the campy introduction of Lan just makes it feel like an 80's fantasy film. Also, a minor point and I get that they don't have the luxury of pages to introduce things but Moiraine concealed that she was Aes Sedai until she used the power. She was supposedly sneaking around looking for the Dragon Reborn, not announcing herself everywhere she went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Sanderson has said multiple time ASoIaF is not his thing. It's more up Joe Abercrombie's street lol.

That clip killed any enthusiasm I had left. It looks like they have put a lot of money at it, but the campy introduction of Lan just makes it feel like an 80's fantasy film. Also, a minor point and I get that they don't have the luxury of pages to introduce things but Moiraine concealed that she was Aes Sedai until she used the power. She was supposedly sneaking around looking for the Dragon Reborn, not announcing herself everywhere she went.
    Personally I would prefer a First Law series... Not made by Amazon or Netflix though :P

An article came out with a picture of the Whitecloaks and, yeah, they look terrible. Nothing at all like depicted in the books. They look more like some weird Star Wars cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    An article came out with a picture of the Whitecloaks and, yeah, they look terrible. Nothing at all like depicted in the books. They look more like some weird Star Wars cosplay.
    The Wheel of Time is still on my bucket list, so I know nothing about it but you are right - this picture screams Star Wars to me (Valkorion/Eternal Empire, anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think they look kinda cool. Only major problem is they are called the Whitecloaks and not a single one of them is wearing a cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The Wheel of Time is still on my bucket list, so I know nothing about it but you are right - this picture screams Star Wars to me (Valkorion/Eternal Empire, anyone?)
    The Whitecloaks were something like a religious warrior order and were equipped much like the Teutonic Knights or Knights Templar. And wore white cloaks over their armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    Sanderson has said multiple time ASoIaF is not his thing. It's more up Joe Abercrombie's street
    I could see Abercrombie pulling it off well. Sanderson would be a terrible choice for asoiaf.

I found myself growing weary of the "inner turmoil bloat" in the stormlight archive.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I could see Abercrombie pulling it off well. Sanderson would be a terrible choice for asoiaf.
    licking gums intesifies :P

White cloaks over armor with a sunburst etched over the breast. Unless a "questioner" then it'd be a red shepard's crook.
    ...*sigh* not seeing a single one.
    Still...pretty enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't go one moment with mentioning something as progressive. The only thing "progressive" is that the reigns of power in this world are held primarily by women.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    White cloaks over armor with a sunburst etched over the breast. Unless a "questioner" then it'd be a red shepard's crook.
    ...*sigh* not seeing a single one.
    Still...pretty enough.
    I always expected them to look like the scarlet crusaders but with less red and a sun instead of flame. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed in this look.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I always expected them to look like the scarlet crusaders but with less red and a sun instead of flame. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed in this look.
    hmm...the general outline would have been better;

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmm...the general outline would have been better;

For a moment I thought you meant those were white cloaks.. Looked at the actual shot picture of the Whitecloaks It's not what I imagined, but it's not bad. I imagined the classic look.. which isn't bad.. but this has a style to it. not sure about the skirts.. a fashion thing?

Not that disturbed by it though. More worried about the quality of the whole thing... wasn't too impressed by the trailers