Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    presumably a vague statement is more useful to the OP then a complete lie?
    Mind your wording. We have opinions here, not lies. If you do not agree, you do not agree, you don't call people liars.

On this particular topic I'm interested on what you mean by "group".

I always heard that the mechanic targets the 3 furthest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Mind your wording. We have opinions here, not lies. If you do not agree, you do not agree, you don't call people liars.

On this particular topic I'm interested on what you mean by "group".

I always heard that the mechanic targets the 3 furthest.
    The chains need to be able to attach themselves to 3 players without instantly breaking, as such if the 3 ranged targets are too far from other targets(including themselves), they are considered ineligible. Someone with the shadow debuff is also considered ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelion View Post
    I'm a hunter in Kirby's guild. We tried stacking ranged with melee but had the issue of the voidfiends spawning on the ranged and melee camp instead of out on the hunters. Is the suggestion to stack the ranged on the opposite side of the boss from melee and then have them move to melee when the adds spawn? Just trying to clarify.
    For this type of positioning, you have ranged and melee on say the left side of the boss, voidfiends spawn on top of that group and the whole group moves to the right side apart from one guy who stays there to kite them. When they are killed he also moves to the right of the boss (where the group is) and so on and so forth. Be aware that this type of positioning needs better positional awareness for the whole group however, as one mispositioned ranged can spawn a voidfiend close to the tanks and shit might hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What you said though is just wrong, it's not a matter of opinion. We might not know the exact range for the chains to attach to people, but "you can have 3 people at max range in different corners of the room" is just simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The chains need to be able to attach themselves to 3 players without instantly breaking, as such if the 3 ranged targets are too far from other targets(including themselves), they are considered ineligible. Someone with the shadow debuff is also considered ineligible.
    That sounds reasonable. Cool.

A lot of good information. If a raid has 3 mages, then it sounds like they can reliably cheese empowered chains every time, since even if one mage gets Void surge, there is still 2 mages rotating evanesce. We probably won't be able to get 3 mages so we'll just have to coordinate healers and personals.

Someone with the shadow debuff is also considered ineligible.
    ineligible to be targeted by the chains cast from the boss, but still eligible to be included as part of the baiting group to attarct the chains in the first place

Deleted
    The normal chains need more than 3 players to attach themselves but you don't see them requiring a group of that to bait them.

- - - Updated - - -

You gave me an idea though. The best way to cheese the mechanic might be to go to china after you know you will get the actual chains on the group. Has anyone seen if that removes empowered chains or just insta-damages people?

You gave me an idea though. The best way to cheese the mechanic might be to go to china after you know you will get the actual chains on the group. Has anyone seen if that removes empowered chains or just insta-damages people?
    It instantly breaks. We had a different hunter on one of our better pulls get targeted by empowered chains. He popped deterrence and ran before the chains formed and killed the other two people who were chained to him because of the snap back.

EDIT to add:

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    its a combination of your group getting better at interrupting + your shamans dropping grounding totem literally as late as possible into the void surge cast bar to try and avoid imp spells eating the totem

also remember that grounding has a 20 yrd range, so it wont matter how much your shamans "git gud" if your chains baiting group is more then 20 yrds away from them x)
    I didn't realize the group had to be within the totem range. I thought the boss/enemy casting the spell and to be in the totem range. Bear in mind, I have no idea how to shaman, it's just how I thought the totem worked.
    Last edited by Arrelion; 2016-04-30 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelion View Post
    I didn't realize the group had to be within the totem range. I thought the boss/enemy casting the spell and to be in the totem range. Bear in mind, I have no idea how to shaman, it's just how I thought the totem worked.
    players in range of the grounding totem get a buff from the totem showing they are affected by it, it then consumes the next spell cast at any one of those targets