Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's that thing in front of the 2nd person from the left? It's clearly something that doesn't belong there. Some kind of metal pot.
    they're very good at scavenging things from wrecks + people keep / kept dropping "gifts" to them until the chance of getting murdered reached roughly 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    they're very good at scavenging things from wrecks + people keep / kept dropping "gifts" to them until the chance of getting murdered reached roughly 100%
    What we need to do is drop a single coke bottle on the island, then it is all over.

Is it just me or do those guys have crazy big feet.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

MinuteEarth did an episode discussing this issue. Worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Because most of them don't want to have anything to do with your shitty way of life OP.
    How do you know that?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    How do you know that?
    They would leave were they are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    They would leave were they are?
    What reason would they have to if they don't know about the "other" world at all? Especially considering if someone leaves the tribe on their own the very likely result is dying in the wild.

Many natives in tribes that weren't that far from our societies have chosen to leave the tribes.

If there was some very advanced alien society out there knowing about us I'd very much prefer knowing about them rather than being kept in the dark.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-05-01 at 12:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What reason would they have to if they don't know about the "other" world at all? Especially considering if someone leaves the tribe on their own the very likely result is dying in the wild.

Many natives in tribes that weren't that far from our societies have chosen to leave the tribes.

If there was some very advanced alien society out there knowing about us I'd very much prefer knowing about them rather than being kept in the dark.
    Many native tribes leave after their numbers are decimated after contact, the societies break down in the face of half of them dying off and many flee. The effects of pandemic disease on these communities is not to be underestimated. More over in many cases they are outright hostile to outsiders, a clear indication of "Go the fuck away," if ever there was one.

Its a grey area, but mostly more ethical harm will be done TOO them by contact than will benefit anyone including themselves by contact. Think about it, imagine the North Sentinal islanders, they have lived in likely total isolation for maybe at least two thousand or more years. Maybe for the last 60 thousand for all we know. They speak a language unrelated to ANY language known to man, have no agriculture, no basic knowledge at all of our world. What would they do? What could they do? Half would die of sickness, the rest would who knows what.

Their hostility indicates they know they don't want contact.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Their hostility indicates they know they don't want contact.
    Or it's hostility based on thinking that whatever is flying there is some kind of beast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or it's hostility based on thinking that whatever is flying there is some kind of beast.
    Then there is no real way to approach them without being mistaken for monsters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just dont understand how they can live without air conditioning in the hot and humid rainforest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I just dont understand how they can live without air conditioning in the hot and humid rainforest
    I do not understand why someone would wear welding goggles instead of going to an optician.

At least they have the excuse of them not having any concept of air conditioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still baffles me that we, as a species, have groups of people living in isolated places that have no idea what the rest of the world is like.

Imagine an alien species coming to earth and seeing this.

I mean, as a species in general, we fail pretty fucking hard at life. But to me, this just takes the cake. There shouldn't be 'first' and 'third' world countries, there shouldn't be people living in stone age villages tucked away in the mountains.

Also, I'm surprised nobody's post this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

There's a tribe off the coast of India that attacks and kills anyone that sets foot on their island; regardless, in response to your query, what would be the point? The races of mankind aren't equal, and in relation to their ability to function in the modern world, we would be better off if we merely followed the "Prime Directive" mindset from a popular TV show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It still baffles me that we, as a species, have groups of people living in isolated places that have no idea what the rest of the world is like.

I mean, as a species in general, we fail pretty fucking hard at life. But to me, this just takes the cake. There shouldn't be 'first' and 'third' world countries, there shouldn't be people living in stone age villages tucked away in the mountains.

Evolutionary pressures have produced different results, so there will always be a First, Second, Third, and Fourth World classification to the planet since the inhabitants of those regions are thousands of years apart in genetic capabilities. In short, your Marxist, "egalitarian" word vomit has no place in a realistic discussion about mankind.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-05-01 at 02:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If I lived in that environment, say for example I discovered an Island the size of Manhattan somewhere in the tropics, I'd probably just spend most of the time naked. Assuming I settled it with like minded people, why have AC when you can just go all natural and live in the shade?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Are all humans required to live within the same "system?" I mean is success or failure as a species dependent on everyone living the exact same lifestyle? The problem I see with your line of thinking is its lack of choice, that sort of global civilization arrangement offers little means of living in isolation should someone wish to.

Then there is no real way to approach them without being mistaken for monsters.
    This is not true.

Couple fishers washed ashore in a wooden rowboat.

They got killed instantly. They were drunk and sleeping, which is why the boat floated as it did.

The Sentinelese just really, really don't want anything to do with other humans, no matter how they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This is not true.

Couple fishers washed ashore in a wooden rowboat.

They got killed instantly. They were drunk and sleeping, which is why the boat floated as it did.

The Sentinelese just really, really don't want anything to do with other humans, no matter how they look.
    I would say that it indicates they don't want anything peaceful to do with other humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I would say that it indicates they don't want anything peaceful to do with other humans.
    Kinda implied with what I said, but okay, if you want to go to that nitpick.

Prime Directive One good sir. Sure they aren't really aliens ... but alien enough to count.