Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    How are the social conservatives making an issue of the status quo? My question is why it needs to be changed.
    Because the social conservatives are the ones making these laws that are TOTALLY unnecessary. They weren't an issue until this year. I bet they have been using the restroom next to a trans person at some point in their lives and never noticed anything. But now it is suddenly an issue because they can't bash gays with anti-gay laws anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So if someone does a poor job at looking like the opposite gender, you'd be fine with them not be let into the bathroom of their choice? Is this really going to be a "well how realistic do they look" issue?
    To an extent it already has. Just recently the police in North Caroline removed a woman who was born female from the female bathroom because she didn't look feminine enough.

And how big % will actually boycott?
    Stupid people being stupid having stupid fits over stupid things. So many millions of Americans DON'T "vow" to boycott Target which is all that matters.

Change your OP. It is unreadable and awful currently.

Give your source link (which you did), then post maybe a paragraph from the article, then give your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Which bathroom should a trans person use? The one for the sex they were born with or their new one? North Carolina (social conservatives) says use the one on your birth certificate.
    The one for their biological gender sounds right to me. What's wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because the social conservatives are the ones making these laws that are TOTALLY unnecessary. They weren't an issue until this year. I bet they have been using the restroom next to a trans person at some point in their lives and never noticed anything. But now it is suddenly an issue because they can't bash gays with anti-gay laws anymore.
    Aren't there already laws on the books that you have to use the proper bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    has anyone stopped to ask if any of these 1 million boycotters actually shop at target? 999,000 of them probably don't shop there anyway
    That's a good point. Rednecks generally go to Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    One million idiots threaten to not support a company that doesn't need the support of bigots? We already have a store for people like them, it's called Walmart.
    I love the term bigot. It's so overused that it's lost any useful meaning. Are you intolerant of others' opinions? Well I guess that depends on your definition of intolerance doesn't it? Is it intolerant to not spend your money in a business that does not support your values? Or does it depend on the values? Can only conservatives be bigots? I guess you could say that but it would be rather........ bigoted of you.

The one for their biological gender sounds right to me. What's wrong with that?

Aren't there already laws on the books that you have to use the proper bathroom?
    Yes, but what if they were born a woman and transitioned to a man? If they were born a woman in North Carolina they would have to go into the woman's bathroom by what the law in North Carolina says. Do you know what would happen then? They would get arrested for being in the women's bathroom.

Yes, but what if they were born a woman and transitioned to a man? If they were born a woman in North Carolina they would have to go into the woman's bathroom by what the law in North Carolina says. Do you know what would happen then? They would get arrested for being in the women's bathroom.
    Transitioned - do you mean they had a sex change operation? Or just that they are still a biological female but identify as a male? I'm sorry I'm not up on the lingo.

If they had a sex change operation and they are physically and hormonally and behaviorally the different gender, I don't understand why (or how) anyone would make a fuss.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man IDK about most of you but I try not to use the bathroom in public places if I can help it anyways.

I don't see the big deal regardless, aside from urinals you do your business in a stall.

Transitioned - do you mean they had a sex change operation? Or just that they are still a biological female but identify as a male? I'm sorry I'm not up on the lingo.

If they had a sex change operation and they are physically and hormonally and behaviorally the different gender, I don't understand why (or how) anyone would make a fuss.
    North Carolina and Mississippi's laws are like that. They are making people that have transitioned go back to their birth bathroom. Which is why all of these companies are now pulling out business ventures there. The NBA are pulling their All-Star game from there next year. Facebook stopped an expansion there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm more confused as to why people using the bathroom of the opposite person is even considered 'progress.' Why is it such a big deal that you can walk in to another bathroom just because you feel like a person of the opposite sex... Hell, with all of the politically correct requirements happening just so people don't get confused were probably gonna end up with three different bathrooms at every store - Men | Woman | Both - Then people can walk in to whichever bathroom they're happy with. I really just can not figure out what the big deal was with the way things were. I work somewhere with gay people, and they walk in to the men's bathroom all the time and I could not care less, and they have never had a problem with it in the past, so why now, and why does it make a difference?

Mostly, why is it considered progress to be able to piss and shit in the bathroom of the opposite sex?

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter in North Carolina, either way you still use the bathroom that your birth certificate says you're supposed to use.

You must not have been around a lot of bigoted people then. Many of them see equal rights laws for LGBT as a legal means to do lewd and strange things.

See we already have laws against masterbating in public, it is called public indecency.
    I have a question for you though, which bathrooms should these people be in?
    http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...h16n-5-web.jpg
    http://41.media.tumblr.com/b7e4bd936...qatkhx_500.jpg
    Because if you are saying the men's room, they would be breaking the laws in North Carolina and Mississippi because they were previously women. One of them is even being shown on the cover of Men's Health magazine.
    I think the best way to do it is to keep it simple, if the person has a penis, go into the men's room. If the person has a vagina, go into the women's room. As I've said, this has been the system we've been using for multiple life times and it seems to be working out well.

That being said, do you agree with the public indecency law? Do you agree with the new law in North Carolina? Because when I mentioned the masterbating in public route, I wasn't really trying to get into the legal side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am so confused by this post.
    I think I can alleviate the confusion

You know it. Trust me, if you've ever been a salesman Target is one of the worst companies to have to deal with. They're selling all the shit you can order on Amazon or walk into another store and buy mostly cheaper yet they act like they're some top shelf elite store. Ultra demanding, impossible to please, changing rules based on who you're dealing with, a fucking nightmare of accountability. And since I'm a hetero male I'm not their customer base anyways so there's never been a need to shop there.

Always felt bad when I had to go there to sell or negotiate for my products and you see these father figures looking miserable or these metrosexual hipsters looking like they're in heaven. Some hurts go too deep hahahahaha.
    Should be more clear now. Glad I could help
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

North Carolina and Mississippi's laws are like that. They are making people that have transitioned go back to their birth bathroom.
    I think what they're actually doing is making them use the bathroom that's consistent with the sex on their birth certificate. Which is fine, of course. What's not fine are the requirements needed to actually get your sex changed on the actual form. People shouldn't have to have completed sexual reassignment surgery in order to get the form changed.

Good, maybe they'll shop small business for a change.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think what they're actually doing is making them use the bathroom that's consistent with the sex on their birth certificate. Which is fine, of course. What's not fine are the requirements needed to actually get your sex changed on the actual form. People shouldn't have to have completed sexual reassignment surgery in order to get the form changed.
    So they are making them use the bathroom based on their birth certificate and you are fine with them? So a trans man has to go into the ladies room because he was born a woman and you would be fine with that? Not me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Good, maybe they'll shop small business for a change.
    Won't happen cuz they are more often than not like twice as expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I love the term bigot. It's so overused that it's lost any useful meaning. Are you intolerant of others' opinions? Well I guess that depends on your definition of intolerance doesn't it? Is it intolerant to not spend your money in a business that does not support your values? Or does it depend on the values? Can only conservatives be bigots? I guess you could say that but it would be rather........ bigoted of you.
    I called them a bigot because that's what they are. They are intolerant of a company who holds the opinion that people should use the bathroom they are comfortable in. I never once said that I am going to boycott something they support. Also saying someone who is intolerant of intolerance is a bigot is a fallacious one. The intolerance paradox is a bullshit made by simple minds to make themselves feel okay about their hate.

Being a bigot is not unique to conservatives, but it definitely leans that way due to their defined party lines.

Won't happen cuz they are more often than not like twice as expensive.
    Pretty much. I give this protest 2 weeks before people realize.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8