Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Exactly but being in therapy and on anti-depressants wouldn't change the fact that your family hates you. Most pre op people probably take anti-depressants as well. It is clearly a psychological issue first.

If it isn't a mental disorder then what is it? What else do you call someone thinking that they are something that they aren't? It is just a semantics argument.
    Except many of them aren't hated by their families. My daughter isn't. She's also happy and just fine.

Why on earth is it any of your business anyway? Who cares where they pee or what they want to be? If I put a flower on my head and call myself a tulip, just pat me on the head, smile, and go about your day.

It truly is none of your business.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Every study there points to a huge quality of life increase, but after care is still needed since early life shit tends to screw you up for life.
    How exactly does this prove that suicide rates correlate with discrimination?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    So no damage in undergoing an operation. Check. So what's the harm in socially considering them by their new gender?
    Because they aren't the other "gender". They are transsexual, they should be called that. They aren't men or women at that point, they are something in between and that is as technically accurate as you can be.

How exactly does this prove that suicide rates correlate with discrimination?
    You seem to be pushing this idea that transitioning does nothing to improve their life, I provided studies to show you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not arguing that it does. Just pointing out that it's pretty foolish to blame depression on bullying in an individual who is already atypical.
    I have no say in depression rates and causes. There are multiple factors in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by katmandu26 View Post
    Except many of them aren't hated by their families. My daughter isn't. She's also happy and just fine.

Why on earth is it any of your business anyway? Who cares where they pee or what they want to be? If I put a flower on my head and call myself a tulip, just pat me on the head, smile, and go about your day.

It truly is none of your business.
    You clearly didn't read anything else I said in this thread. I said these people are NOT killing themselves because of discrimination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What if they have cancer and have to have their parts removed? What are they then?

What if they're born with neither parts? What if they're born with both parts?

Therapy and anti-depressants take time to work. They're not instant cures.

Are you a psychologist? No? Then your opinion on was is and is not a mental illness is irrelevant.
    Are you just pretending to be retarded or are you actually retarded? If they had to have them removed then they had to have been born with them. Hermaphrodites are a thing, but they are not trannys. Maybe stop being a fucking retard and trying to turn this around on me when you can't refute science.

You seem to be pushing this idea that transitioning does nothing to improve their life, I provided studies to show you are wrong.
    I never said that. In fact, I said quite the opposite. So again how does discrimination correlate with suicide in transgender people?

Not arguing that it does. Just pointing out that it's pretty foolish to blame depression on bullying in an individual who is already atypical.

I find this to be a highly amusing statement coming from someone advocating trans rights.

If having the organs/physiology is not what makes a woman, and birth sex is not what makes a woman, why do transexuals need to have surgery in the first place?

This is why I personally have no sympathy for trans people.

Because to them, being a woman means wearing skirts and having breasts and shaving their legs and a bunch of other stupid superficial crap. If you are mentally a woman and that's all you need to actually be a "woman" then why the hell do you need to physically change who you are into someone you aren't? It's hypocritical. Trans people put themselves in the position to be attacked (I'm not condoning the attacks, but if you know it's going to happen and you do it anyway, don't then whine about it happening. I should be able to walk around any inner city neighborhood wearing any colors I want, but I don't, because that would be putting myself in a dangerous position).

Frankly, I find a lot of MTF trans people to be outright insulting to the female gender, because their concept of being a woman is some shitty, gender-role reinforcing stereotype.

Be who you are. Feeling the need to have or not have a penis is no less superficial than feeling the need to have straight hair or large breasts or toned muscles.
    You're assuming all transsexuals get the surgery. You're also assuming they all wear dresses.

And WTF is wrong with you that you think they put themselves in to positions to be attacked? Do women do that too when they wear short skirts? Of course it's not the attackers fault, be they rapist, bigot or transphobic, it's the victim's fault for putting themselves in that position in the first place.

I'd say go crawl back under your rock.

Because they aren't the other "gender". They are transsexual, they should be called that. They aren't men or women at that point, they are something in between and that is as technically accurate as you can be.
    That's not exactly a harm, but more like you just being bothered with labeling. If society calls them the other gender, then they are treated and considered the other gender.

- - - Updated - - -

No her studies showed that transitioning does improve their life.

That's not exactly a harm, but more like you just being bothered with labeling. If society calls them the other gender, then they are treated and considered the other gender.
    But they aren't the other gender. They are just imitating it physically while being convinced mentally. If society fulls labels them as the other gender than they are simply wrong because there are still clear differences.

You clearly didn't read anything else I said in this thread. I said these people are NOT killing themselves because of discrimination.
    I'm not going to read 60 pages to understand your post. Your post was ill informed as it stood alone, and incorrect. Don't make assumptions you know nothing about. It's doubtful you even *know* a transsexual, you're just speaking your mind without context, and it shows.

But they aren't the other gender. They are just imitating it physically while being convinced mentally. If society fulls labels them as the other gender than they are simply wrong because there are still clear differences.
    Again, who is being harmed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Are you just pretending to be retarded or are you actually retarded? If they had to have them removed then they had to have been born with them. Hermaphrodites are a thing, but they are not trannys. Maybe stop being a fucking retard and trying to turn this around on me when you can't refute science.
    You realize that it's science that enables people to get sex reassignment surgery in the first place? lol at trying to invoke science to support your bigotry. Science is what's making this possible in the first place.

I never said that. In fact, I said quite the opposite. So again how does discrimination correlate with suicide in transgender people?
    You could go along with strain theory on this one, increased strain from society increases stress ect, but depression rates and suicidal tendencies do go down after transition due to multiple factors in play.

I feel I missed something in this conversation though, may have mixed you and video games up, who knows, the one you are having is well, sort of subjective and not really definite at this point. So carry on!

I'm not going to read 60 pages to understand your post. Your post was ill informed as it stood alone, and incorrect. Don't make assumptions you know nothing about. It's doubtful you even *know* a transsexual, you're just speaking your mind without context, and it shows.
    I never said that all transsexual people have families that hate them. I was answering a hypothetical. Don't jump into a discussion if you don't want to bother understanding it.

I never said that all transsexual people have families that hate them. I was answering a hypothetical. Don't jump into a discussion if you don't want to bother understanding it.
    How about you don't discuss what transsexuals want and/or are without understanding them?

I find this to be a highly amusing statement coming from someone advocating trans rights.

If having the organs/physiology is not what makes a woman, and birth sex is not what makes a woman, why do transexuals need to have surgery in the first place?

This is why I personally have no sympathy for trans people.

Because to them, being a woman means wearing skirts and having breasts and shaving their legs and a bunch of other stupid superficial crap. If you are mentally a woman and that's all you need to actually be a "woman" then why the hell do you need to physically change who you are into someone you aren't? It's hypocritical.
    "I'm a woman because I mentally identify as one, b-But being a woman means having these specific features." (which would mean you aren't one)

Trans people put themselves in the position to be attacked (I'm not condoning the attacks, but if you know it's going to happen and you do it anyway, don't then whine about it happening. I should be able to walk around any inner city neighborhood wearing any colors I want, but I don't, because that would be putting myself in a dangerous position).

Frankly, I find a lot of MTF trans people to be outright insulting to the female gender, because their concept of being a woman is some shitty, gender-role reinforcing stereotype.

Be who you are. Feeling the need to have or not have a penis is no less superficial than feeling the need to have straight hair or large breasts or toned muscles.
    Oh, so now you want to argue that it's mentality that makes them male or female? Well, that's easy then.

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize that it's science that enables people to get sex reassignment surgery in the first place? lol at trying to invoke science to support your bigotry. Science is what's making this possible in the first place.
    And? Science labels things such as male and female which you can't change. Like I said before, you can't put dog ears on a cat and say it's a dog and if you do, you're wrong.

You lefists throw around the words bigotry and transphobia and transmisogyny all the time that they have no meaning anymore. Disagreeing =! hate and prejudice.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-05-01 at 07:21 AM.

Again, who is being harmed here?
    Well for one if you want to consider an MtF transsexual a full female then they should have full rights to play in women's sports which would be very bad for real women. You can't just pretend facts aren't facts because it makes someone feel better about themselves, you have to face reality and the unique difficulty of the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

How about you don't discuss what transsexuals want and/or are without understanding them?
    Can you clarify what I said that has pissed you off so bad? I am in favor of transsexual rights.

You're assuming all transsexuals get the surgery. You're also assuming they all wear dresses.

And WTF is wrong with you that you think they put themselves in to positions to be attacked? Do women do that too when they wear short skirts? Of course it's not the attackers fault, be they rapist, bigot or transphobic, it's the victim's fault for putting themselves in that position in the first place.

I'd say go crawl back under your rock.
    I'm not assuming anything, I'm specifically referring to trans people who desire to have the surgery, crossdress, etc.

Who said it's not the attackers fault? Sweet strawman you've got there, friend.
    I said that they put themselves in the position to be victimized.

A rapist is a rapist.
    A woman who walks home through a shitty neighborhood at 1am, drunk, alone, and in revealing clothes is an idiot.

It's not her fault the rapist is a rapist, it is her fault she put herself in a stupid situation where she's extremely vulnerable.

It's not trans people's fault bigots are bigots, but when you put on trashy looking makeup and ill-fitting clothes and walk around, you have to expect people are going to separate you out. Just like if you walk around in full BDSM garb, or in a princess dress or any other atypical appearance.

Oh, so now you want to argue that it's mentality that makes them male or female? Well, that's easy then.
    I'm pointing out that if mentality is all that makes someone male or female (which is what trans people believe) then the physical appearance is not "who you are" it is a choice like any other superficial stylistic choice.