Page 31 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    The whole concept of a republic is to avoid the tyranny that a majority often brings with it. You wouldn't be so pleased with this outcome if it worked against your ideological stances rather than with; hence why principle matters.

I just knocked over your entire argument, again, by the bolded - which you, funny enough, provide for me this time.
    You honestly can fuss all day and night Kelliak that this situation isn't reflective of how our representative country should work, but the fact of the matter is that it is not exactly the most functioning way of accomplishing matters. It hasn't been and it is going to continue to not be - we all disagree on petty stuff and people are too narrow minded.

Also, simply saying that you've "knocked over my argument" doesn't make it true, I'm afraid. It's very valid and very true - the legislation in question is, statistically, agreed to be a poor piece of legislation by the majority of Americans. While North Carolina may have elected people to their office that they feel "represents" them, they forget that 48/49 (Mississippi) other states do not want the potential of this coming to their states. Not to mention that the people who voted this bill into play fit the exact stereotype of anti-LGBT personnel (mostly white, older men with a Christian background, also mostly Republican).

You are more than welcome to take a chill pill on your attacks/anger however; the statement "I just knocked over your entire argument, again, by the bolded - which you, funny enough, provide for me this time." is normally provided by people who are struggling to debate civilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Many male creeps wouldn't be able "pass", and women would spot them, the second they opened the door, and run screaming for the police.

But if they claim to "identify" as a woman, then we have to wait -- till they get us in a vulnerable position or back us in a corner!

How bout we wait for the coming lawsuits?
    Oh...and how many times has a person 'identifying' as a woman cornered you in a bathroom? Seriously...

(And, while it's already been stated, thanks to these laws, these imaginary people you're creating can just walk in to a woman's restroom and say they're a transman without dressing up or anything! It's actually EASIER with the discrimination law than without...)

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yes I am a woman, and the perving people do is very minimal. Tiny, by what measurement? Petite by what measurement? Blonde, what relevance does that make?

Or just maybe you are making half of it up, with some added hyperbole to make it sound far worse aswell.
    I'm 5 foot even, weigh less than 100 lbs, and this isn't the first time I've said I was tiny, and have neither the weight or upper body strength to "take down" a child on this board.

Go to the knives thread and read for yourself.

Oh, and as far as being blonde goes? even my husband says I get hit on all the time because I somehow look "easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    While Disney did throw it's muscle around, it again didn't break or threaten to break any laws. They simply said they would stop doing business there. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but neither Disney or Target here did or does anything involving intentionally choosing to disobey laws. As for the other half of your argument, there's really no way to control what Disney did. You can't really force a company to accept the policies of a city/state/country it doesn't agree with morally. You can argue they have too much power, but the end result is they haven't actually done anything wrong and there's really no way to legislate it to force them to do business in a particular place. That's what contracts are for.
    Again, it isn't just about disobeying law, it's about having the weight and power, along with the will, to extort governments to do as you please in contrary to the representation of the people. That isn't right no matter how you try to spin it.

Many male creeps wouldn't be able "pass", and women would spot them, the second they opened the door, and run screaming for the police.

But if they claim to "identify" as a woman, then we have to wait -- till they get us in a vulnerable position or back us in a corner!

How bout we wait for the coming lawsuits?
    Do you even try using logic, honestly? How exactly are male creeps not be able to pass as themselves? (transmen, you know those who look and sound exactly like men, have to by NC law use womens room, therefore making it possible for any single guy to walk in just as they are)

I'm 5 foot even, weigh less than 100 lbs, and this isn't the first time I've said I was tiny, and have neither the weight or upper body strength to "take down" a child on this board.

Go to the knives thread and read for yourself.
    And what makes you think I could fend off guy twice my size? Just because I'm marginally taller and heavier than you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

...Even though we've had states where businesses threatened to leave over social legislation(that really wouldn't even effect them in the end) and as a result killed said legislation before it became law? That doesn't sound like the government has more power but rather is beholden to business. Then we all know what a shit-fest D.C. is these days concerning lobbying and the likes.

Not sure where where you're coming to your conclusions but I don't think they're grounded within reality but rather an abstract, odd view of the situation.
    For the bolded part: As someone who has a gay friend who works for Disney, I assure you that Georgia bill would have negatively impacted their business. There are MANY LGBT identifying people who work for their company or have a shared fandom of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Touch of Anarchy View Post
    You honestly can fuss all day and night Kelliak that this situation isn't reflective of how our representative country should work, but the fact of the matter is that it is not exactly the most functioning way of accomplishing matters. It hasn't been and it is going to continue to not be - we all disagree on petty stuff and people are too narrow minded.

Also, simply saying that you've "knocked over my argument" doesn't make it true, I'm afraid. It's very valid and very true - the legislation in question is, statistically, agreed to be a poor piece of legislation by the majority of Americans. While North Carolina may have elected people to their office that they feel "represents" them, they forget that 48/49 (Mississippi) other states do not want the potential of this coming to their states. Not to mention that the people who voted this bill into play fit the exact stereotype of anti-LGBT personnel (mostly white, older men with a Christian background, also mostly Republican).

You are more than welcome to take a chill pill on your attacks/anger however; the statement "I just knocked over your entire argument, again, by the bolded - which you, funny enough, provide for me this time." is normally provided by people who are struggling to debate civilly.
    I'm going to read that first sentence... yep, more argument about how we should continue to let corporations fuck us in the ass freely when it suits us... which doesn't make any sense. You know, when you actually get down to core issues and not the fruity bullshit permeating the airways currently. I think I'll stop that there. We're done. You're willing to take a morally corrupt high-ground for the sake of having the high-ground, essentially. Which truthfully, in the end, just means you're morally corrupt with a fair view. Congratulations! Enjoy it. I won't be joining you.

And what makes you think I could fend off guy twice my size? Just because I'm marginally taller and heavier than you?
    I'm here wondering how guys have rubbed their dicks on her butt while on the bus if she's 5 foot.

No, we won't see. There simply isn't anything to see - you sitting here saying that the movement is gaining steam doesn't at all change the fact that Target is going to be fine. Unless some sort of catastrophe happened where their HQ and all of their stores were destroyed at once, nothing will happen to them.

You remind me of an angry customer that didn't get their way and wanted to speak to a manager about it, then proceeded to tell that manager that "You know... I saw on the news that your business was going down dramatically" as a last resort, attempted kick-in-the-nuts for nobody's gain.
    Well check in again in a week to see where targets stocks are, they are down the funnel my fine feathered friend.

Again, it isn't just about disobeying law, it's about having the weight and power, along with the will, to extort governments to do as you please in contrary to the representation of the people. That isn't right no matter how you try to spin it.
    I think you missed my point: how do you fix it? How do you force a company to do business in a state they do not morally agree with? What legal way do you stop this supposed abuse of power? This is how our nation works. I'm not picking your side or the corporation's side, I'm simply saying that they are playing by the rules of the country they operate in.

I'm going to read that first sentence... yep, more argument about how we should continue to let corporations fuck us in the ass freely when it suits us... which doesn't make any sense. You know, when you actually get down to core issues and not the fruity bullshit permeating the airways currently. I think I'll stop that there. We're done. You're willing to take a morally corrupt high-ground for the sake of having the high-ground, essentially. Which truthfully, in the end, just means you're morally corrupt with a fair view. Congratulations! Enjoy it. I won't be joining you.
    No problem; you already established in your last quote that you were only unfortunately capable of only seeing what you wanted to and not reading it past it, usually to take it out of context.

Best of luck to you in life my friend; I'm guessing you're roughly 18, or 11 with that childish mindset. You've got quite a long life ahead if you only stop at the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    And how will you be able to tell the difference between the transmen who would then be forced to use the women's bathroom and normal men?

Target has had this policy for a long time, I don't think there has been any lawsuits. If you think there will be, then certainly there has been in the past and you'd be able to provide them as evidence.
    if Target had this policy for a long time, I certainly didn't know about it. doubt the creeps did either.

How will I know the difference? I wouldn't! Not until they actually did something! But then, it would be too late to run out screaming.

For the bolded part: As someone who has a gay friend who works for Disney, I assure you that Georgia bill would have negatively impacted their business. There are MANY LGBT identifying people who work for their company or have a shared fandom of their products.
    Still doesn't give them a right to strong-arm the government. They can move those employees away, set them up elsewhere, and replace them. Better yet, they could go to the Supreme Court and argue how this is not only unconstitutional but could damage their overall business within the state. You know, actually work through legal channels that we have versus yet once more use their size to bully and intimidate government officials into submission.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem; you already established in your last quote that you were only unfortunately capable of only seeing what you wanted to and not reading it past it, usually to take it out of context.

Best of luck to you in life my friend; I'm guessing you're roughly 18, or 11 with that childish mindset. You've got quite a long life ahead if you only stop at the first sentence.
    I don't need to read past one sentence with you. You like to fluff up your argument with essentially the same argument. It's wasting my time. Often one sentence would be all that is needed to convey your position accurately. Thanks for the insult about my age and maturity though.

I'm here wondering how guys have rubbed their dicks on her butt while on the bus if she's 5 foot.
    By sliding up and down, what did you think? Are you finding this funny? it isn't.

if Target had this policy for a long time, I certainly didn't know about it. doubt the creeps did either.

How will I know the difference? I wouldn't! Not until they actually did something! But then, it would be too late to run out screaming.
    So, how would forcing people to use the bathroom based on birth sex help?

By sliding up and down, what did you think? Are you finding this funny? it isn't.
    No, I'm questioning if it happened or if you made it up.

I think you missed my point: how do you fix it? How do you force a company to do business in a state they do not morally agree with? What legal way do you stop this supposed abuse of power? This is how our nation works. I'm not picking your side or the corporation's side, I'm simply saying that they are playing by the rules of the country they operate in.
    You picked the side of corporations. This is all political games and you're playing right into.

So, how would forcing people to use the bathroom based on birth sex help?
    Keeps the men out! Oh wait...Actually it just opened the doors for all men, just as they are, no need to dress up or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Still doesn't give them a right to strong-arm the government. They can move those employees away, set them up elsewhere, and replace them. Better yet, they could go to the Supreme Court and argue how this is not only unconstitutional but could damage their overall business within the state. You know, actually work through legal channels that we have versus yet once more use their size to bully and intimidate government officials into submission.
    Obviously Disney wouldn't think it proper to relocate their employees but not their business. "Hey, 'Mickey', uh, so, Georgia doesn't like your kind. So you have to go to Florida, but everyone you work with is gonna stay right here, ok?" Not exactly a great way to run a company. It's actually rather admirable in my book that Disney wants you to accept them as a team (white and heterosexual or LGBT or minority or anything else) or nothing. Would you not do the same for your friends or family? That being said, you mention legal channels again and I will again mention...there is nothing illegal being done here. These are completely legal channels. Your issue should not be with Disney (or Target), but the system. And I encourage you, take it up. Fight for your cause. Corporations do hold far too much sway, but it's because it IS legal. If more people would be willing to stand up and say politics shouldn't be bought, I think we'd absolutely be in a better place.

Do you even try using logic, honestly? How exactly are male creeps not be able to pass as themselves? (transmen, you know those who look and sound exactly like men, have to by NC law use womens room, therefore making it possible for any single guy to walk in just as they are)

Once again, they wouldn't have to "pass", they apparently just have claim they "identify" as a woman. I already said that though. are you experiencing a reading comprehension difficulty?

And I have no idea what your self-protection capabilities are. I just know I have none, and that pretty obvious, making me an easy target.

- - - Updated - - -

Keeps the men out! Oh wait...Actually it just opened the doors for all men, just as they are, no need to dress up or anything.
    I've already covered that. Go back and read, unless you're not genuinely interested in the answer.

Obviously Disney wouldn't think it proper to relocate their employees but not their business. "Hey, 'Mickey', uh, so, Georgia doesn't like your kind. So you have to go to Florida, but everyone you work with is gonna stay right here, ok?" Not exactly a great way to run a company. It's actually rather admirable in my book that Disney wants you to accept them as a team (white and heterosexual or LGBT or minority or anything else) or nothing. Would you not do the same for your friends or family? That being said, you mention legal channels again and I will again mention...there is nothing illegal being done here. These are completely legal channels. Your issue should not be with Disney (or Target), but the system. And I encourage you, take it up. Fight for your cause. Corporations do hold far too much sway, but it's because it IS legal. If more people would be willing to stand up and say politics shouldn't be bought, I think we'd absolutely be in a better place.
    You're actually giving a multi-billion dollar corporation the image of giving a fuck versus playing political games and throwing their weight around for kudos.

...Have I fucking woken up in an alternate universe where up is down and evil is good? One day I'm reading how money corrupts, corporations are evil and not to be trusted, the next... they're compassionate fighters for justice only worried about the little guy.

Fuck me. This is why I don't vote anymore. This is why I'm about ready to step away from any kind of political debate - period. It's fucked. Completely fucked.