Poll: What game you buying

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Overwatch for me, I liked battleborn for the campaign as Mika on the open beta, but I can't justify paying full price for battleborn for the one character I liked and a campaign mode.

Overwatch easily.

I tried the Battleborn beta and the immediate thing that annoyed me was even to play solo you have to play online (similar to Diablo 3). Unless that was a temporary beta thing, but the Wi-Fi in my house isn't the greatest, so if even one other person is loading youtube videos or something, it lags. And the lag was extremely noticeable in Battleborn.

Also wasn't really feeling the initial villain just feeling like Handsome Jack was infused into Claptrap. Maybe it was just a bad first impression, but I wasn't able to get past the start, yet had tons of fun with the Overwatch beta, and now my friends are actually gonna be able to play with me too.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're entirely different games.

I'm getting both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't looked at battleborn but overwatch seems like it'll get boring very fast whenn playing solo, so for the price getting neither.

Deleted
    Battleborn launches the same day as Overwatch's open beta. A taunt directed at Blizzard, or just something very stupid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Battleborn launches the same day as Overwatch's open beta. A taunt directed at Blizzard, or just something very stupid?
    Battleborn's release date was announced before Overwatch's open beta date was announced...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Battleborn's release date was announced before Overwatch's open beta date was announced...
    Then I stand corrected and it looks more like a show of power from Blizzard.

Well im getting overwatch for sure but BB is sooner and does seem fun except, its a full buy to play game with pay to play mechanics. With overwatch you get all champs so you feel like your getting a full game. In BB you only get a hand ful and most complete arbitrary requirements to unlock the others. Plus im afraid BB will have severe imbalance issues from the start with lack of full testing on the champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Overwatch easily.

I tried the Battleborn beta and the immediate thing that annoyed me was even to play solo you have to play online (similar to Diablo 3). Unless that was a temporary beta thing, but the Wi-Fi in my house isn't the greatest, so if even one other person is loading youtube videos or something, it lags. And the lag was extremely noticeable in Battleborn.

Also wasn't really feeling the initial villain just feeling like Handsome Jack was infused into Claptrap. Maybe it was just a bad first impression, but I wasn't able to get past the start, yet had tons of fun with the Overwatch beta, and now my friends are actually gonna be able to play with me too.
    I think that was for the beta only. I think SP will be playable offline.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Leaning towards Battleborn, will decide after Overwatch beta. I'll at least get Battleborn when it goes on sale.

Overwatch looks like TF2: Blizzard Edition. Not sure how much I like Tf2 for $30.

Battleborn gives you more upfront tats for sure. In the event that both games have weak launches (D3 type backlash, not necessarily sales), Blizzard will support their game the longest where we know Gearbox will probably just fully support the development of BL3.
    Who cares what other game it looks like, do you have fun is the only thing that matters. Only hipsters care about shit like being too much like TF2. Try the game before you make knee jerk reactions to it. I have tried both games and they are both good fun games. My only problem with battleborn is it costs $60 + $20 season pAss.

"Season pass" is just another word for 'subscription' without having to say the dirty S word.

Probably neither. BB doesn't seem too appealing to me, and I'll just go play TF2 if I want to scratch the Overwatch itch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordered Overwatch.

OVERWATCH NO BETA CLUB IS THE ONLY WORTHY CLUB, as we weren't one of tons of streamers who actually got access, yet did very little to no showcase on the game.
    Only two days (1:42 AM May 1st here where I live currently), so technically only two days until open beta early access due to pre-ordering some time in advance, therefore I'll be enjoying playing Overwatch in around 50+ hours.

I'll check out Overwatch during Open Beta. If it's any good, I'm totally buying it. Otherwise, sticking to Paladins, that game is a damn copy of Overwatch anyway, and it's free:P

Deleted
    I have preordered Overwatch and will play it every now and then with friends
    Battleborn, no no.
    Paladins, however, you should have mentioned that as well... I can see it have longer lasting power on me than overwatch, sure it's still in closed beta but it's getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Pre-ordered Overwatch.

OVERWATCH NO BETA CLUB IS THE ONLY WORTHY CLUB, as we weren't one of tons of streamers who actually got access, yet did very little to no showcase on the game.
    Only two days (1:42 AM May 1st here where I live currently), so technically only two days until open beta early access due to pre-ordering some time in advance, therefore I'll be enjoying playing Overwatch in around 50+ hours.
    The streamer pool was separate from the opt in pool, I know it isn't possible but you didn't get in because you are but one in 7 million people who signed up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. Played Overwatch and I don't like being unable to beat someone because their character counters my character. In my opinion FPS's should be purely about skill.

Of course, plenty of people like this thing, so from an innovation standpoint I like it. It just isn't my cup of tea. If it was F2P I'd probably play simply because a lot of my friends are getting it, but since it's B2P I doubt I'll play it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    THERE'S A SNAKE IN MAH BOOT!

Already bought Overwatch and played in the Beta. It is really damn fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Neither. Played Overwatch and I don't like being unable to beat someone because their character counters my character. In my opinion FPS's should be purely about skill.

Of course, plenty of people like this thing, so from an innovation standpoint I like it. It just isn't my cup of tea. If it was F2P I'd probably play simply because a lot of my friends are getting it, but since it's B2P I doubt I'll play it.
    Psst... that's why you switch heroes to adapt to current circumstances and defeat your enemy. You've got to be flexible, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    THERE'S A SNAKE IN MAH BOOT!

Already bought Overwatch and played in the Beta. It is really damn fun.

Psst... that's why you switch heroes to adapt to current circumstances and defeat your enemy. You've got to be flexible, bro.
    I always enjoy the defeatest attitude these people have.

"I died once, game sucks."

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I always enjoy the defeatest attitude these people have.

"I died once, game sucks."
    Dude, I died so many times, but I still had a great time. The only thing that wasn't fun was the rare uber lagg and not getting to play longer. Even trying out heroes I sucked at was pretty great.

BB and OW are...nothing alike. Why do people keep comparing them? One is a team based shooter and the other is a first person MOBA.

Having experienced both (open beta for BB and beta weekend for OW) I'm definitely getting OW. BB made my wife motion sick and all the MOBA elements are a huge turn off for me. I hope BB does well but I had a lot of fun with OW and it didn't make her motion sick so that's a plus, lol. FPS's don't usually affect her like that, I think it's all the ...arms and limbs and other random elements BB characters have waving around.