Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do physics for a living. It's pretty tedious, but if you really, really like it, it's quite an amazing field. And yes, master's or better, you won't find a job with just a B.S. in physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    you should major in feels and safe spaces, that's what college is about these days.
    I'm not that long out of college, and I never saw a single thing like they show at a small handful of colleges. I'd wager something like 95% of colleges don't have this whole safe space triggered whatever problem.

communications is a pretty wide ranging field.

10+ Year Old Account
    pick a field that you can see yourself working in. ring up or email people in that field and ask for insight into their decision process & happyness.

take some initiative.
    Hi

Math. You can then collaborate with scientists in every one of those disciplines, and many more. Well, if you go get a math PhD.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I was thinking about geophysics for awhile also.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, nooooooo...
    I don't recommend taking geophysics as a major. Take it as minor if you are majoring in Geology or Geotechnical Engineering. As a pure geophysicist, your employment will be limited to the mining industries or government agencies (USGS).