Poll: do you like to go camping and do you like the outdoors?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to alot growing up. But never have since the last time and never will again. I have never been so cold in my life. Now if I can't stay in a building somewhere i can't be bothered going.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I go camping up north a few times a year, every year with a group of friends. We don't backpack, we do use a commercial site, but we have a site up a hill secluded in the trees where it's pretty much completely on its lonesome. This year we hope to finally start backpacking and setting up our own camps.

We've had a couple of fun experiences. One year a freak snowstorm blew in our camp and sent us rushing for our tents; we slept with the temperature in the teens (F) that night. Another year we watched severe storms passing on either side of our lakefront campsite (clear view), with nary a drop of rain where we were until 1am when a torrential storm struck our site, flattening our tents on top of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Used to alot growing up. But never have since the last time and never will again. I have never been so cold in my life. Now if I can't stay in a building somewhere i can't be bothered going.
    where did you go camping that it was so cold?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    it's hot and I had to shower 3 times a day to avoid getting heat rash on my crotch. Other than that the hiking trails and rock formations and such were nice. The last time I went it poured the last night and I mean like so badly that during the night the tent rolled like on it's side and I never woke up during it lol. Camping has it's ups and down depending on time of year I prefer to go in the fall cause it's cooler.
    Dude, the answer for you is no and you don't like outdoors "I'm camping, showering 3 times a day" I'm laughing out loud here.

I've never been backpack camping, but my mother's taken me (car camping) to some very isolated campgrounds before where the only people I remember seeing are the ones we made our trip with. Tents, sleeping bags, and port-a-potties are what I remember. It was easier when I was smaller, and not just because I was the kid with no actual responsibilities. It was a lot of fun. I wish she were still able to do camping trips... might be able to swing it with an RV some time, I suppose. As much as that will feel like cheating, it'd be camping with Mom! (she's awesome!)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    where did you go camping that it was so cold?
    Most places (including deserts) get very cold at night, even during the summer. In the early and late parts of the summer it can drop in the 20's and 30's (F) in Wisconsin where we camp.

Deleted
    I used to go camping all the time when I was younger, with my Dad etc. In a tent, in the Scottish wilds, usually beside some remote loch, was great.

I took my wife, young son and daughter camping a couple of years back and it struck me how vulnerable we were, I really did not sleep at all - every noise had me bolt upright. Lasted 2 days, then we found a tick in the tent... fuck this shit, time to go home.