10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy The Inscription Profession: Keep or Cut?

Glyphs have been getting nerfed or cut entirely since its introduction back in Wrath. Nerfs done through no direct fault of the profession itself. Kinda makes you wonder if Blizz should just remove the profession entirely and just let players buy Glyphs with gold.

When Inscription was first introduced, Glyphs were the main reason to run this class followed by powerful situational enchantments exclusive to the profession. The profession has clearly been moving away from Glyphs while trying to remain relevant. I think the MoP flying mounts were the most unique things you could make with the profession for those who worked toward them.

Now...you really can't help but wonder if the profesion will be around after Legion. Its main purpose for being has been undermined from the beginning while everything else is done better by other professions. What motivation does someone have to roll Inscription now? I Say this as someone who has rolled an inscription alt every expansion. If Inscription doesn't get any love next expansion, I'll take it as a sign it's no longer viable I guess.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I don't remember the whole list, nor can I find the source right now, but Blizzard addressed this and I recall there being a fairly substantial list of things that Scribes are about to be able to make.

Glyphs are still one of them, as well as Darkmoon Cards, Toys, and I believe Scribes make the Boss Buff Cards (+10% more Damage to [BOSS] for this week) and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd say take advantage of your garrison buildings and cheap WoD mats to quickly and cheaply level new proffs if you want to reroll for legion

inscription will be the most important proffesion of the expansion for raiders die to 10 % buff against set boss and you see it as pointless nice joke

The change of glyphs to permanent was supposed to "kill" inscription, but it didn't.
    So I think it is overly dramatic at this point to decide the profession is just dead.
    Move away from it sure, but don't be so keen to outright dismiss it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Just wait and see what happens. Just remember all the idiots who dropped the gathering professions because of garrison ""replacing" them. I bet they feel foolish now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Just wait and see what happens. Just remember all the idiots who dropped the gathering professions because of garrison ""replacing" them. I bet they feel foolish now.
    Yeah I feel totally stupid for what I missed there
    Anyways yes should have just gotten rid of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Um, the trinkets are the single largest gold making endeavor early into an expansion, and even then deep into the content. Pleasedo a bit of research first, because it's far from pointless
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I think the MoP flying mounts were the most unique things you could make with the profession for those who worked toward them.
    The panther mounts (sunstone, ruby, etc.) were Jewelcrafting, not Inscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep it. why bother rerolling, they'll keep professions as a nice bonus thing. you wont be any better or worse off. so whats the point. (great gameplay incentives wod has instilled in us isnt it)
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    keep it. why bother rerolling, they'll keep professions as a nice bonus thing. you wont be any better or worse off. so whats the point. (great gameplay incentives wod has instilled in us isnt it)
    Better than having to be BS/Engineering or wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep. Simply because removing stuff--just because--has proven over time to be very destructive. It's the first thing that forum posters reach for: "Well, just get rid of it." without thinking through the consequences.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    It's a really painful profession to use in trade if you don't want to act as a robot of reposting. For that reason alone I agree with you the profession is a concern. I wouldn't say the Legion changes are more serious matter than that, being a profession that is really problematic on the get go for having so many different items of so low value that only the few that would bother to spend so much time on reposting would do it gladly and the overhwhelming majority finds it a chore.