Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face Classes to play for Legion

Im really struggling with what classes I want to play come legion time. Im wanting to do, 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 range, 1 melee. At the moment im stuck between the following options. Leave a comment and give me some insight why you chose ______. Thank you!

• Setup 1
    • Mage, R Shaman, Prot Pally, DPS DH
    • Setup 2
    • Mage, Enhance Shaman, Tank DH, any Healer(Comment)
    • Setup 3
    • **incorportate mage, shaman**, (you tell me the other two roles)

- - - Updated - - -

Im kind of leading towards setup 2 but dont know how demon hunter tanks are gonna be and dont know what healer to play at the moment. I think mistweaver looks kinda interesting but people have acted like legion ruined it.

You look like you're in love with your Mage and shaman, so those choices seem set.

You could always use your shaman to heal and dps.

For tanks, it seems that Druid, do and do are the preferred options by some of the popular commentators, but this may change before launch.

Btw, mages have AIDS.

Yours sincerely,

A Warlock.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    You look like you're in love with your Mage and shaman, so those choices seem set.

For tanks, it seems that Druid, do and do are the preferred options by some of the popular commentators, but this may change before launch.

Btw, mages have AIDS.

Yours sincerely,

A Warlock.
    Great way to put a smile on my face in the morning, you win!

Hahaha i played a lock from BC to Panda land, but when I switched realms I made a Mage as a change and just didnt level up another lock. I loved my lock but ive played the mage all through WoD so its the most complete character I have. I dont want to use a shaman as dps and heals because it requires 2 different sets of gear and would be just as well off to have another toon completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    PLAY ALL OF THEM!

I mean, so much class-specific content! I need all the lores!
    Yeah im really struggling trying to pick, I dont have time to proficiently play every single one, nor do I think there will be time in a week to do that before resets.

Quote Originally Posted by DPerry918 View Post
    Im really struggling with what classes I want to play come legion time. Im wanting to do, 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 range, 1 melee. At the moment im stuck between the following options. Leave a comment and give me some insight why you chose ______. Thank you!

• Setup 1
    • Mage, R Shaman, Prot Pally, DPS DH
    • Setup 2
    • Mage, Enhance Shaman, Tank DH, any Healer(Comment)
    • Setup 3
    • **incorportate mage, shaman**, (you tell me the other two roles)

- - - Updated - - -

Im kind of leading towards setup 2 but dont know how demon hunter tanks are gonna be and dont know what healer to play at the moment. I think mistweaver looks kinda interesting but people have acted like legion ruined it.
    How many toons are you up for playing? You want more, or less? Obviously some classes could fill multiple roles. Druid? Hunter?

I usually just pick toons I have good ideas for, RP and transmog-wise.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    PLAY ALL OF THEM!

I mean, so much class-specific content! I need all the lores!
    I know, there really is to much. No way someone could play all of them proficiently in a week before the reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    How many toons are you up for playing? You want more, or less? Obviously some classes could fill multiple roles. Druid? Hunter?

I usually just pick toons I have good ideas for, RP and transmog-wise.
    Im really trying to stick to 4 at the moment. I have a druid leveled and just not a huge fan like I used to be in Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post

Btw, mages have AIDS.

Yours sincerely,

A Warlock.
    Haha, i mained a Warlock from BC to MoP before I switched servers. I loved my lock but when I moved I tried something different and just haven't got to leveling another Warlock. Im thinking i want to just stick with my Mage because its my most complete character I have. I dont want to do 2 specs with the shaman because It would be practically the same gearing it if I were to make just 2 separate toons.

I know, there really is to much. No way someone could play all of them proficiently in a week before the reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Im really trying to stick to 4 at the moment. I have a druid leveled and just not a huge fan like I used to be in Cata.

- - - Updated - - -
    I'm looking forward to playing my hunter in part because I'll have both ranged and melee spec on same toon.

Deleted
    I'd avoid Tanking in legion, right now you have to pop all your defensives on nearly every pull.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to do 2 specs with the shaman because It would be practically the same gearing it if I were to make just 2 separate toons.
    You can use resto for dungeons and elemental for questing, the gear can be virtually the same until you start high end content.

I'm looking forward to playing my hunter in part because I'll have both ranged and melee spec on same toon.
    Yeah that will be nice to be all agility and have ranged and melee. Thats the only class that sticks to the same stat but can change rolls like that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xantrus View Post
    You can use resto for dungeons and elemental for questing, the gear can be virtually the same until you start high end content.
    Im just being stubborn on wanting to have 1 of each role, melee, heal, rdps, mdps.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure that will be addressed since were still in Alpha, but I guess you never know!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    I'd avoid Tanking in legion, right now you have to pop all your defensives on nearly every pull.
    Im sure that will get addressed by the time the game fully launches.

Yeah that will be nice to be all agility and have ranged and melee. Thats the only class that sticks to the same stat but can change rolls like that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Im just being stubborn on wanting to have 1 of each role, melee, heal, rdps, mdps.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure that will be addressed since were still in Alpha, but I guess you never know!!

- - - Updated - - -

Im sure that will get addressed by the time the game fully launches.
    And druid, I guess. Hoping the new skins and rotations will make bearcats fun. I'm looking forward to exploring the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! It will be great to have some challenge again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one class - WARLOCK - everything else is just a pathetic imitation.

But well, I know my bases, I'm a good ranged DD player, an OK healer and terrible melee, so I'll stick to the warlock I play since the late Vanilla, it was changed so many times and always ended up being good that I am confident that no matter the change it will be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is only one class - WARLOCK - everything else is just a pathetic imitation.

But well, I know my bases, I'm a good ranged DD player, an OK healer and terrible melee, so I'll stick to the warlock I play since the late Vanilla, it was changed so many times and always ended up being good that I am confident that no matter the change it will be a good choice.
    Yeah ive considered releveling a warlock, might have to do it pre-legion soon

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone got any suggestions for healers that look good come legion time?

Deleted
    Awesome! It will be great to have some challenge again.
    Nah, there's no challenge to it. You pop your cooldowns, then it's down to the healer to make sure you live and the dps to be good enough to kill it before you're defenseless and mobs eat you alive.

Deleted
    Would recommend a Warlock, they've always been strong in pve/pvp in some shape or form, and Demo is being re-built from the ground up (and looks very fun). Mages are all burst, at least with a Lock you've the option of burst, dot, or pet spec so you'll be less likely to be bored long term imo.

Deleted
    Nah, there's no challenge to it. You pop your cooldowns, then it's down to the healer to make sure you live and the dps to be good enough to kill it before you're defenseless and mobs eat you alive.
    Wait what. So having to coordinate the usage of cooldowns, CC etc is NOT CHALLENGING? What else is challenging then? Tanks soloing 5 man content, not having to worry about shit? It's about time it mattered how tanks pressed buttons, it hasn't for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah popping all cooldowns in live all the time (AM is fucking build in your rotation right now) and pressing guard and not to rely on healers...

i wonder why blizzard is changing this super not broken gameplay
    Exactly. Healers must get so bored right now. Yeah, they're important for when dps stand in stuff, but they can switch to dps spec far as I'm concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    yeah popping all cooldowns in live all the time (AM is fucking build in your rotation right now) and pressing guard and not to rely on healers...

i wonder why blizzard is changing this super not broken gameplay
    It might be broken but it sure was fun for tanks, it's pretty important to make tanking at least somewhat fun or you will not have many tanks around.

[*]Setup 3[*]**incorportate mage, shaman**, (you tell me the other two roles)
    For tank I would go with a warrior. I know they are not fun to play in the alpha right now, but they are THE TANK. Animations to gear to sound effects, they are the classic tank.
    Healer would be priest IMO. Disc and holy present two very different gameplay while both being fairly engaging and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    For tank I would go with a warrior. I know they are not fun to play in the alpha right now, but they are THE TANK. Animations to gear to sound effects, they are the classic tank.
    Healer would be priest IMO. Disc and holy present two very different gameplay while both being fairly engaging and fun.
    Thanks for your insight, ill keep em in mind. Just really torn!!